• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Oakland, CA Skullgirls casual meetup at the M.A.D.E. Fri. 7/3

Nevins

Hidden character
Reaction score
Website
tangerinepop.com
PSN
cpnsleepy
Fukua Robo Fortune Big Band
I just emailed the M.A.D.E. in Oakland about the thought of having a Saturday biweekly Skullgirls event alongside their ongoing Smash one. I can't get to San Carlos anything like hopping off the BART to Oakland, and remember when this place had Friday Night Fights with Capcom games. Here's hoping for a response. And a link to the place:

https://themade.org/
https://themade.org/
(Also posted in the Facebook NorCal SGE group)https://themade.org/

You would need to supply your own equipment, but we can definitely host you. Name some dates and I'll let you know the availability. Weekday nights are the most open.

Reactions: Flotilla and Nevins
You would need to supply your own equipment, but we can definitely host you. Name some dates and I'll let you know the availability. Weekday nights are the most open.
OK, thanks. Seems Fri. is optimal day according to the Facebook group.

Oh, if anyone reading this hasn't joined it yet, the NorCal Skullgirls FB group is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/550585045023755/857958400953083/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment

Might be best to start out once every three weeks even just to see how many people show up & to make things easier on whoever can bring the setup (& the MADE). Also, this would be casuals to start with, (not tournament) so that people from beginners just wandering in, "experts", or anyone between can just hang out & play. I don't know anyone offline that plays fighters, so this may be very cool. I should get out to San Carlos someday, but am so used to the old days of S.F. arcades I could get to easily...

Alright, talk with your crew and name a few Fridays that you think would be best and I'll pick one and schedule it.

I semi-frequent the MADE Smash 4 tournaments and would love this so much. Pretty good venue that's really close to me, and I've seen one or two SG players there before (when there were still Marvel tournaments).

I semi-frequent the MADE Smash 4 tournaments and would love this so much. Pretty good venue that's really close to me, and I've seen one or two SG players there before (when there were still Marvel tournaments).

Cool, glad to see there's interest. Can anyone bring a setup: laptop, console, etc. on a Friday this month?
If not, can we use a laptop or something the MADE has? I can donate a bit to buy the game for the MADE if they don't have it, and for their time & effort in hosting. I should become a member too.

I don't know what their console situation is to be honest, 360 or PS3. I know they have a PC running MAME, but I don't know if they'd be willing to set up SG on there. I can bring my laptop, but it can't run for very long at a time since the power brick is busted.

Reactions: Nevins
I don't know what their console situation is to be honest, 360 or PS3. I know they have a PC running MAME, but I don't know if they'd be willing to set up SG on there. I can bring my laptop, but it can't run for very long at a time since the power brick is busted.

Thanks very much! For everyone interested, especially Spooky, is there a good Friday this month, July, or whenever that works to try this?
No rush. I'm moving around the 26th, but whatever works. Hope I'm going about this the right way since I've never tried this sort of thing before.
I'll keep the Facebook group updated as well.

I actually just remembered that I have a real computer, but I'll have to get it set up to run SG. I have the tower, keyboard, monitor and everything, but I just need to install Steam and SG on someone's internet. If the MADE has a spare power strip and lets me use their wireless, then that should be good to go.

So the Museum of Digital Art & Entertainment at 610 16th St. (2nd floor) in Oakland is up for doing this: Fri. 7/3 5-7PM.

Just a free casual meetup, which is especially great if you don't have people to play w/offline (like me).
And it's just a few blocks from Oakland BART 19th St. Station.
Not trying to take away from San Carlos meetups at all (I still hope to go someday); just figured a different kind of event would be cool.
A link to the FB group & the details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1625281061052359/1626697360910729/

I'd post a new topic so I can get a fancy map at the top, but then I'd have two topics on the same thing. So just click the link. :) Anyway, thanks to the MADE & any that might attend!

Last edited:
Thanks to Michael for hosting & those who showed, especially Spooky with the setup.
Great chatting with you all; and you guys are quite good at the game imo.

Next one is hopefully in a month or so for anyone interested, probably on a Sat.
Hope to promote it more & give plenty of notice to give more people a chance to hang out & play offline!