• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

New Umbrella palettes discussion

GalactaKiller

Galacta K.
Reaction score
Steam
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Galactakiller
Painwheel Unknown Valentine
I dunno if I'm in the right part (or if it'll be seen), but the update added these 15 palettes. Of course, the wikia isn't updated, so I decided to do so, but I (with a friend) couldn't find more than the ones checked in ! EDIT : The file didn't seem to upload, so here

SO, if you know what are they (with references, for avoiding trolls), go for it !
The ones we already have are : Gazlene, Amy Rose (might have failed its placement with the one on its right, but heh-), Skull Heart, Hsien-ko, Roll, Iris and Neapolitan

My immediate though upon seeing this palette was "Bob the Builder", but I'm not so sure:
Bob Maybe.png

I think this one is Chihiro (the protagonist of Spirited Away) with Hungern as Haku (in dragon form):
Spirited Away.png

Spirited Away 2.png

Edit: Included a reference image of Chihiro & Haku.

Last edited:
Any other confirmed original colors?

The list:
  1. Default colors
  2. Original colors
  3. Santa Claus and Christmas tree
  4. Ulala and Red Morolian (Space Channel 5 series)
  5. Original colors
  6. Original colors
  7. Parasoul and Krieg (Skullgirls)
  8. May and Mr. Dolphin (Guilty Gear series)
  9. Beowulf and Grendel
  10. Princess Peach and her parasol (Super Mario series)
  11. Moana and Heihei (Moana)
  12. Ash Ketchum and Pikachu (Pokémon series)
  13. Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen in frog form (The Princess and the Frog)
  14. Hat Kid and umbrella (A Hat in Time)
  15. Original colors
  16. Gazlene "Gaz" Membrane and GIR in green "mongoose-dog" suit (Invader Zim)
  17. Amy Rose and Piko Piko Hammer (Sonic the Hedgehog series)
  18. ???
  19. Original colors
  20. Original colors
  21. Original colors
  22. Chihiro and Haku in dragon form (Spirited Away)
  23. Hsien-ko and ??? (Darkstalkers series)
  24. ???
  25. Lucca and Robo (Chrono series)
  26. Roll and Rush (Megaman series)
  27. Original colors
  28. Iris and Axew (Pokémon Black and White)
  29. Neapolitan and Hush (the parasol weapon) (RWBY)
I think the wiki has #17 and #18 mixed up
Um15.jpg

Um23.jpg
Nailed the Spirited Away reference on #22, tristePinguino. If #24 had brown shoes I might see the Bob the Builder angle, but I think it might be something else.

It is crazy how these palettes seem so maddeningly familiar but unknown yet once someone says the right suggestion, it is like "of course it's that!"

Reactions: tristePinguino
I think the wiki has #17 and #18 mixed up
Oh, it's possible I mixed that up yea ! It was early when i started working on it, so there's a possibility

Also, about the "confirmed original colors" ... the 15th one really gives me Scanty vibes ... but maybe it's OC, but with a chili pepper in thought ? I mean, the 21th is DEFINITELY the Skull Heart, who's OC in a way !

And for those who were found by tristePinguino : I dunno Spirited Away so I can't confirm. As for Bob the Builder ... same actually, I can't confirm ^^"

Also, the compilation you made is quite pretty, and might be used for now on the wikia, nah ?

Last edited:
Reactions: tristePinguino
Also, about the "confirmed original colors" ... the 15th one really gives me Scanty vibes ... but maybe it's OC, but with a chili pepper in thought ? I mean, the 21th is DEFINITELY the Skull Heart, who's OC in a way !
Yeah, when her original set of palettes came out, another dev also said that Palette 3 doesn't have any particular reference, even though it is obviously meant to be a Christmas palette. I think in their criteria, "original" just means it doesn't reference any particular character from another franchise.

Any other confirmed original colors?
For the new set, that should be it, unless the dev themselves forgot something lol.

I've been doing some thinking, and I think I have an idea on what palette 24 could be!

I think that its Diego (Umbrella) and Dora (Hungern) from the classic children's show Dora the Explorer.

I could be wrong, but the color of Hungern and the way they use orange on Umby's raincoat is just too specific, at least to me.

But yeah, I'm fairly certain this could be it!

Attachments

• Skullgirls Encore 3_23_2022 9_01_34 PM (2).png
    Skullgirls Encore 3_23_2022 9_01_34 PM (2).png
    313.3 KB · Views: 190
  • MV5BMjAyMTUzODMwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA1NzM2MjE@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMjAyMTUzODMwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA1NzM2MjE@._V1_.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 179
I've been doing some thinking, and I think I have an idea on what palette 24 could be!

I think that its Diego (Umbrella) and Dora (Hungern) from the classic children's show Dora the Explorer.
I mean, it's possible, but we should need to find a screenshot/pic of Diego with the exact same color palette then
Cause except of the skin color and ahir, there's nothing really alike ...