• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Music You Like But You're Not Sure Why

LaCheshireZorua

People die when they are dead.
Reaction score
PSN
KingCheshireZorua
Unknown
Title is because the term "guilty pleasure" doesn't apply here.

This thread, to keep it simple, is essentially the Music Thread, but specifically for the music you like... but will give you a very hard time explaining why.

To add on to this, discussion with others on the thread about the music you posted is encouraged. Of course, giving a description of their sound (either based off Wikipedia/some informational source or using your own words) is encouraged and recommended. This sort of helps put words to why you like that band or song.

Also, to repeat and make sure everyone understands this, this isn't the thread specifically designed for "guilty pleasures". This is the thread for the music you like and aren't afraid to admit to liking, yet you have the hardest time explaining why, or even can't explain it at all.

You can have the posted music in spoilers or not in spoilers. It's up to you. Also, you are allowed to post as much as you want per day.

==========

I'll kick things off with this.

This is a Japanese band, apparently based specifically in the city of Kobe, called Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas. And yes, the comma is meant to be there; I assume it's to avoid copyright.

Anyway, to describe the band, the are a sort of metalcore/post-hardcore group that combines that sound with, as they put it once somewhere, "dance tunes" - so essentially rave music - via sequences and synthesizers. Wikipedia refers to them as "electronicore" and "digital hardcore", but I like to call them "ravecore" or "dancecore", due to the specific kind of electronic music they blend their "core" sound with.

To be honest, it's hard to put to words why I like the group. I mean, it does things sonically I normally and generally don't approve of. First, there's the metalcore aspect; I am not a fan of metalcore in the slightest. Second, there's the fact that their clean vocalist is auto-tuned, which is something that would normally make me roll my eyes in annoyance. Third, despite the fact that a lot of their lyrics are written in English, their English is broken like hell.

Yet, I like this band, including those parts of their sound that I never thought I'd like. I'm not ashamed of it, of course... but I can't explain why. :P