• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Need help with proofreading for my translation

Not-So-Saint

Reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated!
Reaction score
Steam
not-so-saint
I'm Russian (as you probably know) and my friend asked me to translate his webcomic to English. I did not actually study translation (or English as specialty for that matter), so obviously I would get something wrong. So, if any of you can help me with finding grammatical, punctuational and/or stylistical errors, I will be very grateful.
I'll post some strips I've done down below. Feel free to point out any quirks you find weird.

nm6DiH6_Esk.jpg
CKAFwV92wwI.jpg
rbH4jIYtA7w.jpg
N9bsOOYDM_I.jpg
OlBPWEi6PNI.jpg
04KMSQd9aT4.jpg
4Oo53T-riEU.jpg
hzZUQUCdKKM.jpg
yR9QWa0c1iI.jpg
DrcjN04-vV8.jpg

Page 2
"That unforgettable feeling of ever-loving shit beaten out of me if they were to catch us." -> "That unforgettable feeling of having the ever-loving shit beaten out of me if they were to catch us."

"I assume, pain of nail in my foot does not count?" -> "I assume the pain of nails in my foot does not count?"

Page 9
"Don't mind nipples - It was the only model." -> "Don't mind the nipples; It was the only model."

"That explains noise, that was disturbing my sleep, and workers carrying around various technical stuff." -> "That explains the noise that was disturbing my sleep and the workers carrying around various technical stuff."

Page 10
"Guys, did you notice you've been able to open your mouths for number of strips?" -> "Guys, did you notice you've been able to open your mouths for a number of strips?"

"More details than in both of us combined!" -> "More detail than in both of us combined!"

Last edited:
No problem. If you need any other translubberations checked, post it on here and me or someone else will give it a lookover

On another note, I didn't wanna try and fix what isn't broken, but I personally think using "feet" instead of "foot" would sound better on page 2, since there's no context clues on whether Ropsenshtils is referring to both of his feet or one singular foot, just that he was running barefoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not-So-Saint
On another note, I didn't wanna try and fix what isn't broken, but I personally think using "feet" instead of "foot" would sound better on page 2, since there's no context clues on whether Ropsenshtils is referring to both of his feet or one singular foot, just that he was running barefoot.
He's supposed to have one nail in one foot. Does it sound ambiguous the way I put it in a strip?

Nah, it's fine, doesn't need any extra help saying just one foot, was just double checking that you didn't mean to say feet instead.

but anyway yea, i'm here if you need more help with localization.

Here's ten more =3
e-drPJL_5WM.jpg
KE_XMdSx4Cw.jpg
mvaHtiiWVdI.jpg
6sMPVmLiu1s.jpg
OAHR62QSQXA.jpg
ndrB4_GN6wQ.jpg
ADraEKoxNnY.jpg
UZpGK4_tcxg.jpg
qW41x7MVqlA.jpg
AmjF9Ocs8i4.jpg

I can help a bit.
Page 11 "Looks like he's frustrating" -> "Looks like he's frustrated"
Page 12 "Tired of sleep-shit-eat gag yet?" -> "Tired of your sleep-shit-eat gag yet?"
Page 13 "It's from bathroom, I think... Shit! Hope it's not hitman" -> "It came from the bathroom, I think... Shit! I hope it's not a hitman"
Page 15 "I'm trying to clean clogged up toilet by utilizing firearms" -> "I'm trying to clean this clogged up toilet by utilizing firearms"
Page 16 "I was searching for new toilet today" -> "I was searching for a new toilet today"
Page 17 "Pedofile" -> "Pedophile" "Crashing" -> "Crushing"
Page 19 "Look unhealthy, Doc." -> "You look unhealthy, Doc"
Page 20 "If you won't take away this item" - "If you won't put away that item" "Gave me unique ability" -> "Gave me a unique ability" "Fallic" -> "Phallic"

A few things:
Note:
-I'm not sure if a few of these are intentional to convey an accent or something, I'm just trying to make sentences flow better.
-I got too lazy to retype other parts, so if it isn't in the quotation marks it's probably correct.
No11:
* 4th Panel: "looks like he's frustrated" rather than "Looks like he's frustrating." Unless the hat guy is saying that dealing with shades is frustrating?
No12:
* 2nd Panel: I would prefer "Tired of your eat-sleep-shit gag yet?" Basically just add your in there.
* 4th Panel: "Sorry, sir, I can't hear you over this gunshot." maybe.
No13:
* 1st Panel: "I've acquired some important intel for the case we're working on"
* 2nd Panel: "Gunshots!?" !? would convey surprise better than just !! which makes it seem like he's yelling "GUNSHOTS" really angrily.
* 4th Panel:"I hope it's not a hitman..." I think the inclusion of "I" makes it roll off the tongue better and "..." conveys his anxiousness/nervousness of a potential hitman confrontation.
No14:
* 1st Panel: "You're supposed to be as clean as a whistle." "Nitwit, how dare you make excuses!?" I feel that "!?" would work better because his tone seems to imply him being angry.
* 2nd Panel: "What can I do? Everybody gets messed up in this line of work, it's only natural." "Natural? You had one job and you screwed it up!" That second one can also be "Natural? You had one job and you managed to screw it up!" I prefer the first one though because "managed" slows down the pace somewhat while "You had one job and you managed to screw it up!" is quick and emphasizes his anger. Unless he's saying this whilst calm and collected to his partner.
No15:
* 3rd Panel: "I'm trying to unclog the toilet by utilizing firearms, what else does it look like?" "And the two voices I heard...?" "Ventriloquism practice. Anymore questions?"
No16:
* 1st Panel: "I was searching for a new toilet today and realized that you need help" "I'm disappointed my friend. Please, elaborate."
* 2nd Panel: You're solving all your problems with weapons." "We got lots of firewood in a negligible amount of time." "Most of which were from the woodhouse."
* 3rd Panel: This panel just confuses me...
No17:
* If we were to get that pedophile cannibal who dismembers his victims alive, I'd saw his hands off before crushing his skull
** Nyaa~
No19:
* 3rd Panel: "Bless you. You look unhealthy, doc, did something happen?"
No20:
* 1st Panel: "No, but if you won't take away that item that suspiciously resembles an axe, you'd have to talk with my revolver." "Which served british forces for 50 years."
* 2nd Panel: "Long years of psychoanalysis have given me a unique ability - immunity to phallic weapons. Sadly, your suggestive weapon is powerless against me"
* 3rd Panel: "Sometimes a revolver is just a revolver, doc."
I tried ^^

Thank you both! That's helpful!
In 15th strip he actually says that guy is being in a process of frustrating right now. I thought it was a correct way.

Fumako, in 3rd panel of 16th strip he's referring to a fact that after explosion of a wood house, wood they get was scattered throughout large territory and it was bothersome to gather it.

In 20th doc is saying phallic symbols, not weapons, so I'm inclined to leave it this way.

In 20th doc is saying phallic symbols, not weapons, so I'm inclined to leave it this way.
Ah sorry, slight oversight.
It's still basically the same though, "Long years of psychoanalysis have given me a unique ability - immunity to phallic symbols. Sadly, your suggestive weapon is powerless against me"
I'm using "suggestive weapon" because I'm assuming that by phallic symbol he meant the gun, therefore "suggestive weapon" really does work best.
Also, for the 16th strip:
Keep everything I suggested before but for the 3rd panel I feel "Which scattered everywhere." would work best.
If we follow my fix the last bubble on the 2nd panel would be "Most of which were from the wood house." so when they see "Which scattered everywhere." the word that still lingers in their mind would be "Wood house." Thus the flow would feel more organic and it'd be easier to connect "explosives," "woodhouse," and "everywhere" together.
I'm gonna be honest, I live in the tropics and I have no idea what a wood house is and I thought it was a place that sells firewood so when I read that 3rd panel I thought the owners had to gather it from a large area, increasing the fee, which is why hat guy agreed.
In 15th strip he actually says that guy is being in a process of frustrating right now. I thought it was a correct way.
You mean the 11th strip right? I'm still having trouble with understanding it but I guess when you say that the guy is in a process of being frustrating you mean that they both find him frustrating? Man I wish I could read russian right about now
I guess the best course of action would be "This is going to be frustrating" which implies that they have to take care of him sooner or later. You could also use "Well, he's frustrating" but the way I phrase it might not be in character.
So, have a list of possible choices instead. ^^
- "This is going to be frustrating." ~ Implies that they would take care of him later and it would be frustrating
- "Well, he's frustrating." ~ Present tense, kind of casual [?] in a way
- "This is frustrating." ~ Present tense, deadpan delivery; serious [?] tone.
- "He's annoying." or "He's really annoying." ~ Present tense, basically the same message but I feel it translates better than 'frustrating'
- "This is going to be annoying." ~ Future tense, practically just the first suggestion; in this case I feel that the first one translates better though.

Also, for the 16th strip:
Keep everything I suggested before but for the 3rd panel I feel "Which scattered everywhere." would work best.
If we follow my fix the last bubble on the 2nd panel would be "Most of which were from the wood house." so when they see "Which scattered everywhere." the word that still lingers in their mind would be "Wood house." Thus the flow would feel more organic and it'd be easier to connect "explosives," "woodhouse," and "everywhere" together.
I'm gonna be honest, I live in the tropics and I have no idea what a wood house is and I thought it was a place that sells firewood so when I read that 3rd panel I thought the owners had to gather it from a large area, increasing the fee, which is why hat guy agreed.
His actual argument was, "And we had to gather it (firewood) from very large territory". Does that sound fine?
Woodhouse is a storage for logs, which you are supposed to split into smaller firewood. Typically you would use axe or saw to do it, but Ropsen is too extreme for that, so he just exploded whole construction, since it's implied that woodhouse itself was made of wood.
You mean the 11th strip right? I'm still having trouble with understanding it but I guess when you say that the guy is in a process of being frustrating you mean that they both find him frustrating? Man I wish I could read russian right about now
I guess the best course of action would be "This is going to be frustrating" which implies that they have to take care of him sooner or later. You could also use "Well, he's frustrating" but the way I phrase it might not be in character.
Oh, my bad. I should say 'in the process of being frustratED', sorry. What he meant is The Author (glasses guy) is upset right now.
You can read first ten strips to get a little better understanding of "it looks like..." bit. It's somewhat of a running gag. One character is stating something pretty obvious and adds "it looks like" before it. In 11th strip his partner's lampshading obviousness of it by replying "brilliant observation".

His actual argument was, "And we had to gather it (firewood) from very large territory". Does that sound fine?
It sounds too rough, to be honest. I think using "Which scattered everywhere" conveys the idea well enough.

"Stalin did get on me. Did he get on you?"
OK, before I found this comic series meh.
BUT NOW
NOW I WANT TO HUG WHOEVER MADE THIS
I'll try to fix a few things when I wake-up~

I wasn't sure how to translate it. In Russian she literally says 'there's no Stalin on you' meaning there's no Stalin to deal with them. So he responds with 'there IS Stalin on me'. Did I get that right?

No you didn't get it right.
But it still works.
I like it better too :P

No22:
Panel 1 - "So, how'd it go with the therapist?"
Panel 2 - "Well, I don't know what to say..."
- "Don't jump to conclusions, my friend." (Everything else in his bubble is correct)
Panel 3 - "It's quite a story... The part with the chopper, evil dwarves, and the nazi artifact I understood, more or less. But why'd you shoot the doc? You could've just disarmed him." (Probably too long for the bubble?)
No23:
Panel 3 - "I wonder how they actually study it?"
- "Assistant-chan, Occamu no Razor!" "HAI! GOSHOUJIN-SAMA!" (IT'S A JOKE)
No24: (TOO MUCH TEXT)
Panel 1 - Many people ask me, "Ropsenshtils, why do you wear a coat with the buttons of the 'female?'" In most cases I offer to transmit my answer directly to their brain, but sometimes I say this:

You're getting better :P

Ropsenshtils, why do you wear a coat with the buttons of the 'female?'
I'm not sure on this one. Author was refering to the fact that coats for males have buttons on the right side and holes on the the left while coats for females have it vice-versa. And Ropsen wears buttons on the left - or 'female' - side. I'm not sure your version describes it correctly.

Oh my god, even without what you just said what I wrote down was wrong >~<
Maybe, "Ropsenshtils, why do you wear a female coat?"

Fwd05N50adM.jpg
5edz5Kxk1Lg.jpg

This strip references classic Russian novel The Master and Margarita. Woland is character from that book and is basically Satan.
fgjkyMixJmU.jpg
g6_hFNwHkPQ.jpg

Another The Master and Margarita reference. One of the characters (The Master) wrote novel himself. Yeshua Ha-Nozri is character in it and he represents Jesus. There is also Pontius Pilate, who is procurator of Judaea in this novel.
The giant and his habit of using most inconvenient stuff to wipe himself with is taken from François Rabelais's book Gargantua and Pantagruel.
BILMhiWc3Yo.jpg

No27:
Panel 1 - [...] Also, I thought you looked different.
Panel 4 - You have no idea how much humiliation that game brought to me!
No28:
Panel Rohpsthensils (I can't get his name right >~<) - A severe case of Stockholm Syndrome
No30:
Panel 1 - Oh no, it's a British Quasi Comic.
Panel 2 - Do you know what they call the sexual intercourse of five gentlemen in England. hmm? Five O'cock, sirs! Ha-ha! Funny, isn't it?
Panel 4 - I never thought I'd ask this, but Ropsenshtils shoot him. Please.
- Yeah, killing someone over nothing is funnier than this, I guess.

xwSvOUPro1o.jpg
hkZiDr5yfQ4.jpg
30UdPJMulKs.jpg
qeUE7Vx0tL4.jpg
liLpwizZH9M.jpg
lB-29rShjBs.jpg
jFidQUva654.jpg
9bryUmz7UtM.jpg
SzRzhkPmkVE.jpg
JDtblimrqK0.jpg

No.31:
Panel 1 - "It started with a call to our office"
- Private detective agency "Ropsenshtils & Shignagsingerzuppe's Bureau" here.
Panel 2 - "It was a certain young madame calling to, first of all, tell me that she'd rather not discuss it over the phone. I agreed."
- "She was also polite and possessed an exceptionally pleasant voice."
No.32:
Panel 1 - "I might add." instead of "I might say." :3
Panel 2 - "Greetings, lady, but nobody calls us in their good days. So what gnaws you?" Ugh, don't know enough to say that that last bit is correct but I'd rather leave it like that.
Panel 3 - Replace every "shoot down" with "shot down"
-"For a tomato!?"
No.34:
Panel 2 - "Another everything. About tomato." This bit is probably wrong, but it's so humorous that I'd rather keep it that way.
Panel 3 - "Oh yeah... My father created a unique two-dimensional tomato. Here's a 3d photo of it. If you were to look at it with 3d glasses it would stay two dimensional."
Panel 4 - "Astonishing." This guy is brilliant.
No.35:
Panel 1 - "So, let me ask you, how did you father create this magical vegetable?"
-In his own words, "With selective breeding and maternal relations."He's an enigma. May I ask a question in return?
-On one condition: it has to be related to some topic.
Panel 4 - "Joker? I thought I was just talking nonsense."
No.36:
Panel 1 - "After getting the biggest minimum of information from Margo (That's what madame was called), we went to work." Is it really supposed to be biggest minimum?
Panel 2 - There's a mistake but it's minor enough that I think it's alright. If you want to fix it you just take the "And" away from the last line.
No.37:
Panel 1 - "I will cover the bottom of hell evenly with yourself." I'm not sure if this is the best, it ends up sounding weird whatever I do.
Panel 2 - "Go in peace, my son" Spelling mistake.
Panel 3 - "I think I am in a quite different direction." or "I think I am in a rather different direction." I previously fixed it up but I felt that it didn't have the sass feel of the previous...?
No.38:
Panel 1 - "You won't believe it..." instead of wouldn't
IS THIS REAL?
LIKE, I PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO SEE IT BUT I HAVE TO
No.39:
Panel 1 - "[...] In the flames of the nuclear apocalypse, as did everyone else."
Panel 3 - Brainpan? is this correct?
No.40:
Panel 2 - Than, not then. c:
Panel 4 - I can't read thiiiiisss, It's probably fine.
I'm so glad this isn't dead.
It's one of the best thing's I've ever read...
Do people actually read this? If so, where?

Russian version has little following. English version wasn't published yet. It's only around 70 pages now in Russian, so I guess he'll start publishing translations when I'll catch up with originals. It's not dead I was just slacking =ъ Also original is really notorious for its looooooooooooooooooong updates. I guess it's contagious =]

Edited: yaoi thing was real but it was a fanfic not art. Maybe I'll translate it, it was actually funny.
Edited2: Chekhov's just adding Ъ to every word. Otherwise it's normal. I'll probably copy it without those for you to read when I'll have more time.

Edited: yaoi thing was real but it was a fanfic not art. Maybe I'll translate it, it was actually funny.
YES
I've never wanted to see yaoi this badly in my life before.

#40: Wait, who!?

I must don the "Exomuscles"! Quick!

Great Scott! This is...

Anton Pavlovich Chekhov!!

In the flesh!

But... how?

You see, fine sir, "Exomuscles" are Chekhov's, if I may, device. Chekhov's and therefore mine. That's why I'm here. But let's not waste any time, for your friend is getting beaten. Let's hurry to his rescue!

I think the chekhov guy can keep your translation.
Let's just say it's personality~

uWlExsc12p8.jpg
People should be beautiful in every way!
In their faces!
In their dress!
In their soul, and in their thoughts!
And you are ugly!
Owgo3KIMG3w.jpg
XTgDWV8Oyto.jpg

#43: The Raven sketch

Once upon a midnight creepy, when I felt a little sleepy,
I could hear somebody steepy tapping at my pet-shop door.
Who are those unwelcome treaters, causing noise in mere metres
Like a tribe of fierce man-eaters, harbingers of fear and woe?
Who is that? A friend or foe?

Do you have complaint to share?

You're my nemesis, I swear.
I was dim and unaware, bought a raven in this shop.

Take a closer look, good sire:
Its condition's rather dire,
It's consumed by sickly tire
And its heart methinks did stop.
You should remedy this slop.

Come again?

I'll put it bluntly: It behaves too bloody calmly
I will say to you abruptly
that this raven is no more.

But you see it is no mammal,
To the rainy season annual
Those unfathomable species
Do react like this since yore.
Don't you watch your wildlife channel
Every Saturday at four?

Want replacement from the store.

But this raven is amazing!
Worthy of the best appraising!
From the state of Monomotap he was taken, and therefore
Raven is just simply resting, and the Africa, his nesting,
And his bride, his little cheepers all this time he's pinin' for.

I'll repeat my previous statement
That this raven's nevermore!

I don't know how to assure you,
how to possibly secure you
That this raven's really healthy
and most certainly okay.
Look, he has a lovely plumage…

But there's scarcely any usage.
Time has come it seems for war wage
on this nice and lovely day.

Have you ever wanted, squire,
to be shot and pass away?

Well, I'd rather not…

I say.

Please, I beg you, don't start firing
take that bird you are requiring
From the storage, there are plenty
there, so you can stop this rant.

Oh, and while I have revolver
you once more could be a solver.
Please, replace another creature.
Namely, this one coelacanth.
Looks like his days too are scant.
ANmnvdAVhUY.jpg

Farewell, sirs, I have to hurry! Too many maidens are dreaming to see Chekhov's gun goes off!
ez0fizgxQro.jpg

Last edited:
First of all, I changed #43 so you can actually read it now. It was really bad.
Second of all, I completed all existing strips. Enjoy, I guess =ъ
uPyKYjlKCqc.jpg
Dsqjpjq8_Oo.jpg
OfhKFcAYWLo.jpg
nbp76f5GsUk.jpg
o4p0w3XqAXc.jpg
tDFiwaMit9o.jpg
UCs11FeTrV0.jpg
A9SythI46N0.jpg
PcI4M31P2eE.jpg
u4CywEf0p-E.jpg
RhjsPxxWuSY.jpg
wEcFbZ3s314.jpg
NZu_nztU7b8.jpg
E09O21Y_jVk.jpg
hayhTH5WXVE.jpg
BXGYriPxXug.jpg
pLBJapoiIi8.jpg
1qdUm5A5iQ4.jpg
ipMPBtnObck.jpg
LdjPFk3UxIk.jpg
5CA82BaBqLk.jpg
NSP26O8G2Xg.jpg
51jVNG4Avqo.jpg
7BsEoAoN1_w.jpg
_46ybZ2qWWE.jpg
HpvJakZQmXw.jpg
TZxdIK8aC3I.jpg

Since nobody seems to have tackled your previous post as well, I'll try to do it for you too.
A lot of these are just personal corrections I would make, so keep that in mind,

No. 41:
This is fine, I don't see any errors.

No. 42:
"Listen, play debt is an important thing but I do have self-respect after all."
I'd put a comma there between "thing" and "but", "Listen, play debt is an important thing, but I do...."

No. 43
Wow this is a lot of text

Once upon a midnight creepy, when I felt a little sleepy,
I could hear somebody steepy tapping at my pet-shop door.

I'm not entirely sure the word "steepy" works there. Steepy refers to something being steep, or having a high climb.

Do you have complaint to share?
"Complaint" should be plural, so "Do you have complaints to share?"

I was dim and unaware, bought a raven in this shop.
That doesn't really read correctly; I'd recommend changing it to "I was dim and unaware, I bought a raven in this shop".

It's consumed by sickly tire
It's is a contraction for "it is", which is referring to the present. "It was" probably fits better, since the bird was run over in the past.

There should be an I at the beginning of that sentence and an a before the "from", so "I want a replacement from the store".

Same thing as before.

Time has come it seems for war wage
It should be "The time has come it seems for war to wage".

Oh, and while I have revolver
It should be "Oh, and while I have a revolver"

By the way, I really like this one

No. 44:
Farewell, sirs, I have to hurry! Too many maidens are dreaming to see Chekhov's gun goes off!
I'm not sure if you want to leave his text with errors, but it should be "....To see Chekhov's gun go off!"

He could at least return "Exomuscles..."
It should be "He could at least return the "Exomuscles"..."

And Checkhov as far as I know too
A few errors here, I'd rewrite it as "And Checkhov, as far as I know, can't either."

No. 45:
And while you're in that thing, cover the hole with cupboard, it's chilly.
It should be "...Cover the hole with the cupboard, it's chilly."

Oh, by the way, for any future comics, it would be helpful if you could put transcripts of the text so I can just copy-paste parts with errors.
No. 46:
Hmm... Looks like they were trying to kill me. And seemingly to no effect.
I'd rewrite this to "Hmm... Looks like they were trying to kill me, and, seemingly to no effect."

How fortunate, considering enemy's strength.
This should be "how fortunate, considering the enemy's strength."

Yeah, right, I feel too, but there is one circumstance...
This should be "Yeah, right, I feel happy too, but there is one thing...
"One circumstance" isn't really something said, we usually say "one thing".

Strauss damn you.
There should be a comma after Strauss.

I don't think I'll have enough time to do all of them, but I'll go to 50.
No. 47:
...As the butcher, maniac who I put behind bars many years ago.
It should be "...As the butcher, a maniac who I put behind bars many years ago."

I wonder what connection insane and supposedly immune to phallic symbols psychotherapist-killer could possibly have with maniac, turned orthodox cyborg?
A lot of errors here, I'd rewrite this as "I wonder what connection the insane, and, supposedly immune to phallic symbols psychotherapist-killer could possibly have with a maniac, turned orthodox cyborg?"

You're logically inconsistant and also dead-hearted swine.
Inconsistant is incorrect, it is actually spelled with an e; I'd rewrite this as "You're logically inconsistent and are a dead-hearted swine."

And, if memory serves, tomato too posess certain degree of redness.
Possess is spelled wrong, there are four Ses. This should be "And, if memory serves, tomato too possess a certain degree of redness."
I also like this one a lot

No. 48:
Forest must be nearby.
This should be "The forest must be nearby."

No. 49:
No errors here.

No. 50:
Bonfire is expired.
This should be "The bonfire is expired".

What a forest is on fire,
Depending on what you're going for here, this is incorrect in different ways. Is he saying something like "Wow, what a forest is on fire?" If that is it, it should be "Wow, what a forest fire.".
Is he saying something what "What!? A forest is on fire!" If that is the case, that is how it should be written.
This one's by far my favorite.

These were really amusing! I'll do the other 23 comics when I get a chance later.
Hope it helps!

Thank you!

About #43 - it is poetry so there's a lot of limiters in place. I can't really add more syllables to strings sadly, so it'll be really tricky to fix everything =/
Steepy I used because I needed rhyme obviously and it said it was an insult on urban dictionary. Although there's not much credibility there of course, I still decided to go with it since I wasn't able to find alternative.
Complaint was a reference to original Monty Python's Parrot Sketch, but they actually used "I wish to register a complaint" line. Is plural form necessitated by usage of "to share" part or is it just inherent to the way word 'complaint' is used? If it's because of "share', I'll change it then.
Is "I was dim and unaware, bought me raven in this shop" sufficient? This will preserve number of syllables.
"It's consumed by sickly tire" - didn't mean car tire. I meant tiredness. Wiki told me this word actually has this meaning.
"Please replace it from the store" maybe?
War wage I didn't quite like myself, so I can change it entirely. What about "Now the time has come for carnage"?
I guess "While I still have a revolver" will do.

"Strauss damn you" is a play on "God damn you". Does it require a comma?

Is he saying something what "What!? A forest is on fire!" If that is the case, that is how it should be written.
I guess I just worded it badly. He actually meant "Such a good forest is on fire because of you".

You really helped a lot! =O

==================================
#51: Interrogation

Let's hear how this bird will sing.

I see trees of green, red roses too...

Hm...

Not bad. Now we'll deal with you, insect.

Crap on my cookies once more and I'll destroy your whole family. Or order. Or

even class.

To you then, animal...

Twenty eight litres per day, nice! You're just a portal to the milk dimension,

baby.

And now - get him, guys.
#52: Uninvited guests

Don't want to interrupt, Ropsenshtils, but there's some army asking for you.

I'm coming.

Well. What can I don't do for you at this lovely day?

I'm General Matilda, KICK.

Pff. I am Ropsenshtils, blow your brains out.

Or I could rather offer some tea. I'm pretty unpredictable, you know.

No, I'm with Knavish International Conclave of Killers and you're holding our

member.

That member of yours was trying to kill me. And we won't let him go before I

learn by whose order he acted.

It's absolutely confidential information. We have no right to share it.

No, you!
#53: An idea

Was it necessary to act like that? They're going to sturm us at this point.

Okay, I have an idea.

Oh no, not an idea...

They call me Cuban Pete!

I'm the king of the Rumba beat!

When I play the maracas they go chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky...
#54: Peculiar personality

Two hours later.

There were four of us against nineteen, and now we're four against nine.

Brilliant!

Ropsenshtils, there are only two of us and no one attacked yet.

But if there's only two of us... What about Caporal Korsky and Jolly Bob then?

Guys just didn't make it, did they?

Did they, sarge?

You know, I think you're out of mind a bit...

Just a little bit, eh?

I went crazy as all hell, can't you see!? I am completely inadequate!

Jeesus, when will you learn to state things as they are at last?
#55: Sudden relatives

Okay, let's all relax and then you, Shiznagsingerzuppe, will come up with a plan.

Why me?

You better hurry before I get some kind of idea again.

Okay, okay...

15 minutes later...

...and that's how we can get out of this situation.

This is your eighth plan and all of them are suspiciously oriented on finding

consensus with the mercenaries.

It was the same plan, I'm just trying to beat into your head that dialogue and

aim for understanding is our only solution!

Attention, detectives! You have fifteen more minutes to hand us the hostage

before we start operation "Blood and guts", during which you'll be extremely

amazed by the ways a human can be killed with. The clock is ticking.

I tell you what, my friend, your plans lack fantasy, advisability, and

nonsensical violence.

If only Uncle Frank was here. He'd get it done in a minute.

Great detective he was, your uncle. A shame you're not like him.
#56: The Teachings of Don Quixote

Ropsenshtils, I have a confession to make.

You're still not my type.

No, I mean Uncle Frank still can help us.

Isn't he too dead for that?

Not physically. I could travel to spirit realm and ask his advice.

Did I ever tell you that you're strange?

You see, Ropsenshtils, I have a secret...

My ancestors were Indians.

My grandpa, shaman Tight Expander, possessed sacral knowledge of travels to

places inacessible for mere mortals. He tought me to alter my state of mind to

enter spirit world through dipping into unconscious. I'll find Uncle Frank there

and ask for advice.

For this mystical transition I'll need peyote, psilocybin mushrooms, and some

olives on skewers. All that is stashed in my forest cache. I could get out

through chimney by using my indian ancestors' skills, sneak past watchmen, and

find my stash while you're distracting our enemies.

Yes, right, I think I could...

It'll be faster.
#57: The Other Side

Oh, damn...

How did I get here? That was some strong...

...Peyote. Hmm.

Speak up, young man.

Hello, lady...

HELP! THEY TURNED ME INTO A PHONE!

It's an Afterlife, grandson. Not everything here is what it is, and what is not

looks more different than this.

Not funny, gramps, you said there will be a lady.

Yeah, 72 maidens are on the line.

Did you reveal mysteries of all creation only for mockery?

Not only. Just mainly.

Maybe you'll connect me to the place of Uncle Frank's final resting at last?

Okay, okay.

Yesъ?

Oh, God...
#58: The Other Side is not the same

And then I'm telling him, telling him... Hey, this is that mofo Ruins O'Failey

McClusterfuck Von Fubar Game'Overson-The'Endsky or whatnot...

Nicely done. Anton Palyich, old chap, pour us some more Whiskey.

MomentЪ!

Just go on, go on.

Yeah, and then I really sneezed, and Ropsen is like I'm totally extravagant.

Dunno about you but it's not funny for me at all. There was a lot of not funny

stuff...

Then this Voland's showing up and I'm just "Hey, pal, I don't like your Goofy,

put it away!", yeah. And then Robopope is breaking the wall and go like "I'll

cross you all, mwahaha!" Ropsen hides behind me in fear, but it's cool, he's shy

and sensitive like a schoolgirl, after all.

Where was I? Ah! So I'm telling this jerk "Hey, good fellow, why won't you kindly

leave this place?" and smacking him with the chair. And then Chekhov appears, can

you imagine that?

Drivelъ!

Right. But then it turns out that Ropsen just imagined all that cause his brain

was stepped on, you know. I'm saying it and couldn't believe myself.

And why do those things keep crawling into my mouth!?
#59: Professional assessment

...And that's how they pinned us in that cabin. I'm here to ask for your help,

Uncle Frank. I have very little time. Don't know what's happening with my friend.

He is most likely being killed. I must find a way to help him no matter what,

understand?

Well, the situation is rather serious...
#60: Do you even duel?

Eh? Grenade?

Unfortunately, no, my androgynous friend. I'm just challenging you to a duel.

I didn't find a glove so I used a sock instead. And then it couldn't break the

glass so I put half of a brick inside.

A duel? I bet you didn't even shoot a bullet, pipsqueak.

Actually, yes, thanks for reminder. I didn't shoot a bullet today indeed. Yet.
#61: Double the fun

Are you ready to save your friend by putting your life on the line?

I guess.

I can't hear you!

I think so!

Can't hear!

Probably!!

That's the spirit!

Listen closely now. To be able to get to the real world you have to obtain your

inner power. You must look into yourself, descend into the darkest depths of your

soul to find the light of your true self there. It is a long and dangerous jorney

which will span across many strips but your reward will be priceless. For that,

you'll need peyote and some...

Damn, it's getting funnier every time!
#62: In the meantime two weeks ago

So what's going on in the fascinating world of web-comics..?

Web-comics!

One man really wanted to want to one day not be able to be able

But wasn't able to

Ropsenshtils!

M?

I think I've learned the vanity of existence.

The pistol is in the toilet tank.
#63: Jacob's Career Ladder

Okay, rookie, you look so feeble, I'm letting you choose weapon for the due...

e... eh...

I choose ambition.

He killed general! Now I'm in charge! Fire!

No, I'm in charge, here's my command: fire!

Shut up you two, I'm the senior one, fire!

You place-hunters! I'll...

And I choose ancient Indian magic!

Oh, here you are. How was the afterworld?

Are you drunk?
#64: Stress

I planned to let general live. I hit him with special non-lethal pitchfork to

interrogate him later. And I said I choose ambition because of symbolism:

mercenaries would fight due to their lust for power and that would be the end of

Matilda as an army leader. But your monster just stomped, bunted, infected with

something, and pecked everybody. And then it just evaporated. Where's social

commentary in that, I wonder? If I were to kill general with pitchfork, I would

just say: "I choose surprise". I wanted something... More refined.

And our sniper vanished somewhere. He's probably chomping the World Tree in the

Helheim somewhere, lucky guy, while we have a work to do.

At least we have a whole glade of clues, we can gather them like mushrooms. But

where did you pull that pitchfork out from so quickly?

I carry it under my coat sometimes. Helps with posture.

You know what? I'm starting to think that this investigation is unsafe. That

bothers me and disturbs my thinking. Do you know any good way of relieving

stress?

Umm... Fishing?

Fishing then. I'll smoke, we'll take our rods from the trunk, and get going.

Light my cigar from that smoldering leg please - you're closer to it.
#65: A morbid bait

Oh, my goatlings, you'll pay for general's death.

GHet over here, fish!

Who's making noise? You'll scare the fish away.

Some time later...

You can catch a nice pike with a nipple.

Aha.

Hm. Where did he come from?

*Sigh*

I am done with your shit!

With all due respect, sir, I would ask you to not do my shit.

That's it, I'm done! You are removed from the case! Your badge! Now!

Affirmative, sir.

Ropsenshtils

It's a badge of child autopsists conference's participant. I need your police

badge.

Oh yes, sir, I'm afraid it doesn't exist, sir, because technically I am not a

policeman. And that forces me to ask two important questions, sir...

Who are you and what this hole is?

I ask myself those questions every day.

Bang!

You could slam that door less loudly.

Um...

Maybe we could go somewhere together?

Bang!

By the way, Shiznagsingerzuppe, how did you become an alcoholic?

I'm living with you.

Yes, but why else?

Why do you think there's something else?

Your eyes are telling more than your mouth but they are mumbling and stutering,

so maybe you will shut your eyes and answer with your mouth?

*sigh*

All right, I think it's related to my father.

My last hour is upon me, son.

All your life I was preparing you for this moment, because there is only one

argument to create you society persuaded me with.

When someone asked me "Who will get you a glass of water when you grow old?" It

made me see the light. So I abandoned everything for this glass: my interests,

dreams, ambitions.

And now on the verge of death I'm thirsty as hell and my son is here. What a

wonderful coincidence!

Go now and fulfil your holy mission!

You ham-handed bastard..!

Let down your old man to death, eh? Did your mother perish from the same disease?

Good thing I am immune - I hold you cheap as dirt.

My mom is alive, actually.

And how do you plan to deal with her?

I don't want her to die at all.

Lord, how boring you are.

We need money. For a week at end I eat only mayonaisse, and drink it, and... And

it was the last bottle. We need to solve something ASAP. Weren't we investigating

some case a while ago?

I'm recalling it. The tomato case. I hope it didn't manage to solve itself

somehow already.

We need information and I know where to dig for it.

Hey-ho, Hey-ho! There's a load here.

Didn't I say so? A treasure.

They don't call him Johnny Golden Mine for nothing.

Hey-ho, Johnny.

No, stop, I don't know anything else!

Our source pointed to this guy. He's called Johnny The Onion.

He looks like decent responsive fellow.

But don't let him fool you - he's actually cruel and cynical guy.

Truth be told, though, behind this scary mask he hides gentle and vulnerable

inside.

Which, however, is just a ruse for a real monster.

Although, deep down in his soul flickers the light of good and humanity.

But you better believe it's a cunning facade for a completely deranged bastard.

With a heart of gold.

You two talk and I'll check if we have a tail.

I heard about you. Nice to me...

Oh Lord in Heaven, I will call an ambulance!

The tail is docked.

Why are you lying around?

This... Sick... Jerk... Kicked me... In the balls...

Balls? Yours? Don't be ridiculous. It's probably a blister or alzheimer or ebola,

something like that.

So, Johnny, I need some names.

Olga, Charlie, Gunther.

Who's that?

Dunno. Hever heard of them.

You're up to something, Johnny. Do you know what I do with people who are up to

something? I call them scum and never wish them happy Birthday again.

Because they never get a Birthday again.

They get a Deathday instead.

Because they die.

Believe me, as your friend I want nothing more in this life than to help you and

bang your mom.

How dare you!

I've got no friends!

Here's my mom's number. You give me the list of people connected to the two-

dimensional tomato.

Really? Wow. Usually people react more... Adequate.

Okay, here's the list, there are all who I know about. Now excuse me...

I have a date!

Did you really give him your mother's number?

Of course not. I never had parents. I emerged in the backstreet from the bitter

letdowns, broken hopes, and spoiled yohurt.

Here it is pal. The moment of truth.

My crotch was hurt for nothing.

Your crotch knew what's coming. It's not all bad though. There's one thing which

cheers me up.

Which one?

Hello, is it Ropsenshtils' mom?

Affirmative, initializing "Ropsenshtils' mom" protocol.

Year later.

...All because of that freaking phone call.

Easy, Johnny, don't overdo it with that yohurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meow-Professor
Steepy I used because I needed rhyme obviously and it said it was an insult on urban dictionary.
Urban dictionary informs me this also is slang for "erection" apparently
Going on rhyme websites, there's a few you could consider using instead.
Weedy might also work, it would basically be insulting his physical appearance. Needy, maybe? Considering the shopkeeper doesn't want to return his bird. Finally maybe weepy, which would be saying he is overdramatic about the raven.

Complaint was a reference to original Monty Python's Parrot Sketch, but they actually used "I wish to register a complaint" line. Is plural form necessitated by usage of "to share" part or is it just inherent to the way word 'complaint' is used? If it's because of "share', I'll change it then.
It is because of the way it is worded. If you wanted to use the singular form of "complaint", you would need to put an A in front of it, as in "a complaint to share". Of course, that adds a syllable, so your best bet is just making "complaints" plural.

Is "I was dim and unaware, bought me raven in this shop" sufficient? This will preserve number of syllables.
I don't think that is correct, still. To me, that implies an accent since we don't say "me (noun)". Usually it is "my (noun)", but that doesn't sound right without an "I" after the comma.
Your best bet is to stay with the way it is; it still won't really be correct, but you need to stay with the scheme of the poem.

"It's consumed by sickly tire" - didn't mean car tire. I meant tiredness. Wiki told me this word actually has this meaning.
"Please replace it from the store" maybe?
Tire is a verb, so it would be like saying "it's consumed by sickly run". It isn't correct. I thought it was a car tire because care tire is a noun, so it would make more sense there. I don't know what you could do there to fix that line, but in worst case scenario, just leave it like that.
Please replace it from the store is fine.

War wage I didn't quite like myself, so I can change it entirely. What about "Now the time has come for carnage"?
That would be perfect actually, it reads much better.

"Strauss damn you" is a play on "God damn you". Does it require a comma?
If you are referring to "Strauss" as "God", then yeah, it is fine. Sorry I didn't pick that up.

I guess I just worded it badly. He actually meant "Such a good forest is on fire because of you".

You really helped a lot! =O
"Such a good forest is on fire because of you" is much better as well, yeah.

Anytime! I'll go through the other ones now for you, let me just go through my alerts. Thanks for writing the text down

No. 51:
This is fine, no errors here.

No. 52:
This is fine, except for one thing:
I am Ropsenshtils, blow your brains out.
He's making a joke about the previous line from General Matilda, right? If that is correct, this is fine.

No. 53:
Was it necessary to act like that? They're going to sturm us at this point.
"Sturm" isn't a word; did you mean to spell "storm"? That would fit better here, implying they'd attack them.

No. 54:
Ropsenshtils, there are only two of us and no one attacked yet.
It should be "...And no one has attacked yet".

Guys just didn't make it, did they?
Do you mean "guys" referring to the other two people they thing didn't make it, or "guys" referring to the people he is talking to?
If it is the first, it should be "The guys just didn't make it, did they?"

You know, I think you're out of mind a bit...
It should be "I think you're out of your mind a bit..."

No. 55:
It was the same plan, I'm just trying to beat into your head that dialogue and aim for understanding is our only solution!
It should be "...That dialogue and the aim for understanding is our only solution!".

No. 56:
Nothing wrong here, too.
I like this one.

No. 57:
This is fine too.

No. 58:
And then Robopope is breaking the wall and go like "I'll
cross you all, mwahaha!"
It should be "...And goes like "I'll cross you all, mwahaha!".

No. 59:
Nothing incorrect in this one.

No. 60:
Actually, yes, thanks for reminder.
It should be "actually, yes, thanks for the reminder".

No. 61:
Nothing wrong here.

No. 62:
In the meantime two weeks ago
This is the title, but there should be a comma between "meantime" and "two".

No. 63:
He killed general!
It should be "He killed the general".

No. 64
I planned to let general live.
Again, it should be "the general".

If I were to kill general with pitchfork, I would
just say: "I choose surprise".
This should be "If I were to kill the general with a pitchfork, I would just say "I choose surprise".

No. 65:
Oh, my goatlings, you'll pay for general's death.
It should be "the general".

66 is missing from the transcripts?

No. 67:
It's a badge of child autopsists conference's participant
That does not read well. He's saying it is a badge from the conference of child autopsists, right? Or something like that?

Who are you and what this hole is?
It should be "who are you and what is this hole?"

No. 68:
Your eyes are telling more than your mouth but they are mumbling and stutering,
Is the mouth mumbling and stuttering, or his eyes? Stuttering has three T's, not sure if this is an error just in the transcript.
I believe you are talking about his eyes considering "they", so this should be re-written as "Your eyes are telling more than your mouth, and they are mumbling and stuttering".

No. 69:
We need money. For a week at end I eat only mayonaisse, and drink it, and... And
it was the last bottle.
This should be "For a week at end I ate and drank only mayonaisse, and... And that was the last bottle.

No. 70:
He looks like decent responsive fellow.
It should be "he looks like a decent and responsive fellow".

he's actually cruel and cynical guy.
This should be "he's actually a cruel and cynical guy".

Truth be told, though, behind this scary mask he hides gentle and vulnerable
inside.
This should be "behind his scary mask, he is gentle and vulnerable inside".

No. 71:
alzheimer
It is actually Alzheimer's. Also Ebola should be capitalized.

No. 72:
I call them scum and never wish them happy Birthday again.
It is "Happy Birthday"; the H in Happy is capitalized as well.

No. 73:
Okay, here's the list, there are all who I know about. Now excuse me...
It should be "there is everyone I know about".

I emerged in the backstreet from the bitter
letdowns, broken hopes, and spoiled yohurt.
Is "yohurt" a pun? It is actually "yogurt".

Year later
It is "A year later".
There you go.

Urban dictionary informs me this also is slang for "erection" apparently
Going on rhyme websites, there's a few you could consider using instead.
Weedy might also work, it would basically be insulting his physical appearance. Needy, maybe? Considering the shopkeeper doesn't want to return his bird. Finally maybe weepy, which would be saying he is overdramatic about the raven.
Well, since he wasn't sure who it was behind that door I'm not sure if weepy will do. Maybe "I could hear some dirty hippie / Tapping at my petshop door"?
Now he just sounds like a grumpy old man =ъ

It is because of the way it is worded. If you wanted to use the singular form of "complaint", you would need to put an A in front of it, as in "a complaint to share". Of course, that adds a syllable, so your best bet is just making "complaints" plural.
Okay then.

I don't think that is correct, still. To me, that implies an accent since we don't say "me (noun)". Usually it is "my (noun)", but that doesn't sound right without an "I" after the comma.
Your best bet is to stay with the way it is; it still won't really be correct, but you need to stay with the scheme of the poem.
I know it's not a correct way, but I'm pretty sure that's how British people use it. "me mum" = "my mom", y'know. I think that won't be much of a stretch since this strip references Monty Python's sketch a lot with "squire" and what not. But then again, if both ways are incorrect I may as well leave the first one there.

Tire is a verb, so it would be like saying "it's consumed by sickly run". It isn't correct. I thought it was a car tire because care tire is a noun, so it would make more sense there. I don't know what you could do there to fix that line, but in worst case scenario, just leave it like that.
Welp, I shit you not.
Tire may also refer to:
Also, run could be a noun too as if speedrun.

"Such a good forest is on fire because of you" is much better as well, yeah.
Yeah, but I still need it somewhat close to original, though. Will "Such a forest is on fire, you motherfucking Oedipus" work? Or I can edit picture little more and squeeze in "such a good forest..." instead.

#52, yes, he's trying to one up him/her
#53, you're right, it's storm in English. Sturm is a German version. Russian one was derived from it I suppose and sounds "shtoorm", so I kinda gravitated to German one instead of double-checking it.
#54, the guys, right. And about "out of your mind" piece. I want your opinion, isn't "out of your mind" too harsh? Zuppe's supposed to use a real understatement here. Maybe you can suggest an alternative? Or "out of your mind a bit" will suffice?
#66, it was a filler strip with just a splash art of comic's title pretty much
000066-d7rsopv402.jpg
#67, you got that right, he participated in a conference of people who perform autopsies on children.
#68, yes, the eyes suppose to mumble in this one. Is using "but" instead of "and" really wrong?
#70, I'm pretty sure "inside" could be used as "inner side" which could be gentle and you could hide it. That way it would be closer to Russian text, although it's not critical actually.
#71, Alzheimer's I will change but in actual strips font is all capitals anyway so no need to capitalise the surnames.
#72, same deal.
#73, no, yohurt wasn't a pun. I just memorised the word wrong for whatever reason, thank you for this one.

It was really nice of you, you was really really helpful and clear with your posts, thank you so much! =O

I know it's not a correct way, but I'm pretty sure that's how British people use it. "me mum" = "my mom", y'know. I think that won't be much of a stretch since this strip references Monty Python's sketch a lot with "squire" and what not. But then again, if both ways are incorrect I may as well leave the first one there.
If he is supposed to have an accent that is fine, leave it the way it is.

Welp, I shit you not.
Tire may also refer to:
Also, run could be a noun too as if speedrun.
I'm going by different dictionary websites, and I can't find one that says it is a noun. If you want to leave it, it is fine, I can't think of anything that fits better.

Yeah, but I still need it somewhat close to original, though. Will "Such a forest is on fire, you motherfucking Oedipus" work? Or I can edit picture little more and squeeze in "such a good forest..." instead.
Oh right, I didn't think about the space limitations...
If you can squeeze a "good" in there, that would be great, but otherwise it is fine.

And about "out of your mind" piece. I want your opinion, isn't "out of your mind" too harsh? Zuppe's supposed to use a real understatement here. Maybe you can suggest an alternative? Or "out of your mind a bit" will suffice?
If you want to use an understatement, "out of your mind a bit" works, yeah.

yes, the eyes suppose to mumble in this one. Is using "but" instead of "and" really wrong?
"But" is usually used to add something to a previous statement that usually contradicts with it.
For example, "I like to eat, but I'm not hungry right now".
"But" works, but I think "and" would read better. You can leave it as is if you don't feel like changing it.

Anytime!

Actually my thing lately is translating English songs (mostly by Miracle Of Sound) to Russian.
Here's my first experiment of turning Russian song into English one! =O

This song is based on Russian folk couplets and is really well done. Also the video is just amazing! This is Russian stuff done right. I really wanted to share this video and this song, so I translated it! You're supposed to be able to sing along, but since I'm not still very confident in my skills, I urge you guys to try and sing it and then tell me whatever errors you find.

Here's the video:

Sumetckaya

Hey! Who is riding? Who is riding?
Who is riding - look at those!
Our skobari are riding
On a back of a lame horse

Skobari are jolly people
From the fair they're getting back
Some are stripped, and some are shoeless
Others' heads were being whacked

Play me such Skobar' amusing
Let me into gladness delve
So the pain'll go easy on the
Belly of my sinful self

Play me such amazing music
So we'd in the dance arise
And so snotty punks at random
Wouldn't jump before our eyes

Oh how I want to, how I want to
How I want to prance tonight
But to be completely honest
I just want to start a fight

Look at this little show off
Where did this guy come from?
Well he'd better not get hit
By aspen log and go home

I was going to the shindig
Dad put nickel in my hand
Mother whispered in my ear "Just
Don't get drunk, you silly head"

I was born a reckless fellow
There is nothing I hold dear
If they cut my head off shoulders
I will use a log from here

I'm getting broken, getting bent
I'd say I'm feeling bad
Better bring me pint of vodka
And all doctors will be damned

To the hell with those people
Who consider us winebags
Booze was bought for our money
No one us as beggars tags

They just punched me, they just beat me
A black eye they want to give me
Then I get my shoulder hit
So I just stand and laugh at it

I can be upset no longer
Cannot blubber anymore
Let me rollick for a moment,
Let me free myself from bore

Fair braids of my sweet darling
Freely flowed below her waist
Me and my comrade each other
For these braids in tussle faced

Oh, comrade, just look at you
Look at where you brought me to
You brought me to the forest dark
You brought me to the prison stark

We've been playing, we've been fighting
Now we have to mend our scars
Now we have to look at freedom
From behind them iron bars

Oh, the jail of Petrograd
Your staircases with the curve
Me and my comrade were singing
Spending time we have to serve

Play a tune, I'll sing a song
And bellyache won't bite as strong
Let them people judge us freely
So inmates would get along

Here we are, sorry about the wait like I mentioned.

"On a back of a lame horse"
Should be "the back", "a back" implies there are multiple backs to choose from.

"Play me such Skobar' amusing"
I don't understand this line. I'm not sure what the apostrophe is for, and "play me such amusing" isn't really correct.

"Dad put nickel in my hand"
It should be "dad put a nickel in my hand".

"Booze was bought for our money
No one us as beggars tags"
It should be "Booze was bought with our money". "No one us as beggars tags" doesn't make sense. I assume the point of the lyric is to say that they are not tagged as beggars; if this is right, it should be "no one tags us as beggars".

Other then that, it seems good. I might have missed some stuff, but songs can get away with some odd grammar to make the lyrics flow nicely.

Here we are, sorry about the wait like I mentioned.

"On a back of a lame horse"
Should be "the back", "a back" implies there are multiple backs to choose from.

"Play me such Skobar' amusing"
I don't understand this line. I'm not sure what the apostrophe is for, and "play me such amusing" isn't really correct.

"Dad put nickel in my hand"
It should be "dad put a nickel in my hand".

"Booze was bought for our money
No one us as beggars tags"
It should be "Booze was bought with our money". "No one us as beggars tags" doesn't make sense. I assume the point of the lyric is to say that they are not tagged as beggars; if this is right, it should be "no one tags us as beggars".

Other then that, it seems good. I might have missed some stuff, but songs can get away with some odd grammar to make the lyrics flow nicely.
Oh, the back I should totally get on my own, sorry about that =/
Skobar is supposed to be a type of a song it looks like. I put apostroph there to indicate soft R. Not sure if it's used that way =/
Nickel I have to work around I guess... >_>
With money - I was thinking about it. Will change.
With beggars you guessed right. I'm aware it's not the way you're supposed to do it, but AFAIK you can do some unorthodox stuff in English especially considering (as you pointed out) it is a song.

Did you like it though? =O

Skobar is supposed to be a type of a song it looks like. I put apostroph there to indicate soft R. Not sure if it's used that way =/
We don't really use apostrophes for anything other then indicating possession of something or contractions, so it shouldn't be there, yeah.

Did you like it though? =O
Yes; I don't really listen to music, but this is interesting. Very foreign, obviously, so I'm not used to listening to stuff like that.

Jous drew new strip at the long last! =O
y59Dztv-lTE.jpg
Things were bad.
- Remind me what were we doing all this time.
- We tried to recall what we were doing all this time in futile hope that we will recall everything differently all of a sudden.

We were chasing Johnny Forty Crutches.

Tried to earn Johnny Loverboy’s trust.
- Trans-1, report your status!

Were listening to Johnny The Coin’s song.

Fought Johnny The Jail.

Got Johnny The Soldier his gun. He would thank us if he could.

We even had to pay Johnny The Flight a visit.
- Why do they call him that?
- He got booked, that’s why.
- Because of you?
- No.
- Didn’t you book a Johnny once?
- ‘Twas Johnny The Table.

Around the 46th Johnny I noticed a pattern suddenly.

This city is full of Johnnies.
One Johnny led to another, second to third, and this endless flow stirred me towards madness.
It was like me and Shiznagsingerzuppe were lost in the Labyrinth which didn’t even have David Bowie in it.
And if it had they would call him Johnny Bowie.
it was terrible.

I was broken and lost like two steel balls.
The last phrase is a Russian joke from a funny story:
"A Frenchman, a Japanese, and a Russian are captured by an alien. He locks them in a cell without any items or holes and demands that they entertain him using two steel balls – the winner will be released, the others will be executed. A week later, the Frenchman demonstrates a juggling trick with the balls. The Japanese has created a rock garden. However the Russian is declared winner: he broke one ball, and lost another one."