• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Nov 11, 2016] GUTS 4 New England's 3 Day Video Game Event at Foxwoods (Mashantucket, CT)

On my way to the airport now. See you guys in the afternoon!

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Guys Greg is going to be the dark horse of this tournament I can feel it.

Just had a spot open up in my room if anyone still needs a room.

What are we doing on Friday? Do we have to wait until 6 PM before we can play casuals?

I'll be bringing my setup and I'm sure the hall will be open to casuals well before 6 PM. Shouldn't be a problem.

Guys Greg is going to be the dark horse of this tournament I can feel it.

feeling g r e g n a n t

Reactions: keninblack
Been a long time since we had a real major in the northeast. Very excited to see everyone again and have that old school feel <3

We should be there in a few hours in the early afternooon

Yo, sorry if this was already stated in the thread somewhere but i think i missed it.

Does anyone know when, and what stream will Skullgirls be on?

Yo, sorry if this was already stated in the thread somewhere but i think i missed it.

Does anyone know when, and what stream will Skullgirls be on?
saturday at 5pm on twitch.tv/kpblive and sunday at tba on twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Reactions: KaboomKid and Icky
Gonna be rolling in tomorrow morning with sharpie.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'm at the venue right now, but I haven't seen anyone. I'll be in the cafeteria drawing and sketching for a couple of hours before going back to my hotel.

SG is Saturday and Sunday so no official streams tonight.

The brackets are wrong. SonicFox won 1st place again, not dekillsage. cloudking got 3rd.
I didn't run brackets for top 8 and I guess the person who did marked Sage as the winner <______________< should be all set now

This is like two weeks late but GUTS was a great tournament and everyone should go next year.

Shoutouts to Dunkin Donuts right outside the venue, east coast diner Fish and Chips, and a lobster I paid $87 for.

Major shoutouts to @Tommer who sneezed and my mouth and is probably holistically responsible for why I am sick and working from home right now.

Now that I'm back in America I am curious what everyone thought of the event, if things didn't work or things you'd like to be different at GUTS 5, etc. Doesn't specifically have to be about Skullgirls, if there was an issue you had with one of the other games I can pass that along to the organizers too. Thank you.

The event overall was nice. Not much to complain about, in regards to SG.

As for Pokken, if they do host it again (which I hope they do, since 6th most entrants when not counting doubles), it would make things go smoother if they did the console checking/pairing/etc on Saturday, or sometime before the day of the tournament. Luckily some of us had our own consoles, and things still ran smoothly enough, but I'd at least suggest that change for next time. Also send my thanks, as a part of the Pokken Community, that they gave us a dedicated stream for pools and top 8 and gave the game a chance in general.