• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Need Advice For My Scrub Tier Fortune.

majorgalaxy

Reaction score
XBL
MayorofEarth2
Squigly Cerebella Beowulf
So my ms.fortune sucks and I need some advice.
First when I try to do j.HP-M Gato in a combo it rarely restands if im too high its a hard knockdown if im too low I land before it can connect. What am I doing wrong?

second what normals are good for her neutral game and generally how strong is her neutral game.

third how do you properly use her head in the neutral and combos?

First when I try to do j.HP-M Gato in a combo it rarely restands if im too high its a hard knockdown if im too low I land before it can connect. What am I doing wrong?
Mind giving the combo notations?

something like: cr.lk-cr.mp-cr.hp- jump- j.hp-ADC- j.lk-j.hp-M gato-cr.hp-jump-j.mp-j.hk-OTG s.lp... dont remember the whole combo but it was something like that.

So my ms.fortune sucks and I need some advice.

second what normals are good for her neutral game and generally how strong is her neutral game.

third how do you properly use her head in the neutral and combos?
The first thing is likely a timing issue. I know it took me a lot of practice to get down the j.HP-M Gato to restand. What combo you're trying to do might help (depending on the move, you might be not doing enough before the gato, resulting in them still being in the air for the hard knockdown, or you're too slow on the button presses and you land before gato comes out. I still have this problem sometimes.)

Second, it depends on head on or headless, Head on Fortunes neutral game is meh. Not as bad as Filia but nowhere near as good as Parasoul. You get a few tools tho that's good for poking like s.HP and c.MP (move is surprisingly good for some crossups since it puts you lower to the ground and attacks both ways.) Head off neutral is really good. The head makes a lot of stuff safe and is useful for covering you, but comes with inherent risks, like losing all your HP moves and taking 150% damage if both body and head get hit. You also lose invincibility from HK Fiber Upper and chip damage from s.MP.

As for the third....hell I'm STILL trying to figure that out. Head placement is a big factor that is way too random to really rely on. From what I've seen a lot of people like to use the head for restands off OTGs with zoom and such. Again, this is something I'm not really familiar with since I play mostly head on.

You might find some use out of these Miss Fortune guides that I made:

Part 01

Part 02