• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Canada [Oct 30, 2015] Canada Cup (Toronto, Ontario)

Sydoh

Silent Dolphin
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Sydoh
PSN
worldjem7
Ms. Fortune
Canada Cup 2015
PRE-REG HERE

THERE IS NO ON-SITE REG

This year we're moving east to Toronto, Ontario and we've also been picked to be a Capcom Pro Tour Premier Event (WILD CARD)! Check out the details below and keep your eyes and ears peeled on this event page for more details as they become available!

When
Friday, October 30th - Sunday, November 1st, 2015

Where
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Center
801 Dixon Road
Toronto, Ontario
M9W 1J5

Hotel Discount
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Center is happy to provide us a group discount using code CJ29AA or mention Canada Cup on the phone. To book please call 1-800-325-3535 and mention the group code. Prices range from $109.00 ~ $149.00 a night depending on choice of King or 2 Queen bed rooms and suite type.

Air Canada Discount
When booking a flight into Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ). Please use promotion code CYRUH981 with Air Canada to receive a discounted rate!

Venue Fee:
$40 EARLY BIRD
$45 July 15th
$50 Aug 15th
$55 Sept 15th
$60 Oct 15th.

Game Entry Fee: $10 per game

Games Played:
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4), $15,000 prize bonus provided by Capcom
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC/Wii), $1,000 prize bonus provided by Canada Cup Gaming LTD
Super Smash Bros. WiiU (WiiU), $1,000 prize bonus provided by Canada Cup Gaming LTD
Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
Killer Instinct (Xbox One)
Guilty Gear XRD – Sign- (PS3) $250 prize bonus provided by 8Beads
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Xbox 360), $1,000 prize bonus provided by The Mock Hero Collective
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extended (PS3)
The King Of Fighters XIII (PS3)
Under Night In-Birth: Exe Late (PS3)
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown (PS3)
Skullgirls: Encore (PS3)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Dead Or Alive: Last Round (PS3)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Arcade)

http://canada-cup.ca/canada-cup-2015-registration/

Tenative Schedule
Friday, October 30th, 2015 - Team tournaments
Saturday, October 31st, 2015 - Singles tournaments
Sunday, November 1st, 2015 - Tournament finals + AFTER PARTY

Sponsors:
CAPCOM
Mad Catz Interactive Inc.
Esports Gaming Events
Even Matchup Gaming
Super 1UP Games
The Mock Hero Collective

@CCG.RXS

Last edited:
Thanks to WorldJem for helping me put this up :) Hope to see all of the SG folks out for this event :)

Heads up guys. Apparently, some single tournies will be running Friday. Not sure which games will fall on what day though. If SG is on Friday, I won't be able to make it unfortunately (Actually if SG, BB and Persona all end up on Friday, I'm just going to stay home, lol)

@CCG.RXS
Please don't relegate SG to Friday. D=

Also, feel free to use this thread as a roomsharing thread.

Last edited:
SG will get stage time on Saturday guarenteed. I'm still working the schedule though. I can probably fit SG in on Saturday at the moment. Ultimately some games will have to run friday night but i'm trying to mix it up.

Reactions: Sydoh and erkicman
I just called and booked my hotel and updated the OP with info I got from booking.

So far I'm alone in my room, so I'm looking to get some people with me to share the cost of the room.

@ManoxMano
@Beefy Heropon
You two interested?

Sorry, not really interested. I'm just going to take bus there.

Won't you need a place to stay?

not really, just going to take the bus back as well. Its only a little longer than the trip to A&C and I'm super cheap. :)

Yeah ill share with you id rather not bus my gear to and from

I was thinking about bringing the laptop and using it for an extra SG setup. Recording tourny sets let's go?

Reactions: Beefy Heropon
Good luck to you guys! Go rep the scene up there ;_;7

Brackets up for those interested

See you guys this weekend!
Why are the 4 best players all on the same half of the bracket? Who made these brackets? Like the 5th best player in this tournament is getting a free ride to top 3, that shit gets me tight

Reactions: Sydoh
I think this is a better bracket:

Code:
	Side A

worldjem
bye         Worldjem
____________ ???
scissorcat
flurry

mano
zako         ???
____________Dagwood
dagwood
bye
____________Sam
sam
bye

thrillho
gandalf      ???
____________Heropon
heropon
bye

I think this is a better bracket:
This is a huge improvement although I would recommend swapping Megaman DS with either Rorouni or Sam.

MMDS is going to Canada Cup?

It's 1UP.Zako as in Hamilton's 1UP games store/arcade place.

MMDS is going to Canada Cup?

It's 1UP.Zako as in Hamilton's 1UP games store/arcade place.
Oh I thought that was MMDS cause he enters as Zuko sometimes. Nevermind, carry on.

It says SG finals are being streamed on the canada cup 2 stream at 6pm tommorow.

edit: was looking at an old schedule. new schedule says 4

Last edited:
Schedule

In the second stream schedule box under canada cup 2 at 4pm. It says VF5 top 4/SG Top 3

edit:
Canada-Cup-2015-Schedule-VFINAL1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a skullgirls setup in the Tekken area.

Is only top 4 getting streamed on Canadacup2 still? Also what time?

Wow I'm so upset they overestimated how much time sg actually needs, that ended in only 20 minutes. We could have had top 8 streamed at least. I mean, Virtua top 3 took like an hour and a half. *frustrated exhaling*

Regardless, congrats to you worldjem for taking it!

I wanted to get winners finals (me vs heropon) on stream for top 4, but Vince didn't tell the other TOs it was ok, so I just let it go and we had to play off stream. Didn't want to sit around arguing which would take more time.

Stream was still hype and I'm happy Vince was nice to give every game stream time, including skullgirls.

Reactions: gluemchen
Well, some stream time is indeed better than none. I'll take what I can get then

Had a good time, it was fun commenting but I need to work on it. I think I talked too much

If anyone who came wants more SG action in T.O I t.o monthlies at A&C Games 452 Spadina Avenue. Next one should be at the end of the month so look out for a thread!

Reactions: ArkBat
This was my first fighting game tournament. I had a lot of fun! It was nice playing with everyone. I have a lot of room for improvement, but I feel like I learned a lot just from the short time I played(like the Squigly mixups Sam showed me!). I'm saving up for Frosty Faustings, going to try to get much better by then. I should probably do more than just play quick match all the time, hehe.

I loved watching all the Top 8s live(USF4 was insane), meeting a lot of the pro players, getting to play games I never tried before, seeing Tekken 7 and SF5 in person, and hanging out with a bunch of cool people. It was an awesome event. Big thanks to the Canada Cup staff, they put in a ton of hard work. I'm really happy I was able to attend! Hopefully I see you guys again in the future.

Reactions: PME
Finally back in Montreal. Quick shoutouts.

Shoutouts to:
- @worldjem for winning the tournament and all the casuals. ooof, that Fortune pressure. That was truly terrifying.
- @Beefy Heropon for knocking me into losers. It's hard to believe that it's been almost 3 years of suffering I've had to endure with the vs Peacock Matchup now, lol. It was a great Peacock though and you played really well! I've got some ideas on how to improve that I'll be experimenting with for next time
- Gandalf The Black for knocking me out of the tournament. Those were some great games and you're a nice guy.
- The guy I played casuals with after the tournament who just started playing the game. Another Squigly comrade! I hope you'll enjoy playing and improv

can't believe i went 0-2, ggs

What a scrub.

I was very sad you couldn't make it ;.;