• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

New System Mechanics You'd Like to Try

Nuuance

Level 51 Pastrymancer
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Steam
Nuuance
Squigly Eliza
Thinking earlier today, i miss the team combination attacks between partners & lore-involved characters thematically! Right now i cant think of any other mechanics that might be a nice addition, but been going back & forth about how the game could have some choreographed team attack supers or moves in the same vein. They could be uber creative & even use/repurpose moves/animations for anything. at least something to shelve for later. Obviously not everyone will have one, that's fine & is partially the point. Combinations coming to mind are:

(suggestion to get the ball rolling, off top)

parasol + umbrella: for example ping-pong opponent to each other w/both their umbrellas then umbrella puts them in bubble for para to bombard with tears. or para sets enemy on fire then umbrella uses a big puddle to splash it out. youd have 2 different finisher versions in case umbrella special dhcs to para & vice-versa. same for others.

fukua + filia
valentine + double
robo + fortune
squigly + eliza
bella + beowulf
annie + beowulf
val + painwheel
annie + parasol
squigly + filia
Eliza + cerebella
peacock + big band
val + robo

future examples (if DLC):
b.dahlia + squigly // cerebella
aeon + double // Annie
minette + fortune // umbrella
brain drain + robot // valentine // painwheel // fukua
Marie + Double // Aeon // Squigly

special trio attacks:
Annie + para + beo (or bella)
val + painwheel + fukua (or double)
etc...?

Last edited:

Chrono_Tata

When's Adam
Reaction score
Steam
Chrono_Tata
PSN
Chrono_Tata
Cerebella Painwheel Unknown
Lore-based combination supers would be cool although I feel like it would probably be a lot of work to go back to add them for existing characters lol. At the very least I'd love to see MvC2&3-style "Crosssover Combination" (aka THC) where all the characters will jump on the screen at the same time and each perform a pre-set Level 1 super.

I think this was something they wanted to do from the start but the limitations of the PS3 and the 360 versions made it not possible. Would be cool if it could be implemented now.

Although it's not directly gameplay-related, one thing I'd love to see that is somewhat related to the above is an intro animation that involves the whole team, and not just the point character (Another idea stolen from MvC3 lol. See below). It could just be generic intros or special interactions with lore-related characters. Once the intro plays, the other characters jump out of the frame leaving only the point character before the round starts.

Apart from being cool, I think it would also serve as a good display for viewers which characters are in both teams. You can see the characters in the health bar portraits of course, but they are really small. A lot of the times I am watching tournament footages, it's really hard to tell at the start of the match which team each player is using, especially with lower stream quality, and most tournament streams cut out the character select portion.

Nuuance

Level 51 Pastrymancer
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Steam
Nuuance
Squigly Eliza
An update to previous post. playing earlier & later on it'd be sick to get custom intros. Voice work im not looking to see in any way since i know that's a bigger undertaking although i would loveeeee it & it'd really round out things lorewise, but even reusing lines that might apply could work. Like robo vs fortune, dodging beams & missiles running around, throwing her head at her & robo doing the new dizzy animation for install increase lol. can be as funny for some, epic for others or even have a couple interactions per character. more of a feature tbh thinking about it, ill add later, but felt like it went here since it was related

[previous post]
Nice idea :) crossed my mind but thought maybe I was overthinking. glad you mentioned, Agreed. And for sure. whatevers new will take time so I wanted to get the discussion rolling so when/if there can be new features solely apart from DLC Characters.. Happy to pay, happy to wait either way. Speaking of the marvel thing Forgot about this. Damage wouldn’t be nearly as ridiculous but being able to do that feels powerful. wonder how a scaled down version looks

edit: or spending meter for a special EX tag like Tekken combinations

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrono_Tata

Golbat

Reaction score
Steam
golbat
Filia Ms. Fortune Parasoul
An update to previous post. playing earlier & later on it'd be sick to get custom intros.
I can live with custom intros since they aren't skippable in Skullgirls, and honestly I'd probably get more out of those than cast-wide taunts.

Holy Goose

Science Shark Supporter
Reaction score
Steam
eestifisher
Unknown Unknown Unknown
Thinking earlier today, i miss the team combination attacks between partners & lore-involved characters thematically!
Sounds like a nice idea, at least in theory.

future examples (if DLC):
b.dahlia + squigly // cerebella
aeon + double // Annie
minette + fortune // umbrella
brain drain + robot // valentine // painwheel // fukua
Marie + Double // Aeon // Squigly
I'd like to add something.

Parasoul + any of the Egrets
Umbrella + Adam (similar to her unused concepts)
Annie + D. Violet
Big Band + Panzerfaust
Peacock + Stanley (or, basically, anyone from Lab 8 + someone else from Lab 8)
And the honourable mention goes to Peacock + Leduc + Hive (them joining their forces to play a prank, for example).

Kind of makes sense for them to have such techniques story-wise.

And I like the idea of custom intros. Well, it's not the most important thing to implement, but it would be nice to have in the game.
It adds a lot of personality.

A lot of the times I am watching tournament footages, it's really hard to tell at the start of the match which team each player is using, especially with lower stream quality, and most tournament streams cut out the character select portion.
I fully support that. I struggle with this issue frequently while watching.
SGM is way easier in that regard.

BellaFeng4Ever

Reaction score
Steam
BellaFeng4Ever
Cerebella Unknown
Custom intros and character relationship based supers would be nice to add to Skullgirls. Like Nuuance said, I would like to see these types of supers, team combination-wise, based on some of these characters.

Fortune + Minette
Aeon + Double
Bella + Feng
Beo + Bella
B. Dahlia + Squigly
Brain Drain + Robo-Fortune
Filia + Fukua
Parasoul + Umbrella
Parasoul + Annie
Beo + Annie
Peacock + Marie

Reactions: Holy Goose