• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Missing sprites in Parasoul's Story Mode

Lukeman

Reaction score
Adam and Molly don't have sprites at all and Parasoul's sprite also disappears soon after.
The Egret at end of the cutscene has a sprite, but with no armband, even though the same cutscene shows them with red armbands earlier. (In-game the Egrets still have armbands)
I tried verifying game files on Steam but nothing changed.

Last edited:
Adam and Molly don't have sprites at all and Parasoul's sprite also disappears soon after.
The Egret at end of the cutscene has a sprite, but with no armband, even though the same cutscene shows them with red armbands earlier. (In-game the Egrets still have armbands)
I tried verifying game files on Steam but nothing changed.
Thank you for reporting this issue! Was this in the retail or beta version of the game?

Thank you for reporting this issue! Was this in the retail or beta version of the game?
Retail. I also had Painwheel's story freeze right before she's about to
destroy the Skull Heart on this frame
and I had to skip the rest of the cutscene by hitting Start.

I checked the beta version: Parasoul no longer disappears, Adam and Molly show up with arm bandless sprites on beta (they're still shown with the armbands earlier in the group photo).

During the second cutscene Molly's square sprite is completely missing when she calls Parasoul and you can only see the video effect scrolling where the sprite should be:

Retail. I also had Painwheel's story freeze right before she's about to
destroy the Skull Heart on this frame
and I had to skip the rest of the cutscene by hitting Start.

I checked the beta version: Parasoul no longer disappears, Adam and Molly show up with arm bandless sprites on beta (they're still shown with the armbands earlier in the group photo).

During the second cutscene Molly's square sprite is completely missing when she calls Parasoul and you can only see the video effect scrolling where the sprite should be:
Thank you for the additional information!! Is the Painwheel issue happening in beta, or retail?

Thank you for the additional information!! Is the Painwheel issue happening in beta, or retail?
It happened in Retail. I think it happened after I beat Ms. Fortune's story mode and went to beat Painwheel's story right after.