• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Night Phyre's Easy-Mode Combo Flowchart (for Parasoul)!

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band
Updated June 8th, 2014

parachart1.png

Obviously, no youtube link yet. Soon. Almost done.

IKizYvK.png

This is easy-mode, people. Like my Cerebella flowchart, I tried to get a series of damaging, decent combos that also weren't that hard, so as to give some bnbs to the new players. For example, you'll notice there are no links in these combos. Easy-mode.

Oh, and this doesn't work on Double :(

I don't get this thing at all

Aside from not understanding it, it's uh, just a more confusing way to type down a standard combo aight?
I don't really see an advantage of this over using normal notation

I don't get this thing at all

If people hadn't previously told me that this had helped them, I wouldn't have bothered reposting it here. Different strokes, man. Visual learners, etc, etc.

I don't really see an advantage of this over using normal notation

It visually lays outs combo paths, helping one to understand variations on how her combo movement works. Hopefully.

saw this on reddit before and i wanted to ask, what's up with the stuff after the first mp napalm shot? it's kinda confusing. the dashed lines are the ones that take up more meter, but after the second mp napalm shot, what are your options? not really sure how i'm supposed to look at it.

It's a tool to give beginners. Something easier than a string of characters that they may not understand. The combo isn't optimal but it's something to give people who don't know anything. I think now that this site is back they should be updated to say "go to sh.com for more info on better combos" or something to that effect.

saw this on reddit before and i wanted to ask, what's up with the stuff after the first mp napalm shot? it's kinda confusing. the dashed lines are the ones that take up more meter, but after the second mp napalm shot, what are your options? not really sure how i'm supposed to look at it.

After the first napalm shot, you can go into sniper shot or lv3 super. The dashed lines are the lv3 option, and can be taken wherever you see dotted lines. After the second napalm shot, you can go into lv3, if you wish, or back into lv1 (sniper shot) which should crumple, followed by a cr.HK that registers because the 2nd MP shot picks them up again.

I think now that this site is back they should be updated to say "go to sh.com for more info on better combos" or something to that effect.

Good idea.

On the first chain, if you swap c.mk with c.mp, on the novice route you can bait IPS burst after Silent Scope (Napalm shot pickup), doing a safe c.mp again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
As a complete and total beginner I have to say these flowcharts stick in my head much better than a string of characters, even though I understand the notation. So these are working for your target audience. Thank you.

Thank you for this :D I've recently tried to start learning Parasoul and after building up the muscle memory for Filia and Fortune combos it's been tough for me to play her, especially with her being a charge character.

Can this just be the Parasoul combo thread?
Parasoul Corner Combo: It does like 6.7...

S.LP, S.MP, S.HPx2, LP Napalm Shot, S.LK, S.MK, LP Napalm Shot, J.HP, S.HPx2, LP Napalm Shot, S.LP, S.MKx2, S.HK, MK Toss, J.LK, J.MP, land, J.LP, J.LK, J.MP, Land, J.MK, J.HK, S.MP S.HPx2, Napalm Quake, Bikes.

Midscreen I'm working on....

S.LP, S.MP, S.HPx2, LP Napalm Shot, S.LP, S.MP, B.HK, dash, C.HP, J.MK, J.HP, LK Toss, J.HK than I'm trying to see whats good after that.

I agree with this being the combo thread. Anyways, my personal mid-screen with the help of the flow chart :D

j.HP, cr.LK, cr.MK, cr.HP, j.LP, j.LK, j.MK, j.HP, cr.MK, cr.HP, j.MP, j.HP, j.HK, s.LP(2), s.MP, s.HP(2) xx LP Shot, s.LK(2), s.MP, s.HP(2) xx MP Shot xx Sniper, cr.HK xx LK Toss.

Does 7020 damage and is fairly easy to do. Of course a few notes: 1) Works on Filia so far (haven't tested anyone else yet) 2) The LK Toss at the end doesn't combo, but it does create a nice environment for mixups and the like.

I really dig these charts. I found the Cerebella one, it's a pretty cool way to sort them. I especially like the idea of a flowchart to show possible resets in efficient combos.

I think this is a really great chart, and a novel idea to learn combos. If there's one for Parasoul and one for Cerebella, is there one for Filia too? :)

Too hard.
j.HP vs slow characters
Napalm Pillar vs fast characters
Egret Drive vs Peacock

Too hard.
j.HP vs slow characters
Napalm Pillar vs fast characters
Egret Drive vs Peacock
Too hard? In regards to what?

I godda say though, I love the art on that flow chart. I've been using the first 6 moves, not including the jump-in, as my combo. It does like 4.5K if everything hits. Not the best combo but it's better than me just poking people to death or abusing napalm shot. P.s. one thing that a flowchart holds over text based combo posts is, you can put all of it on one chart instead of having 5 or 6 text combos. sure it's harder to do it this way but it looks nice.

Last edited:
Tried the advanced section of the chart and after Silent Scope -> Dash the c.LK triggers IPS. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the chart is wrong.

Tried the advanced section of the chart and after Silent Scope -> Dash the c.LK triggers IPS. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the chart is wrong.
Well, I do this combo like... every day. I'm pretty sure you're making an input mistake, somewhere. If done properly, you shouldn't have done a grounded LK before that step, which means no IPS trigger.

Well, I do this combo like... every day. I'm pretty sure you're making an input mistake, somewhere. If done properly, you shouldn't have done a grounded LK before that step, which means no IPS trigger.

Yeah I derped. After the restand I was using s.LK instead of s.LP. The combo still works. :P

What is with the novice combo the timing on j.mp ,j.hp , j.hk it feels very werid I don't know if it's the arc of the Jump or as soon as you jump I can't land it consistently.

What is with the novice combo the timing on j.mp ,j.hp , j.hk it feels very werid I don't know if it's the arc of the Jump or as soon as you jump I can't land it consistently.
It's actually not that strict, because in the novice path can use up your OTG on that restand. I just go for the j.MP immediately after jumping, and then j.HP and j.HK follow afterwards with no delay.

mash on j.mp as fast as you can. You'll generally hit with the j.mp as you reach the peak of your jump. then hit HP and then start mashing HK.

Back when I was choosing a second character, the Bella flowchart was the entire reason I picked her over Parasoul.

I've been thinking about picking up Parasoul to fill up my team, and this appears.

I love you, man. Thank you SOOOOOOO much. Next time I get a free weekend, it'll be time to learn me some Para.

After trying this for a few days, any tips on the special -> super cancel? When I try this combo, the super almost never comes out.

have your inputs turned on in training mode, it sounds like you're not putting the motion in cleanly. the cancel timing is pretty generous.

After trying this for a few days, any tips on the special -> super cancel? When I try this combo, the super almost never comes out.
I have a different method like you I had problems with it. I could easily do it by itself but canceling after the ball was a bit werid. so I suggest practicing in this manor. First practice Napalm Shot and then supering right after. It combos to 2 after you can do this pretty reliably move on it s.lp, s.lp, s.mp, s.hp, s.hp start holding back from the first input. Trying doing the series of inputs and after the last s.hp add a h.napom shot. then try getting that pretty consistent then from there toss on the super. This gives you the feel. After you kind of understand that toss on a entire combo infront of it gg.

I tried to get this down in size/complexity, and only having 240 undizzy made that easier. Here's the new chart, I'll make a video for it in the upcoming days.

parav2.png

I can understand both charts completely, except the small numbers ( 9.1k, 6.6, 6.0, etc.)

The first chart helped me learn Parasoul's BnB.........I just don't know when to cancel the Mp Napalm Shot into her level 1 super. =X

I'm having trouble figuring out how to cancel the mp napalm shot into the supers. Can anybody offer some advice on this? Is there some sort of trick here? After the ball comes out, I do the super input but it never comes out.

Anybody have a video or something to help me get the timing down/figure out what I'm doing wrong here?

I'm having trouble figuring out how to cancel the mp napalm shot into the supers. Can anybody offer some advice on this? Is there some sort of trick here? After the ball comes out, I do the super input but it never comes out.

Anybody have a video or something to help me get the timing down/figure out what I'm doing wrong here?

For me I was mashing the input too quickly, if this was your problem just slow down and after you press Mp ONCE smoothly rotate the qcf motion and hit 2 xPP. Whenever I play I get nervous and just mash out my combos, but I find just chilling out and practicing fireball motions consistently in the training stage was a lot of help.

Last edited:
I really can't figure out what's wrong. When I slow down, I can get the super to come out but it doesn't link with the hit from the tear. I try doing the input right as the tear hits and it just doesn't come out at all. I can cancel the napalm pillar into the silent scope nearly every time so I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble with this one. I'm really starting to get frustrated!

Doing it as the tear hits is too late.

do charge back -> forward MP -> IMMEDIATE BUT SMOOTH QCF + PP.

Doing it as the tear hits is too late.

do charge back -> forward MP -> IMMEDIATE BUT SMOOTH QCF + PP.

this is exactly what i needed, i can do this now. thank you!

I FINALLY updated the chart in the top post to the new (easier-to-do and easier-to-read) version, and I'll record a video of it soon enough. Let me know if there are any errors or typos, as this will be the final version.