• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NYC SG Thread! Representing the Mahvel capital of the USA

oh yeah, SKD mentioned this in the Dustloop thread:
One thing i'd like to do is set up some of the less popular games on a rotating schedule, and also have a "super" TSB that runs 5/6 games (so, the usual plus the games on the rotating schedule) instead of the usual 4, but only do that like every 4 months or so. Still figuring out semantics, but all that stuff should be up in the January thread.
not_dead.jpg

Not sure if I want to make it out to TSB this month, I only play Ultimax for fun, I suck at CP, and haven't played a GG game since X2 reloaded. Still, I might be up to coming just to learn Xrd for shits and giggles and maybe play some casual persona.

Not sure if I want to make it out to TSB this month, I only play Ultimax for fun, I suck at CP, and haven't played a GG game since X2 reloaded. Still, I might be up to coming just to learn Xrd for shits and giggles and maybe play some casual persona.
I played UNIEL training mode for 10 minutes at October's event and 4 matches (all 0-2 against the same guy lul) of casual +R right before I left at November's event :PUN:

Not gonna be able to make it out, sorry. ;w;

Ill probably be there. Anyone know what tournaments are on that day? And should I bring a skullgirls setup, or will there be one there?

Ill probably be there. Anyone know what tournaments are on that day? And should I bring a skullgirls setup, or will there be one there?
It'll be TSB, so at least 4 anime games. Laptop setup would help. I'm expecting there to be alot of heads for Xrd, so a monitor to run matches on would help.

Guess I might be stopping by to bring my setup, since I have everything but UNIEL. I'll even bring the monitor too just in case, though I'll leave it in the car if not necessary.

Xrd, UNIEL, P4AU, and BBCP are the main games.

Reactions: Lethalmind
Hey I was just wondering if there were any local meetups going on in the city?

Hey I was just wondering if there were any local meetups going on in the city?
Hey dude! For the most part there isn't much to be honest but there's house sessions every now and then. We are featured rarely as a rotating game at TSB. The biggest thing that we have going on for us is This Monthly Tournament Series, but that happens in New Jersey. It's a cool event though, so if you have the means to attend, give it a shot!

Hey, thanks for the reply! So to be honest I'm in Jersey but I'm closer to the city than to the event location. But seeing as it is a monthly I think I'll try to make it out to the next one. It might be a bit of a haul to get there but I can't complained unless I've tried it once. And also offline SG, the dream...

Most of us if not all of us are closer to the city. I live in Jersey too and usually end up picking up a lot of the guys from the city and drive to Hitbox. Still you should come out b/c locals are a lot more fun than quickmatching.

This drive is an everyday thing for me. IF Skullgirls was a thing here I'd go easily hands down. It's a bit of a drive (~2 hours), but I've done A LOT worse.