• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report New Patch For Second Encore On PS3/PS4 And Vita Version Details

Meow-Professor

Getting back into the swing of things
Reaction score
Steam
Meow-Professor
PSN
Meow-Professor
Filia Cerebella Squigly
A new patch has recently been released on the PS3/PS4 versions of Second Encore.
On PS3, the patch addresses another crash in the Art Gallery; on PS4, the patch addresses Challenge 7, a few trophies that could not be earned, and a few other issues.

More information on the patch including changelog and the Vita version below.[prebreak][/prebreak]

The full changelog, taken from the PS4 patch notes:
PS4 Specific Updates:
- Hopefully fixed extremely rare random severe graphical corruption bug
- The game will now pay attention to the Display Area Settings from the system. The screen size is adjustable accordingly.
- Fixed music volume setting not applying properly during cutscenes and when music loops.
- Legacy controllers can now dismiss all system messages that do not require more than "OK" input.
- Legacy controllers can no longer control the came while an OS message is displaying over the game screen.
- Two Weeks trophy is properly awarded when fulfilling the conditions.
- Surviving Challenge 7 now properly counts as clearing it.
- Fixed lots of bugs and behavior in various Challenges.
- Improved responsiveness of the Challenges menu and added sounds to it.
- Corrected a line in Valentine's story mode.
- Systems set to Spanish (Latin America) laguage setting now run the game in Spanish instead of English.

Gamplay Updates:
- Bugfix: Anytime the point charactor resets their combo, it also now grants you another assist use, even on zero-frame resets. FINALLY fixed!
- Fixed Double being able to cancel Hornet Bomber to ground supers before the grounded hit became active, and there by accidentally uncombo the ground super.
- Adjusted Robo-Fortune's in-flight voice volume.
- Corrected the VO for Robo-Fortune's L and M Danger.
- Bugfix: Robo-Fortune can now jump-cancel from j.HP after it hits another projectile. Also improved the responsiveness of jump cancelling from j.HP after it hits something.
- Bugfix: Beowulf's Canis Major Press now has a maximum backward movement speed.
- Bugfix: Beowulf's Referee Pin now correctly pins the opponent with their back to the ground. VERY IMPORTANT! :^)
- Bugfix: Valentine's poisons no longer count down time on assists while they are locked out and off screen, only while onscreen.
- Fixed a bug with Cerebella's taunt input wrongly allowing you to hold Back throughout the entire thing, instead of having to tap it in the middle.
- Tweaked the input checking on Parasoul's taunt to attempt to get it happen less often accidentally.
- Lengthened hitstun from Robo c.HK by 5f because light characters recovered while rising, allowing a 1-frame-perfect unblockable reset with Airwulf off Robo's assist.
- Updated the air-unblockable-attack-plus-ground-throw situation protection by fixing a bug with the trigger conditions, as well as lengthening the protection given by command throws/super throws ONLY, to other cover some edge cases. normal throw air protection works the same way it did before, because normal throws are techable.
- Fixed a bug where Entourages would fail to save if the second or third charactor was using a color that the player hadn't unlocked for the first character.
- Fixed Various bugs in Valentine's Tutorial.

On the topic of the PS Vita version, new details have been said about its development.
It is still being developed and is currently being optimized, as the characters are "take[ing] a big toll on the Vita's shaders". There isn't any new, final release date, but it is still being worked on.

Last edited:
Glad I can finally play the PS4 version, now that the screen scaling problem is resolved.

Looking forward to the Vita version, LZ clearly have their hands full.

there was a screen scaling problem? huh.. thought that was just my TV acting up again

There was, but it now works with the display area setting in PS4 setting. You have to restart the game for it to take effect though.

I guess when the patch finally downloads for me I'll fix the TV again. It has an auto detect option, so I just had to slightly adjust it. easy fix XD reason I thought it was my TV again was the Xbox 360 version was trimmed also when I had it in HDMI mode.

Here, since no one's posting it (and strange no one from LZ's posted it yet). It reads, as typed (unless I typo'ed):

PS4 Specific Updates:
- Hopefully fixed extremely rare random severe graphical corruption bug
- The game now pay attention to the Display Area Settings from the system. The screen size is adjustable accordingly.
- Fixed music volume setting not applying properly during cutscenes and when music loops.
- Legacy controllers can now dismiss all system messages that do not require more than "OK" input.
- Legacy controllers can no longer control the came while an OS message is displaying over the game screen.
- Two Weeks trophy is properly awarded when fulfilling the conditions.
- Surviving Challenge 7 now properly counts as clearing it.
- Fixed lots of bugs and behabior in various Challenges.
- Improved responsiveness of the Challenges menu and added sounds to it.
- Corrected a line in Valentine's story mode. (Poster's note: There was an error? o.O)
- Systems set to Spanish (Latin America) laguage setting now run the game in Spanish instead of English.

Gamplay Updates:
- Bugfix: Anytime the point charactor resets their combo, it also now grants you another assist use, even on zero-fram resets. FINALLY fixed!
- Fixed Double being able to cancel Hornet Bomber to ground supers before the grounded hit became active, and there by accidentlly uncombo the ground super.
- Adjusted Robo-Fortune's in-flight voice volume.
- Corrected the VO for Robo-Fortune's L and M Danger.
- Bugfix: Robo-Fortune can now jump-cancel from j.HP after it hits another projectile. Also improved the responsiveness of jump cancelling from j.HP after it hits something.
- Bugfix: Beowulf's Canis Major Press now has a maximum backward movement speed.
- Bugfix: Beowulf's Referee Pin now correctly pins the opponent with their back to the ground. VERY IMPORTANT! :^)
- Bugfix: Valentine's poisons no longer count down time on assists while they are locked out and off screen, only while onscreen.
- Fixed a bug with Cerebella's taunt input wrongly allowing you to hold Back throughout the entire thing, instead of having to tap it in the middle.
- Tweeked the input checking on Parasoul's taunt to attempt to get it happen less often accidentally.
- Lengthened hitstun from Robo c.HK by 5f because light characters recovered while rising, allowing a 1-frame-perfect unblockable reset with Airwulf off Robo's assist.
- Updated the air-unblockable-attack-plus-ground-throw situation protection by fixing a bug with the trigger conditions, as well as lengthening the protection given by command throws/super throws ONLY, to other cover some edge cases. normal throw air protection works the same way it did before, because normal throws are techable.
- Fixed a bug where Entourages would fail to save if the second or third charactor was using a color that the player hadn't unlocked for the first character.
- Fixed Various bugs in valentine's Tutorial.

You're welcome I spared you the wall of Pink text =p

Thanks, at the time of writing, the patch notes weren't written anywhere. I'll update the post.
Edit: There, the changelog is in the post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kit Ballard
the patch notes weren't written anywhere
They were on PS4 since it has a display patch notes feature on the dashboard. Though you'd still probably have to type it up yourself.

Thanks, at the time of writing, the patch notes weren't written anywhere. I'll update the post.
Edit: There, the changelog is in the post.
No probs. being on a cellphone connection is like being on dial up: You're stuck waiting for everything. So I had plenty of time to type it up =p

Reactions: Blisky
Now I just gotta wait for the tutorial typos to be fixed. (There's one in Robo's tutorial)

@render I remember there being some talk about trials getting updated, that didn't happen here, is that still a possibility?

Between lobbies, Vita and Indivisible I know everyone is busy, was just curious.

Thanks for the patch. Unfortunately, the patch on the PS3 had an error that wiped out the game. Re-downloaded it & the characters & ended up w/Encore (not 2nd Encore).

Tried the patch again after freeing up extra room on the PS3 by deleting stuff from online storage & the PS3 itself.

Then the system froze up & needed to be tuned off the hard way. Now I see Corrupted Data where the game used to be.
Hm, wish I could try out the new patch, but I'm not even sure how to play the game anymore.

@render I remember there being some talk about trials getting updated, that didn't happen here, is that still a possibility?

Between lobbies, Vita and Indivisible I know everyone is busy, was just curious.
I hope you don't mean "Adding more Trails"... I can't even do the current group until I get my 360 Arcade stick working for my Ps4 D=

I hope you don't mean "Adding more Trails"
Not specifically, the problem had more to do with quality, though more would be nice. Render said he didn't get to do what he wanted with them because of the release window and other stuff going on, if I recall correctly. I know Mike talked to him about the Cerebella trials specifically, so I was hoping that would get addressed at all, had hoped it would be this patch. It probably won't be addressed though because of everything else, which is completely understandable.

Delete the corrupted data and redownload all of it?
Thanks Mike. Third install of the day did it. The patch went through as well. What a relief. Never had anything like that happen before.
Odd, because this was just a relatively small bug/balance patch. 1400 MB isn't that big I guess.

Re-downloaded the characters, and everything's there except Palate #10 for Eliza/Beo/Robo (very minor thing). I forgot the code, and am not sure it'll work (worked for everyone pre-Eliza; been trying it w/each new character on local vs. screen). Now to finally play the game!

Odd, because this was just a relatively small bug/balance patch. 1400 MB isn't that big I guess.
Yes it is. :^P Unfortunately we basically have to make you redownload the entire game every time on PS3, because the PS3 patches stomp what was previously there. Haaaaaa.... :^(

Reactions: Nevins
So, basically every version of skullgirls is up to date now?

Not specifically, the problem had more to do with quality, though more would be nice. Render said he didn't get to do what he wanted with them because of the release window and other stuff going on, if I recall correctly. I know Mike talked to him about the Cerebella trials specifically, so I was hoping that would get addressed at all, had hoped it would be this patch. It probably won't be addressed though because of everything else, which is completely understandable.
Still planned. Haven't gotten to it yet. Hoping to do it by the time Vita is submitted, but if not by then, then definitely by the lobbies patch.

Now I just gotta wait for the tutorial typos to be fixed. (There's one in Robo's tutorial)

Which one are you talking about? Did you check to see if it was fixed in the latest update, or are you just assuming it wasn't because it's not mentioned in the patch notes? (FYI: We don't generally mention minor typo fixes in our patch notes...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aden
Still planned. Haven't gotten to it yet. Hoping to do it by the time Vita is submitted, but if not by then, then definitely by the lobbies patch.
That's great news, I always like these modes and was looking forward to it since it was announced.

One thing that ALWAYS bothered me about games with Trail mode is nearly all of them (cept a select few) doesn't have a "Demo" option. As in, The computer'll show you how it's done, so you can get a general idea on how the combo should look like. Take Peacock's trails: They say "Shadow of Impending Doom (H), but i dono if I should hold the button. Or i think it's Trail 3 for Cerebella, where I can't seem to understand how to convert the second j.HK into a s.LP.. they always ground bounce a second time.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see some combos from these chars that I don't know (and can't do untill I somehow get my 360 stick onto my ps4), just some kind of baffle me on the execution.

The computer'll show you how it's done, so you can get a general idea on how the combo should look like.
Namco has this trademarked. Which sucks, because yeah, it can be a useful feature.

You're shitting me? Can't believe that's Trademarkable... that's some serious horse shit...

They also hold a trademark for side games on loading screens.

You're shitting me? Can't believe that's Trademarkable... that's some serious horse shit...
Arc had to settle with them after they had it in BB, so yes, it is.

Is this game DoneTM done yet? I don't wanna get good until it's completely finished!
If you started now, you wouldn't be good by the time it WAS finished! :^P
Also yes, aside from console lobbies and other serious bugfixes it's done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't arrows that guide the player also copyrighted by Sega, and that's why you have fart gas and other things tell you where to go?

Darkstalkers Resurrection has this too
Namco would have to know what Darkstalkers is and that Resurrection exists to sue.

well i'm shocked. at least it's going along smooth. i just wish i would of pre-ordered the PS4 version even through i don't have a PS4. speaking of which can i ask how much the VITA version is going be right now? or can you guys and gals not answer that?

i think there's cross play with PS4 and PS3 with vita right?

(i think i looked that up but i could not find the answer SORRY if this was asked all ready)

It should be the same price of the PS4 version given it has everything it has and it's cross buy.

Reactions: UnholyArceus
All except PC, yep. :^P That's today once I finish fixing a thing in it.
NOW every version is up-to-date. :^)

I think it happened mid FunkyHellboy's tournament, lol. Half of us including me got so excited, and started patching and using the super shadows, then suddenly everyone panicked wondering if the tournament matches would still work between patched and un-patched people. Kinda nostalgic to see a chat filled with people freaking out and being excited about more SG updates.

Half of us including me got so excited, and started patching and using the super shadows, then suddenly everyone panicked wondering if the tournament matches would still work between patched and un-patched people.
Oh, they don't make any difference for gameplay, but if you have different updates you won't (shouldn't!) be able to play online with people that don't have your version of it.