• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

New DetMode discussion

missingno

8th Worst Valentine
Reaction score
Steam
/id/MegaMissingno
Valentine Robo Fortune Parasoul
How y'all liking the new toys? I honestly have no idea what to do with any of it, please spoonfeed me.

Is this in her tutorial? I'm gonna have to check it.

I entered Training to see if there was something new quickly yesterday, and I noticed a teleport using a Head-drone? and Flailing Arm Hazard now staggers the opponent!

I can say things wow!

I personally don't like it, it makes Robo even harder to play as than she already is but it's very strong in theory and since I don't see this getting changed it's worth it to learn to do tk j m beam 6 236 j m beam.

So far it's just very weird and hard for me to do personally but because her zoning is faster and she gets heads faster she can actually do a lot of chip in theory while maintaining not exploding and actually zoning which is what I wanted more or less.

On paper it sounds really good, but I'm concerned about how much more complicated Robo is in practice.

But all this is just an imo, I'm not expressing anything as fact so please try not to roast me.

Just to repeat, I don't like it but not because of an opinion on how strong it is, rather it's a concern on difficulty for the player as I would prefer Robo Fortune to be an approachable character able to be played by everyone and tk beaming is already a big ask holding down to not sj is also a big ask and adding that tk and then having to ad is a bigger ask and makes her much more scary as a beginner. It's okay to have a harder to play character but I've always felt SG was supposed to be an easy game but it's all a matter of opinon.

Last edited:
i think it's cool because theres that extra depth if you do wanna get into that, kinda like fortune head-off. many go entire time not even using it. The DHC potential though is sooooo cool. im sure as the process continues, other characters will have stuff just as deep without throwing things off :D I'm excited!

she'd probably be a blast in like a 2x/3x meter gain mode lol
I cant wait to see the DHC combo videos!

its really good and a lot of fun

its actually really worth spending the bar for when before it was pretty dogshit for anything but safe dhc and AC stuff

the only thing that hurts about it is no longer being able to JC jhp when it hits an armor assist like brass so you can block

its really strong, happy that her install actually gives her rush down tools if you want to go in, and ways to extend the duration of it if you aim to zone in install more. before it was not good at approaching and put robo on a time limit for zoning, it's so good now

oh edit: beams knocking down but not being able to pick up easy at full screenish is very annoying since they get to just tech forward and take space if you don't ping them with a second beam which isn't always doable / reactable for me

but it's a good trade off

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikkisoad