• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Oct 14, 2016] SoCal Regionals 2016 (Santa Ana, CA)

DawnHibiki

Dog Lover & Idol
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Steam
Dawn111
Fukua Squigly
SoCal Regionals 2016
October 14 - 16
Esports Arena
120 W 5th St
Santa Ana, CA 92701

I contacted Level|Up Series for awhile, and they said that I can definitely set up a side tournament for Skullgirls in SoCal Regionals 2016 on Friday, October 14th. They said that I would have to bring my own setups though, so I would have to bring my own PS3/PS4 and TV/monitor, and if anyone else has a PS3 and a monitor, bring them as well if you can. SoCal Regionals will also feature the main games, such as Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat XL, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Killer Instinct, etc. If you can sign up for SoCal Regionals 2016, I'll be very happy, because I would like to have more people who can play locals.

Here's the copy-paste from the FB page:

SoCal Regionals 2016 planning is well underway and we are ready to unveil the starting line up of information you’ve been waiting for! First off, we’re excited to finally partner with our friends at the beautiful eSports Arena in downtown Santa Ana to host SCR this October 14-16! The lavish 15,000 square foot, multi floor venue is well equipped with stage, lighting, sound, and awesome amenities for the modern gamer. Already home to our Weds Night Fights and Vanguard events, we are yet to utilize the entire facility which we have plans to rock the house from wall to wall with games, vendors, and special surprises this year. Registration will be open early August and can be found on our http://www.socalregionals.com/ site

eSports Arena

120 West 5th Street Santa Ana, CA 92701

Next up, SoCal Regionals has featured over 20 games in the past and it was a fantastic collaboration of various communities to play their favorite titles. Due to growth in main title games, we are consolidating older titles to ensure quality space needed for attendees and competitors at the event. Now for the SCR2016 lineup:

Street Fighter V* (PlayStation 4)

The King of Fighters XIV (PlayStation 4)

Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)

Melee (Gamecube)

Mortal Kombat XL (PlayStation 4)

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (PlayStation 4)

Tekken 7 Fated Retribution* (Arcade)

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox360)

Killer Instinct Season 3 (XboxOne)

* Street Fighter V - Capcom Pro Tour Premier Event with $15,000 Bonus Prize Pool

* Tekken 7 - 2016 Tekken 7 Tour with $3,000 Bonus Prize Pool

Schedule:
Friday:
Street Fighter V 3v3 Teams
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 3v3 Teams
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom Singles
Killer Instinct Singles
Tekken 7 Free Play

Saturday:
Street Fighter V
Tekken 7
The King of Fighters XIV
Mortal Kombat XL
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Super Smash Bros.
Melee
Killer Instinct Top 8

Sunday:
Street Fighter V Top 32
Street Fighter V Top 8
Mortal Kombat Top 8
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Top 8
Tekken 7 Top 8
The King of Fighters XIV Top 8
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator Top 8
Super Smash Bros. Top 8
Melee Top 8

We have partnered with the Holiday Inn Santa Ana as our official SoCal Regionals 2016 hotel. We have a group rate of $114 for 2 Queens or 1 King per night at the hotel. Microwave, refrigerator, swimming pool, 24 hour convenience store, parking, cable TV, and plenty of food nearby! Holiday Inn Santa Ana is also one of the closest 4-star hotels and about a 10 minute drive from eSports Arena. There will be shuttle options from the hotel for $5 to eSports Arena prior to designated pool schedules throughout the weekend. More information will be posted very soon to ensure our guests have transportation to and from the venue. You are welcome to utilize Uber or Lyft options too if that is more convenient. SCR group rate link will be available early next week and updated on this blog post and our SCR site.

Holiday Inn Santa Ana

2726 S Grand Ave

Santa Ana, CA 92705

Don Tran

dont@hi-oca.com

Sales Manager - Holiday Inn

Nearest Airport:

John Wayne Airport - 18601 Airport Way, Santa Ana, CA 92707

Optional Airports:

Long Beach Airport - 4100 Donald Douglas Dr, Long Beach, CA 90808

Ontario Airport - Ontario, CA 91761

Nearest International Airport: