• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

My gratitude to Lab Zero Games

erkicman

I'm the MASTER of non-arguments
Reaction score
Steam
erkicman87
Parasoul Robo Fortune Beowulf
Hi @Ravidrath and hi Lab Zero.

This is Erkicman, a guy who occasionally posts on the forums and occasionally goes to Skullgirls tournaments.

So... I just completed my PhD defense today. I am now Dr. Erkicman. This is also why I'm gonna get bodied at Frosty Faustings, as I haven't really played Skullgirls since Combo Breaker but I'm entering anyway (LOL!).

I just wanted to say, thank you so much for making such a great fighting game in Skullgirls, and more than that, thank you SO MUCH for being such an inspiration to me during my graduate studies. Seeing you push forward in the face of incredible adversity gave me the determination to persevere in my studies even in those dark times where I no longer believed in myself. At times, it really felt to me that we were struggling alongside each other, you guys dealing with your crap and myself dealing with my crap. In essence, you guys mean more to me than just videogames. You guys showed me concrete examples in Skullgirls and Indivisible about the great things that are possible when you don't give up. You guys showed me what it means to have real integrity, and the world needs more developers like you guys. Thank you.

Last edited:
I want to say congratulations, Dr. Erkicman! You have done an awesome thing in getting that PhD and I am so happy for you right now. It's rather inspiring to me.

On the subject of Lab Zero, they are quite an inspiration. When you described their feats and struggles and yours, It made me more than willing to take on future challenges of my own.

Reactions: erkicman
Congrats, Dr.Erkicman! That's an amazing achievement, and I'm sure you'll do great at Frosty Faustings.

And yes, Lab Zero's been, overall, an incredible developer. I jumped onto the Skullgirls train a bit late, but seeing their hard work and how it all paid off is beyond words. I'm glad that there are still developers like them around.

I am now Dr. Erkicman.
Congratulations! That's no mean feat.

Are you going to change your handle to that? You really should. :^) It'd be way easier for people to @ you, since then they'd type "Dr." instead of "eri...er...forget it".

doctorates are like not even a big deal so no I'm not jealous why would you even ask me that
Congrats, my man. You did it :D