• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Oct 10, 2015] London Skullgirls: Actually Skullgirls This Time Edition (London)

bigbandpro69

EU OFFLINE FURRY
Reaction score
Steam
id/arekso
Beowulf Big Band
After nearly a year we are doing this again. Come and play skullgirls (offline for once) with us!

Date + time: 10th October, 12PM to 12AM

10a Cullen Way,
London,
NW10 6JZ

Entrance fee: £10, pay at the door

HOG website + extra info
http://www.thehoguk.com/contact-us/

• We will be playing skullgirls on PS3's (with a possibility of PS4's) in the console room, past the arcade cabinets and through the DDR room. Bring your own arcade stick / controller for console games. There are also plenty of other console fighters as well as a range of classic arcade cabinets for games like ST, 3s, KOF, etc.
  • No food is supplied at the venue, so bring your own (or order some stuff and split the cost amongst yourselves in a group, we did this last time). There are supermarkets and food places nearby.
  • There might be a tournament with possible prize pot if enough people agree upon it. Last year there was a bit of a imbalance in skill which meant no prize pot was done.
  • Overnight stays are possible at the HOG, £5 or 10 fee (forgot) and you get locked in for the night. I will be doing this, so if you stay we can have a 100+ game set or something:
croSn.jpg

That's everything. Hope to see you there!

Reactions: Wenzel
Woohoo! This is on my birthday so I'm not 100% sure that I can make it yet, but I'll try my best.

Wasn't there a problem last time with the setups not being updated and having all the characters? Hopefully you guys are in touch with the center to keep on eye on that problem.

I'll drop in beforehand to try to make sure everything is all good. I've offered to sign in with my account so they get all the DLC but sometimes the Wi-Fi isn't set up.

Reactions: Mr Peck
I've sent them a message on facebook notifying them about the event, waiting for a reply.

It's my brothers birthday every day that week so I don't know if I can make it.

My flight is booked. Woohoo!
I'll be there all saturday and sunday (going back monday morning), and staying overnight at the venue as well.

needed an excuse to go back to the hog

My profile pic shows how much I love Skullgirls 2nd Encore after begging for a certain Peacock skin!

I may come! I just need to tell the family and the man who will take me. Some of you may remember the moustached man that was with me the whole time A.K.A my grandad.

It's £10 normally but Sundays I can get people in for £5 as I run the weekly there on and members of that are half price. Not sure if that will work for people staying over night though.

As for set ups. There's only one ps3 with 2nd Encore. There has been talks about ps4 getting it but..... Wouldn't hold your breath we normally bring our own consoles If we need more set ups. Again I will continue to pester and see if we can get somemore ps3/4 station ready.

Also I bring my laptop and normally record matchs if anyones down for that sorta thing.
And upload them to my yt.

It's £10 normally but Sundays I can get people in for £5 as I run the weekly there on and members of that are half price. Not sure if that will work for people staying over night though.
Speaking of Sundays, is anyone going to the HoG for Skullgirls today? I'm thinking of going but it's expensive to get there from here, so I figured I'd check that there will be people there first.

Speaking of Sundays, is anyone going to the HoG for Skullgirls today? I'm thinking of going but it's expensive to get there from here, so I figured I'd check that there will be people there first.
Yes mate there will be a few of us down there today.

Nice, me and @Grodie are coming down too then. We'll be there around 2:30, depending on trains and stuff. See you there!

Nice, me and @Grodie are coming down too then. We'll be there around 2:30, depending on trains and stuff. See you there!
Kool. Have you checked the train schedule? I know theres quite a few problems atm.

Kool. Have you checked the train schedule? I know theres quite a few problems atm.
Yeah, it should be fine. We're getting the replacement bus from Willesden Junction.

Since I'm checking how to plan my trip at the moment, anyone staying/coming on the sunday?
I'll be there all saturday, stay overnight, and all sunday. Will probably go back to Stansted airport during sunday evening, as I'm planning to stay there overnight waiting for my flight back.

@C4IQ MOP Are you guys still holding something on sundays?

Since I'm checking how to plan my trip at the moment, anyone staying/coming on the sunday?
I'll be there all saturday, stay overnight, and all sunday. Will probably go back to Stansted airport during sunday evening, as I'm planning to stay there overnight waiting for my flight back.

@C4IQ MOP Are you guys still holding something on sundays?
Yep me and a few other will be there. They don't all play sg but there will be games for people to play.

Coming up from South Coast area if anyone wants to carpool. I'm already picking up Mr Peck on the way. I have a huge-ass estate car so I got plenty of room

Coming up from South Coast area if anyone wants to carpool. I'm already picking up Mr Peck on the way. I have a huge-ass estate car so I got plenty of room
South coast. West or east? I probably won't need you but for the sake of the others.

South coast. West or east? I probably won't need you but for the sake of the others.

Middle. Hampshire/A3 area.

Unfortunately, I will have to dodge again.
Someone will have to explain to me why workers close a high traffic highway at 4AM, withough giving an alternative route.
Could definitely not make it to the airport in time through countryside roads.

Probably for the best anyway, this cold is stunning me and I feel like shit.

Have fun!

Nooooo that sucks, sorry Rex! I hope you can make it out to a future event :c

My bus arrives at victoria station at 2PM, then I have to get a metro to north acton, so I'll be there 2:30-3:00PM (i think)

Unfortunately, I will have to dodge again.
Someone will have to explain to me why workers close a high traffic highway at 4AM, withough giving an alternative route.
Could definitely not make it to the airport in time through countryside roads.

Probably for the best anyway, this cold is stunning me and I feel like shit.

Have fun!

Bad luck, man.

My bus arrives at victoria station at 2PM, then I have to get a metro to north acton, so I'll be there 2:30-3:00PM (i think)
It should be about half an hour. Victoria line northbound to Oxford Circus, then central line westbound to North Acton. See you there!

Shit im here too earily again..

Gatta wait for like an hour... Welp 8'D

Me, Grodie and me-tan are setting off now. See you in roughly an hour!!

Well I had a great time. Happy Birthday, Peck and it was great to see the rest of you!

@Pombear

Honorary mention to Boards of Canada for keeping me sane throughout this 7 hour bus ride

I had an absolute blast. I think I was better by the end of it thanks to help from you guys