• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Nov 1, 2014] Game Underground Monthlies (Framingham, MA)

mcpeanuts

Anchor Peacock is the future
Reaction score
Steam
may_contain_peanuts
Double Big Band Peacock
12pm Mortal Kombat 9 $5
1pm Injustice $10
2pm Skullgirls $10
3pm Super Street Fighter IV AE $10
5pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 $10

$5 Venue Fee Covers All Games

All games
1st 70% of entrance fees cash
2nd 20% of entrance fees cash
3rd 10% of entrance fees cash

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/556370624399800/

We may be streaming this; if so it would be streamed at www.twitch.tv/mcpeanuts

Last edited:
Not 100% sure, but yeah, I'll probably be there.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
question is there a way to get to gaming underground by train and bus

If I recall correctly there is a bus stop near the venue. I'll look into this and let you know.

@5th of dismember

I asked about public transportation. Apparently the best way is to take the commuter rail to Framingham station, and from there to take the bus to the stop and shop temple st stop. They recommend checking the train and bus schedules to coordinate between the train and bus.

I (or someone else) could possibly pick you up at the train station in Framingham if need be. It appears to only be 9 minutes from GU

Anyone near Connecticut that wants to commute? I got someone there who's looking to travel with someone.

Anyone near Connecticut that wants to commute? I got someone there who's looking to travel with someone.
What part of Connecticut?

Hold on. I'm the second middle man.
Haha. Maybe it would be easier if the Connecticut Skullgirls player in question had an account here.

Anyways just to save some time here. My idea was that The Metal Face said he might be going, and if so he may be able to pick this dude up on the way, since he's from Connecticut.

Haha. Maybe it would be easier if the Connecticut Skullgirls player in question had an account here.
That sounds like it'd just take all the fun out of this

Reactions: Uzumakihero
I'm in Southern MA, so I need to get my ass to GU sometime... if anyone from the Fall River, New Bedford area is going sometime, feel free to let me know.

I'm in Southern MA, so I need to get my ass to GU sometime... if anyone from the Fall River, New Bedford area is going sometime, feel free to let me know.
I drive through Fall River on my way up to GU every Friday, not sure if I'd be going near you though. I go up Rt 24 from Portsmouth, then take 195 west to Providence. New Bedford is down 195 east from Fall River though, so it might be kind of out of the way D:

I always want to go to this, than the whole 7 hour drive things rears its ugly head...
I'll make it out to this one of these days fuuuck.

I always want to go to this, than the whole 7 hour drive things rears its ugly head...
I'll make it out to this one of these days fuuuck.
Dude, that would be so fucking sick if you made it out to GU for ANYTHING.

Im definitely finna go to Guts. I'll see whats good.
Niiiiiiiiiiice. A date for GUTS 3 hasn't been announced yet but I'll definitely have a thread up when it is.

I recognize you. I think I've seen a couple of vids of you talking about Skullgirls and your local scene.

I recognize you. I think I've seen a couple of vids of you talking about Skullgirls and your local scene.

Cool man. I'll definitely be doing more Skullgirls videos in the future... I've just been busy.

Hey, @Pandamanana you never replied to me earlier, where are you located? You mentioned the Fall River/New Bedford area but what town specifically? It may end up being pretty much on my way to GU

Hey, @Pandamanana you never replied to me earlier, where are you located? You mentioned the Fall River/New Bedford area but what town specifically? It may end up being pretty much on my way to GU

My bad. I'm in Westport, which is right between Fall River and New Bedford. If I end up going to GU I can technically be anywhere you'd want me to be, within reasonable limits.

My bad. I'm in Westport, which is right between Fall River and New Bedford. If I end up going to GU I can technically be anywhere you'd want me to be, within reasonable limits.
What's the closest you can get to Fall River? If you want to go to the tournament tomorrow I can more than likely pick you up around 10:30 am or so. I'm going to have one other guy with me (who apparently hasn't remade his skullheart account) and we'll be picking @Zidiane up afterwards, so I'l have a mostly full car haha.

EDIT: When you read this add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ickybonez/

Last edited:
It was a fucking blast. GIANT shout outs to Jamie from GU, McPeanuts, Zid for winning and Icky for driving me there on such short notice. I was really glad to meet all you guys and get my ass whopped :)

http://www.twitch.tv/mcpeanuts/b/463987542

Here's a link to the longest stretch of uninterrupted casuals footage btw.

Last edited:
Man, I haven't had that much fun in a while! I deff had a blast there, and I am happy that I got to meet you all. You guys are fun and entertaining.

Hey guys. Would any of you come next week (saturday) to play with me? I'm probably going because there's a smash event but I can bring a pc set up to play if anyone is bored enough to come.

Hey guys. Would any of you come next week (saturday) to play with me? I'm probably going because there's a smash event but I can bring a pc set up to play if anyone is bored enough to come.
Hm, I dunno man. That's a long way to drive to play casuals.

Yeah I feel you. But if anyone is bored and close by we can play ^_^ I don't expect anyone to drive out of their way if they don't feel like it.

Yeah I feel you. But if anyone is bored and close by we can play ^_^ I don't expect anyone to drive out of their way if they don't feel like it.
Well, where is it exactly?

EDIT: Okay it just occurred to me that this Smash thing could be at Game Underground, which would explain why you're posting about it in this thread. I have solved the mystery. If that's the case I could def come on down, I only live like 15 minutes away.

Last edited:
Awesome! and yeah its at game underground.

GU is like an hour drive for me... so I'm going to opt out, but I'm totally down to support the MA scene more often.

Actually @dekillsage I had a thought. What if you came up to Mass a day early? If you came Friday night you could meet the whole gang and play on our stream.

I would if I was the one driving :( Person who's taking me is only interested in going on Saturday

I would if I was the one driving :( Person who's taking me is only interested in going on Saturday
Ah, ok. I'll see you Saturday then.

https://www.facebook.com/events/628012710554693/

TOP 3 Players in SF will move on to the 8 man bracket to win an XBOX ONE Sat Nov 23rd!

12pm Mortal Kombat 9 $5
1pm Injustice $10
2pm Skullgirls $10
2pm KOF $10
3pm Super Street Fighter IV AE $10
5pm Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 $10

$10 Venue Fee Covers All Games

All games
1st 70% of entrance fees cash
2nd 20% of entrance fees cash
3rd 10% of entrance fees cash

We are hosting 3 Street Fighter IV qualifier tournaments that will end in a 8 player double elimination tournament Sat November 23rd and the winner will get a brand new XBOX ONE.

Qualifiers
Sat October 19th: Rock and Shock Convention in Worcester first and second place get spots in the 8 man.

Sat November 2nd: Game Underground Monthly Tournament. Top 3 SF qualify.

Sat November 23: Game Underground Top 8 Finals Day. We will host a second day of fighting game tournaments. Top 3 SF qualify. At the end of the day we will run a separate 8 man double elimination tournament winner gets a XBOX ONE!

We will also have PS4s and XBOX One systems to play all day included in your venue fee! Its a next gen launch party!!! It will also be our first Killer Instinct Tournament.

The two events at GU will also have the usual 70/20/10% cash prizes for the tournaments with a $10 venue fee and $10 tournament fee.

Rock and Shock is $20 one day venue fee with FREE TOURNAMENTS. Prizes TBA!

3 players will qualify for our 8 man bracket to win an XBOX ONE on November 23! Plus Fighting Game Tournaments!

Last edited:
Reactions: Icky