• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Nippon Ichi Software General

This thread been dead for way too long! And I don't wanna bother making another! Time to revive!

DISGAEA 5! It's comin westward!

You can also check out their website http://disgaea.jp/5/
Which has a list of most of the revealed units and cahracters! It might all be in Japanese, but it's pretty easy to infer most of the changes and take in all the awesomeness from the many videos they got!

Reactions: No longer exist
Soon it will be time to start grind to become OP once again. Looking forward to it. For now, looking forward to Awakened Fate Ultimatum this month.

I never played Paradox, so Ultimatum holds no interest for me, honestly.

Disgaea 5 week 1 sales

[PS4] Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (NIS, 03/26/15) – 22,725

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/media-create-sales-32315-32915

Considering the tough competition that week [Bloodborne, SAO, One Piece, Senrans, etc] and how it was limited as a PS4 exclusive I'm not surprise it turned out that low. Hopefully the foreign sales pick up the slack.

I do hope it picks up. Does it have a release date yet? I haven't checked in awhile. I need to preorder it when I can...

Disgaea 5 week 1 sales

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/media-create-sales-32315-32915

Considering the tough competition that week [Bloodborne, SAO, One Piece, Senrans, etc] and how it was limited as a PS4 exclusive I'm not surprise it turned out that low. Hopefully the foreign sales pick up the slack.

Still kinda sad that it got the lowest launch sales compared to it's predecessors.

Yeah...if it was available on PS3 and/or Vita as well [both have larger install bases in Japan] and NIS didn't decide to release the game on that tough week it would have likely not have been that much of a drop compared to predecessors.

Maybe PC will eventually catch up to D5 a few years from now.

Wow i just found out about this myself. And i am actually pretty happy about this. Now i can actually play this with a mouse which is insanely cool!

Reactions: No longer exist
All of my Hype...When's Soul Nomad? Q_Q

Soul Nomad! I really like that game and have been waiting for a remaster/rerelease ever since or maybe even a sequel! Sadly it seems to be one of the lesser known NIS games or maybe people who were expecting some Disgaea-like story were put off with how serious it was. Still it was highly enjoyable and personally I really liked the serious tone. The combat system was unique for its time I think? It's something like an old-school Last Remnant or such. This game needs more love!~ Also Gig and stupid cow!

Soul Nomad! I really like that game and have been waiting for a remaster/rerelease ever since or maybe even a sequel! Sadly it seems to be one of the lesser known NIS games or maybe people who were expecting some Disgaea-like story were put off with how serious it was. Still it was highly enjoyable and personally I really liked the serious tone. The combat system was unique for its time I think? It's something like an old-school Last Remnant or such. This game needs more love!~ Also Gig and stupid cow!

With how often they mention Gig in Disgaea I'm still surprised they haven't tried to make a full fledged sequel, even for handhelds, yet. Its a shame because it's tough to find games that are similar to that style. You basically only have Soul Nomad and Ogre Battle 64 to turn to in that regard (unless i'm missing something, in which case i would be happy to be corrected!)

With how often they mention Gig in Disgaea I'm still surprised they haven't tried to make a full fledged sequel, even for handhelds, yet. Its a shame because it's tough to find games that are similar to that style. You basically only have Soul Nomad and Ogre Battle 64 to turn to in that regard (unless i'm missing something, in which case i would be happy to be corrected!)

Actually there is one that I can think of. Ever heard of Yggdra Union? I haven't had the chance to play it though, but from the looks of it, I'd say it has comparable gameplay.

Reactions: josshu
Anyone play the Prinny games?
I really wanted to try out the sequel after getting half way through the first.

Anyone play the Prinny games?
I really wanted to try out the sequel after getting half way through the first.
I played both of them and still have them somewhere. They were good yet challenging.