• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Nov 1, 2014] Game Underground Monthlies (Framingham, MA)

I was shocked that it was on a Monday

Well for the time being I updated the first post with the actual date.

I will probably go, but probably won't enter for obvious reasons.

Jamie (owner of GU) said on Facebook he has some sort of surprise for this tournament. The only clue we get is that the surprise is NOT the date of GUTS 3.

Jamie (owner of GU) said on Facebook he has some sort of surprise for this tournament. The only clue we get is that the surprise is NOT the date of GUTS 3.
My first guess was that there's going to be a test setup for Ultra SFIV, and then I realized the extreme unlikeliness of that haha

The surprise is that we get double digit entrants to skullgirls.
Considering I was just at a major that barely broke double digits I'm not getting my hopes up ;-;

The secret is that we're all actually dead and just living out our lives as restless spirits of dead aliens from another universe.

The secret is that we're all actually dead and just living out our lives as restless spirits of dead aliens from another universe.
Wait, that's supposed to be a secret?

Due to Valentine's Day weekend, this one is iffy for me.

Due to Valentine's Day weekend, this one is iffy for me.
Actually had no idea that was this weekend, heh.

Added the Facebook event page to the OP although there's not really a lot there right now :x

So I figure I may as well ask, does anyone have any objections to running this tournament on the beta? If even one person has a problem with it I won't do it, but this is the last local tournament before SCR and I wanna get as much practice in with Big Band before then.

So I figure I may as well ask, does anyone have any objections to running this tournament on the beta? If even one person has a problem with it I won't do it, but this is the last local tournament before SCR and I wanna get as much practice in with Big Band before then.
I wanna say no because I don't like fighting him. Buuuut I don't think I will really object.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
I thought I was going to be able to make this one, but my ride just told me he couldn't drive this weekend. Maybe next time... :(

I thought I was going to be able to make this one, but my ride just told me he couldn't drive this weekend. Maybe next time... :(
Too bad. Hope you come out sometime soon!

Story of my life.

Blizzard warning for tomorrow afternoon/night. Looking like I'm probably not going to even have the option of going unless we get a hotel, and I don't even want to stay overnight even if it was free. Fuck mother nature, if she were real I'd stab her to death.

Unless the forecast changes tomorrow morning, I'm out for tomorrow. Sucks since I always love going to these monthlies.

Sux but yeah I understand. There's some pretty serious shit on the way so use your best judgment in deciding whether or not you wanna drive tomorrow. Stay safe everyone.

Final verdict is that the RI crew isn't going today. I really wanted to at least be in the background of that documentary too... :/

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Final verdict is that the RI crew isn't going today. I really wanted to at least be in the background of that documentary too... :/

Same here, I was trying my best to get there for that. Not for you guys, obviously.

1pm Injustice $10
1pm Skullgirls $10
1pm KOF $10
2pm Super Street Fighter IV AE $10
4pm Killer Instinct $10
5pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 $10

If a tournament has less than 8 players it will be run round robin style. 2nd place gets their money back, 1st gets the rest. <---- This part's new, read this

$5 Venue Fee

1st 70% of entrance fees cash
2nd 20% of entrance fees cash
3rd 10% of entrance fees cash

https://www.facebook.com/events/616920291715402/

Stream: www.twitch.tv/mcpeanuts

Feels like years since I've been to a monthly. Since it's so far in advance hopefully we can get a bigger turnout than usual!

Reactions: User and mcpeanuts
Would you rather have this tournament on retail or on beta? I leave it up to you, the true Skullfans.

I vote Beta, I wanna see some of that Big Band!

I guess I should probably vote for beta, seeing as I want to play the beta.

Just trying to get a feel for what to expect...are there other setups beside the one that'll be used for the tournament/stream? I don't plan on playing in the tournament, since I don't think it'd be very entertaining for you guys or for the people on stream, but I'm down to play casuals and what not or just spectate.

That being said, I can bring a PS3 if need be or anything like that, let me know what you guys think.

Just trying to get a feel for what to expect...are there other setups beside the one that'll be used for the tournament/stream? I don't plan on playing in the tournament, since I don't think it'd be very entertaining for you guys or for the people on stream, but I'm down to play casuals and what not or just spectate.

That being said, I can bring a PS3 if need be or anything like that, let me know what you guys think.
We don't usually bring a second setup if only because there's basically no room. During tournaments the venue is packed like wall to wall. If all you wanna do is play casuals though we will have the tournament setup there all day after the end of the tournament for casuals.

We don't usually bring a second setup if only because there's basically no room. During tournaments the venue is packed like wall to wall. If all you wanna do is play casuals though we will have the tournament setup there all day after the end of the tournament for casuals.

Ahh that's good to know, glad I asked. Will a PS3 stick work on the tourney setup? I can get my hands on an Xbox stick if not, just need to know ahead of time.

Ahh that's good to know, glad I asked. Will a PS3 stick work on the tourney setup? I can get my hands on an Xbox stick if not, just need to know ahead of time.
I wanna say my computer has recognized every PS3 controller I've plugged in to it... eventually. Sometimes there's some futzing around with drivers that needs to be done first. I would say just bring your stick, if it doesn't work there will be hella sticks there, you don't even know. Sticks for days.

e: Actually now that I'm thinking about it that's not true, Outlaw Spike's bizarre contraption didn't work on my computer. But I mean that thing was crazy, I'm surprised it works on anything.

Ok next question for you guys, should Fukua be legal for this tournament

Sticks on sticks on sticks, sounds good I'll bring mine and see what happens

Hahahahaa noooooooooo
Fukua solo side tounrament?