• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

OK, I'll try a diary too.

Nevins

Hidden character
Reaction score
Website
tangerinepop.com
PSN
cpnsleepy
Fukua Robo Fortune Big Band
Over 30 matches yesterday with @Israel We were pretty evenly matched. His Filia's quite good. Ggs w/Eccentric Fellow, who had a tough Parasoul.

-My longest set was with tonakai01: over 40 matches?! I won a bit over half against his solid Filia/Fukua team. Got a message in hiragana afterwards. Used to know how to read Japanese long ago. It was probably ggs. :)
I'd like to get an arcade stick to spare my thumb, but I need to be careful with spending.

-ChiK4N0_X, IceManCometh, Smashblade, and Mugen_No_Edge were some other people I played.

-Spent a little time in Training, trying to push myself to learn longer combos I've found in character sections here. Never really bothered with Training or online w/other fighters over the past 20 years or so (except for DOA5U for a while). Repeating each part in chunks is fine, but when I try to remember it all, and put them all together, it doesn't work for me. Keep in mind I'm 40, and have had chronic pain in my palate for 2 years. I've had to make due with shorter combos in SF3TS, CVS2, Marvel2, etc. up to this game.

-I used to just play in arcades, and do arcade tournaments once in a while. Never was an expert, so I'd finish in the bottom half, but it's been a fun hobby.

-Fundamentals of spacing, defense, footsies, mind games, and execution are decent, but never perfect. Sometimes if I don't sleep well, it can really affect my physical ability.

-I can only play weekends when I visit my brother w/a PS3. This limits my time, but I'm thankful just to play SG.

-Managed a long enough combo w/BB once to make someone use a burst!

-Dropped Peacock for Bella. As a animator, I love the character, but it's such an uphill battle for me with her. Maybe if I had an arcade stick. So she & Fukua are reserve characters I use if I'm tired of my 3 mains. I still switch around between 2 & 3 people teams & sometimes use solo to see what works best against certain people, and for some variety. And I'm still picking stages between each round because I don't care for Marie stage & some of the music. :)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I'm really hoping you explore Fukua & Big Band more.I feel like they'll have some potential in your hands.

Reactions: Nevins
I'm really hoping you explore Fukua & Big Band more.I feel like they'll have some potential in your hands.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll work on their combos this weekend in Training for a while before going online. I like the idea of having more than three characters down to have ready against different opponents (without spreading myself too thin).

Forgot to mention my set with @Cybermanworf GGs there as well.

I might be on the verge of moving out of beginner rooms, but don't win much in casual. Maybe practice rooms.
The main thing is I've found some good people around my level & we can push each other to improve while having fun.

Haven't been able to reach anyone on PSN in the Training Buddies topic yet, but will try again this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybermanworf
It's good to know to you started this since I do think it helps you keep track of your progress, good luck on finding a training partner, Indie.

It's good to know to you started this since I do think it helps you keep track of your progress, good luck on finding a training partner, Indie.

Thanks. And for training, it's good that you respond to my match requests (most don't) & we have good ping/connection. We should keep playing if you're game.

-Wish I could post videos of some matches, but don't have that ability. If anyone who plays vs. me would like to do so, it'd be great. The weekend wait continues...

50 (!) matches w/Narrata, who was brand new to the game. My thumb is feeling it. (PS3 pad).

Small set w/Paopa (the name's not quite right). Stepped up my Peacock a bit there & had fun.

@Mysticmileena & others: ggs. My solo BB was pushed enough by Smashblade to finally get a win.
No wins on rpgking yet. Still, I may have moved into low-intermediate.
My "furious five" of BB, Fortune, Pea, Bella & Fukua rotates in effectiveness.
Fortune is now my weakest, and Bella varies. Fukua's going to take some more work.

Still trying to get BB's HK stuff going: wallbounce into HK A-Train, etc. Must be my timing.

Next weekend if anyone wants some PS3 practice, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Good games with Narrata (he really improved over the past week!) I told him about this forum to spread the word.
We both really have fun playing & enjoy the game.

-Played @ink_deer for the first time, who had a tough Double & other stuff. Also played Soluda, and added both as friends.
-Went against an expert, @Zidiane for the first time. Best I could manage was getting some damage in w/BB.
-My skills should improve w/time, but I'm not sure I'll ever get down those long combos....been a struggle for decades.

-I did improve w/Fukua this weekend, getting some pretty long combos in thanks to the character topics.
-Improvement w/Peacock as well.
-Can't memorize & execute some of the combos I've written down from here for my three mains, so I do what I can.

-Still wish I had an arcade stick. Oh well.
-I should try to double snap if I get a chance.
-Can't connect HK or jHK w/BB, especially in combos, thus I can't get stuff afterwards. I could re-watch some videos.

Anyone else want to practice? I'm limited to weekends. Maybe my biggest hurdle to solid improvement.
But in a way, all this time away from the game may be good for me... Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
-KingGoku, RedDragon & FireHazzard were some random people I played. The first two were above my level.

People from here & friend:
-Good practice & fun matches yesterday with @LorelaiVega from the Training Buddies topic, who had a killer Sqigley. Some close battles there.
-Noraas was really good w/Fortune, BB, Val & some others as well. Learned some good BB stuff in our battle of the Bands. He even parried my Argus once. 0.0
-Naraata improved more. Good to see others improve alongside myself.

-My Fukua is improving a bit more, and BB & Pea.
-Even did part of that BB combo into jHK, tech to continue combo once. And adc w/Pea to keep up pressure.
But I try not to get too fancy, especially w/3 days straight of bad sleep. 0.0
-I'm pretty bad w/Bella at this point. Actually did better w/Fortune when I used her. I focus on my three mains, but is is fun to use someone else when running a long set.

-Quite a callous on the left side of the left middle finger. Got it weeks ago when holding the Ps3 controller a bit off, w/the pointy base digging into the knuckle. Even thicker callous on the left thumb that has been toughened up over many years of pad play of various games. Keeping up breaks & trying not to play too much on weekends.
-I can only play PS3 when I visit my brother, and wont't be able to next weekend, so I'm glad I got in a good day.

Thanks to everyone who played, anyone reading, and any responses.

Last edited:
Cool, I finally got the @ going on before forum user names, though I may have missed a few people here. Wasn't working at first because I had punctuation messing it up.

-Played a set with PCGamble91 on Sun.; evenly matched. Sleep deprivation resulted in some sloppy supers whiffing, though.
-I did develop a trick of surprising people w/an incoming air super w/BB & Fukua after a partner is KOed & I'm flying in. :)

Reading other diaries here has been interesting as well. Since I won't be able to play for over a week and a half, I'll focus on my 86ed SG art entry & reading topics/watching videos from here.

Good matches yesterday w/KILLPOINT's expert solo Filia. Couldn't handle solo vs. solo, but managed some wins using teams. Great games with @ink_deer I tried Bella & Fortune a bit & determined that Bells's fun & a great character, but is a rare grappler in a fighting game that I'm not as good with. Fortune I'm a bit better with, and I try using if I feel like switching up from my three mains. The head popping off on tag ins still throws me a bit.

Comboing Lv.3s a bit more. Also learned to be careful about the L2 button digging into the left forefinger. Gotta hold that controller just right. New callous there. Thanks for reading!

Whenever you get a chance to read this:

Sorry about leaving early,but LSU Tigers was playing UL Monroe on ESPNU.I couldn't miss that!

Also....Boy! Are we even.I like this though.....the whole back & forward thing.It keeps me alert,focus and ready to better myself to keep up lol

Whenever you get a chance to read this:

Sorry about leaving early,but LSU Tigers was playing UL Monroe on ESPNU.I couldn't miss that!

Also....Boy! Are we even.I like this though.....the whole back & forward thing.It keeps me alert,focus and ready to better myself to keep up lol

Hey, thanks for posting here. Yeah ggs, and no prob to anyone leaving when they have to. There are so many random things that can take priority.
I'm just glad we got to play again. I think we've both improved since last time.

Also ggs with @EccentricFellow who seems to have switched Double for Filia. His Para is amazing as always. 0.0
And ElDolar, who may not be on this forum. Sorry I couldn't play with @sewy The lag due to region location was too much, but we tried.

Things to improve(?): my Peacock overall isn't as strong as BB & Fukua. Fortune: not using launcher into air combo.
I seem to do best with 2-person teams so that the damage from a long combo that hits me isn't so much.
I raw tag when I deem it safe, but need to do so less often against those who can punish them.
A good weekend overall!

Had some good games with tough opponents, icluding:
@SikeOpath with a very solid Squigs.
@Zidiane with his amazing Bella. He also played a killer Pea, zoning and an air combo. I learned some things from those fights.
chewpop2 (is he on this forum?) one of the best Fukuas I've fought. Took some serious work to manage a win.
TheIceManCometh has the best BB I've played, so I try to picking up things when playing him. Also a rare expert Pea.

Because I host Practice rooms, it may mislead beginners, which I apologize for. I fought a few of them, and one was a bit flustered in a PM.
I suggested he focus on beginner rooms, like I did at first, encouragingly.
Switched to hosting casual rooms after that. Makes sense. Though the practice room did make for good stuff vs. @ink_deer

More improvement with BB & Fukua, but despite some time in Training, I'm still unsure on Pea & Fortune.
Been working on BB's parry once in a while, but sometimes I can't get it (even on projectiles). Played a lot of SF3, but maybe my timing is rusty?

Still can't manage long combos with them, and heads-off Fortune is not so fun & pretty tough for me.
For anyone who's played vs. me: do you suggest Fortune or Pea? My guess is people will say Pea, but I sometimes do better with Fortune's rushdown & mixups. But I'm not utilizing the character fully.

Thanks for reading & take care!

Tough matches vs. @SmashBlade xenoblade2000 ElDolar and @ink_deer
Called some unsafe assists & raw tags & got punished, but I'm working on keeping that to a minimum. If it does happen, I usually try using someone solo so I don't even need to deal with it for a match. Then come back w/a team & be more cautious.
Put some training in with Pea & Fortune, but getting longer combos is going very slow. Mainly refining BB & Fukua.
Had some fun training w/ink_deer at the end of our set. He was using PW & Para a while, and tried Filia & Bella (both of which I'm so weak with).
Tried stuff w/Pea, Fortune, and BB parries (slow progress here, though I did parry a Para jHP).

Now for the wait for next weekend.

-Two week wait from the last time playing
-Used Eliza & fought vs. her for the first time...
-First time using Fukua with all the changes. Went pretty well. And BB's MP change :)

@Squigly Lines (Good playing him again)
@Emuchu (First time playing him. I couldn't make a dent in his team- thanks bearing w/my intermedite-ness).
@Israel (Awesome matches- We've both improved and had a blast)
@ink_deer (Most consistent rival/training buddy- takes a lot to get a win vs. him. He's using Para/Double now)

-Which brings me to something that could be asked in the Beginner's ?s topic, but I'll ask here: How do you block Double's raw tag & Car?
-Maybe I just need to slow down when I sense one is coming & be ready to block, and with the car in the right direction.
-That ground bounce from a Double raw tag hit leads to all sorts of fun. *.*

-Thanks to everyone else who played as well.
-Anyone I play able to record matches? It would be cool to show them.
-Also, anyone suggest I go with Peacock or Fortune as my 3rd main? They both could use improvement, I know.

A pretty good weekend overall.

Last edited:
- You can't record replays, yet. Raika tells me that's coming in the next update.
- For the Double car, pay attention to her as she disappears. See that puff of smoke? That tells you which way the car's going.
- For Double's tag, just block it the way it came from. It got changed in the Eliza update so that it can't cross over after the first hit, anymore.
- I'm always ready to help someone learning! I can do weird teams or challenge matches (like a "no linking" handicap match so you can learn neutral skills).

- You can't record replays, yet. Raika tells me that's coming in the next update.
- For the Double car, pay attention to her as she disappears. See that puff of smoke? That tells you which way the car's going.
- For Double's tag, just block it the way it came from. It got changed in the Eliza update so that it can't cross over after the first hit, anymore.
- I'm always ready to help someone learning! I can do weird teams or challenge matches (like a "no linking" handicap match so you can learn neutral skills).

-Cool, thanks for the reply & info. I'm glad when someone I play (or anyone else) posts in here.
-And thanks for the offer to play again. I've played Zidiane & Smashblade, and it took a lot of work to get a win on either. Helped me improve.
-I've been playing this game weekends since it appeared for free on PS+ for free (May, I think).
-As long as I don't bore someone above my level. That's why I stopped after five matches. But yeah, maybe next weekend!

Cool. I'm most often around Sunday-Wednesday. It's either this or Diablo III with my roomies.

EDIT: So I just finished some online trolling where I only used Eliza j.LK/j.MK and Squigly j.LK for a whole match, and... I actually think this might be a fun training exercise to try with someone. Just do a few rounds with only pokes and no chaining to speak of, as a weird way to practice the neutral game and footsies.

Last edited:
-Played a lot of P4A Ultimax, since I just got it. But, I got a lot of time on this game as well. Can I juggle two games?
-Funny thing is I didn't get a hold of anyone on Skullheart (I think); everyone was randoms in lobbies. Skill levels all over the place.
-So I learned and I taught.
-I'm still trying to get those longer combos. If I don't feel confident, I'm not ashamed to do a short one, with a super at the end.
-Saw someone DHC from SSJ to BFF once & am enjoying that. Trying to not go too wild with meter early in a match.
-Still deciding on Peacock or Fortune. I love Fortune rushdown, but can't do her long combos, and am weak when headless.
-The wait for next weekend... is on!

-Been a while since the last post. Training's going OK.
-Still busy w/all the single player & vs. play of Ultimax, but put in some PS3 time on this Fri. w/Jules1997 (not on this forum?).
-And @ink_deer on Sat., who has a very good Squigs to go with Para and/or Double.
-Had to really push myself to get a few wins, experimenting with various team formations of BB, Fuk, Pea & Fortune.
-Note to self: don't try to parry Luger shots more than once when sleep deprived, if at all. Parries are tough for me still.
-Some progress w/Fukua (though I still can't get a very long combo), and BB is going well.
-Still not much progress on Pea & Fortune combos, but they're fun.
Thanks for reading.

It's very fun practicing with you Jeff, and I'll say again that your Big Band is really good! Can't wait until next time! :)

It's very fun practicing with you Jeff, and I'll say again that your Big Band is really good! Can't wait until next time! :)

Thanks, man. It's been good playing vs. you as well. You, Israel & some other here have have a big help by responding to the weekend fight requests or sending them out. Good competition & combos/tips/videos here helped make my BB what it is.

I've enjoyed some heavy-hitter charge guys since SF2 Honda. :) Now if I can just work that cLPx2, cMK, HK, H A-Train onto the end of some combos to get him even better. Maybe next weekend...

Last edited:
-Another good weekend, thanks to @ink_deer and a few others I managed to get matches with.
-Fri. my rust was intense; I played a few matches badly vs. deer. But today we had an epic 40 matches or so.
-He tried out Fukua & Bella a bit, as well as Double/Para/Squigs.
-I finally improved a bit more with Pea. Can't do the expert combos I've read & seen in vids here, but am playing her a bit more solid & safely. Still trying new things w/Fukua & BB
-And really trying not to do unsafe raw tags.
-I'm still getting hit by Double's raw tag sometimes & that ever-tricky car. I really have to work to survive Double Trouble. :)

Considering my first local tournament (near SF, CA) for this game (discovered it here). Last tournament I went to was back when I played CvS2, SF3:TS & MvC2. Accessible by public transit & a $5 entry fee. Hmm.

Reactions: ink_deer
@Israel @ink_deer @SmashBlade

-Thanks for the intense matches. You all pushed me once again to improve.
-Still can't get the first Fukua combo listed here after all this time:

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/were-gonna-get-you-fukua-official-combo-thread.2438/

-I'm either inputting too slowly, sleep deprived, old, or a combo of the three.

-Still, that beer on Fri. night really loosened my gameplay! If I go to that local SGE tournament in a few weeks, I'll consider a drink before competing. :)

Last edited:
-A month since my last post, huh.
-Got in a quick set of 10 with @ink_deer
-Good games. Really tough Double & Para team to beat.
-New rival: johnevens22 Probably not on the forum, but he has a killer BB & Pea.
-Had long sets of 40-60 with him, with an even split of wins usually. He teabags sometimes, though, which is a bit odd.
-Been using Fortune more than Pea. Trying to do some basic headless stuff, but I try to keep things simple.
-Still trying to get jMP, jHP, jHK to work with BB, but not getting it. Maybe I'll check/post in the BB subforum.
-Refining Fukua even more, including more use of shadows.

-Awesome (all solo) set w/ @Israel who has a very solid Filia.
-Used solo Fortune, Fukua & BB. Tried solo Pea & Bella once to confirm I'm clueless w/them in vs.
-I know headless Fortune theory from this forum & vids, but can almost never pull it off in a match.
-Instead, I'm focusing on fundamentals, longer combos, etc.

I still haven't figured out reset points for this game, so once I'm in a long combo, it's a guessing game. Sometimes I'll try a throw to prevent that, but mainly hold back.

-Very good set w/ @Apex for the first time today, who had a very solid Bela/BB team.
-I realized from his BB combo off wallbounce that my combo where I usually whiff the Beat Extend or the part after might need to be phased out after all these months (took me long enough to realize). 0.0 His combo was much more effective. Our Bands had some variation, though, which is cool.

-I used Bella for a change in a set w/a PSN friend not on this forum, and had a blast. I might even replace Fortune w/her, because I seem to be having a rough time w/Fortune & can't do anything headless usually. Just need to practice some Bella combos. I went from Pea, to Fortune, and now maybe to Bella.
-Can't do Showstopper, though. I used to do 360s in the arcade on a stick, but pad 360s are really tough for me.
-Improved my Fukua & had a lot of fun w/the character.

-Also, a good set w/ @ShakyFingers , who I mentioned in the PS3 topic w/an expert Fortune, Bella & PW.
-That was my first Danisen match. Went 0-2, but had fun.
-Played the game more than P4AU this weekend (but not Xrd), which was a surprise. Well, PSN was having issues today.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShakyFingers
Next time we play I can try and record the set and upload it to my YouTube channel and my training diary(I could also link it here if you want). The quality will probably be pretty potato level, but it's something. I just have to find a cord for the camera first. I don't really know any tips I can give you because my defence - aside from PBGC - and neutral are terrible, and I really only do well if I can get a hit or keep away well with Peacock. You're doing well to play so many different people of varying levels(I wish I could get as much variety ;_;)as much as you can, so the best I can really say is to keep it up. If you keep at it like this, you can only get better, even if you can only play a couple days a week. Maybe try to focus on a specific team for a while so you don't spread yourself too thin across too many characters so you can improve with them quicker, and then go back to other characters once you get better and improve upon them then to add to your selection. I say this from experience, because aside from Tekken, I always like playing every character in every game I pick up, and this one is no exception.

Maybe try to focus on a specific team for a while so you don't spread yourself too thin across too many characters so you can improve with them quicker, and then go back to other characters once you get better and improve upon them then to add to your selection. I say this from experience, because aside from Tekken, I always like playing every character in every game I pick up, and this one is no exception.

Thanks for the post here.
Yeah, replays would be great. I save easily for P4AU due to their built-in feature.
I appreciate the encouragement. My situation is- not having a PS3. So I can only play when I visit my bro on the weekend.
Hope this will change someday.
Then I try to split time between this game, P4AU & GGXrd.

The core team is BB & Fukua, and Pea was my 3rd for a while. Then Fortune, who I enjoy a lot, but can't use to near the full potential.
Now I'm thinking Bella. I used to use her a lot, and I've always liked grapplers. And she's one of the most fun grapplers ever, in any game imo. If not, back to Pea. I think I just got rusty with her & wanted to see if I needed to try someone else.

Going back to SF2, it was 1-3 mains/subs pretty much til now. But yeah, SGE, P4AU & GGXrd: I try to master one or two mains. Then force myself to limit my subs so I don't spread myself too thin, since there's a limit to my combo memory. All three games have a really fun cast imo.

Final note: I couldn't do BB bagpipes last weekend. The input's always been tricky for me, but if anyone noticed random punches from fullscreen after knockdown, that was reason. Maybe I'll get it next time. XD

Last edited:
Monthly post maybe? Played a set with chewpop2(?) who think I remember seeing as Bonk(?) here on SH a ways back?
Lowest ping ever, I believe at 22. Might be in the Bay Area, CA.

Really high-level player, so I tried a lot of teams/assists, but should've just stuck w/BB & Fukua the whole time, since they give me the best results. Still, it's nice to switch things up. Really had to push myself to get 5 wins out of 25. Went back to Persona4AU afterwards & was doing well, maybe in part due to the pace of SGE & that challenging set.

Last edited:
Heh, well over a month later. Finally on the verge of learning a double snap combo w/BB thanks to @6-Let YT video on advanced training I just found. Guess I could've asked how to use record dummy & make the CPU call an assist & then how to do a double snap combo, but I guess getting the info late is better than never. In theory, people learn these by recording the CPU call assist, then do the combo...I think. I wish fighting games explained how to use the record feature in training in their tutorials (this game may be the first one I'll have figured out how to do so), but it's cool.

I missed last weekend's PS3 solo Beowulf Skullbats due to not having time to be there throughout (didn't want to risk cutting out early). So I've written down the easiest combo I could find in the subforum (besides jHP, qcf MK, 3 K):

cLK, cMP, cHP
jMK, jHP, qcf PP
cMP, HK, qcf LP
MK, cHP, LP, MP, HP, j qcf LP & LK

Is there an easier one? If not, I'll practice it til I get it. I want to main this guy. Also, I wonder if there's a how-to of ways to approach this character. I can't find much in the Subforum (and no one responded to me asking) or on YouTube so far. Mostly I see long combos I can't execute despite breaking them into parts in training. BB had a great YT vid on how to approach him.
Looking forward to some vs. play since I couldn't find anyone last weekend online after Beo tutorial & Story.

Thanks to @iDaNtE-_-_- for the intensive Beowulf training session. The irony of your title (exceptionally average). That was amazing Beowulf stuff you were showing. Now I understand the character more. Still can't use him in vs. well, but it's progress.
Also thanks to @IsaVulpes for the explanation on record dummy playback in training.

Now I've practiced a BB double snap combo for my first time since... hm, almost 9 months or so of playing. Still have never managed to get a burst bait combo to work, despite trying to practice the BB ones listed in the subforum. I wonder if anyone else has trouble with them.

@LuxadeSwag set. Man, he's tough: Eliza & Para. Ggs. And @[PME] Couldn't get a single win, and we had a 250-ish red ping. Still getting used to the patch changes. And my Peacock is very rusty. BB & Fukua are going downhill against high-level players. Many people seem to be able to do long combos. I break them into parts in training, but often can't connect them together, so usually my combos are short. I might be able to do them eventually if I:

1) Get better sleep. I try to sleep in, but often wake up around 4AM & can't get back to sleep, despite using Melatonin. Might be that chronic pain in the roof of the mouth messing sleep up.
2) Get an arcade stick (not in my budget currently).
3) Play less of P4AU & GGXrd on the weekend? But I really like them..hmm.

The wait is on for next weekend. If anyone ever wants to record matches w/me go for it (some people do this on PS3 somehow).
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Huh, I didn't even know I had this thread watched. It hasn't shown up in my alerts before.

Anywho!:

The wait is on for next weekend. If anyone ever wants to record matches w/me go for it (some people do this on PS3 somehow).
Thanks for reading.

I finally have a Saturday off this week if you wanna shoot me an invite for a set. I should be able to record it for you with not great, but passable quality if I can get this camera charged. I should be up all day after 8AM, which would be 10 your time, and maybe even earlier if my insomnia deems me unworthy of sleeping in, though I can't promise I'd be on the top of my game due to focusing on P4U and UNiEL lately. If not, hopefully you'll be able to make it to Skullbats this time around, and I'll see ya there!

Huh, I didn't even know I had this thread watched. It hasn't shown up in my alerts before.

Anywho!:

I finally have a Saturday off this week if you wanna shoot me an invite for a set. I should be able to record it for you with not great, but passable quality if I can get this camera charged. I should be up all day after 8AM, which would be 10 your time, and maybe even earlier if my insomnia deems me unworthy of sleeping in, though I can't promise I'd be on the top of my game due to focusing on P4U and UNiEL lately. If not, hopefully you'll be able to make it to Skullbats this time around, and I'll see ya there!

You have sleep problems too? I hope you find a solution (try earplugs & Melatonin if you haven't yet).
Skullbats, yeah I keep skipping it every week, but really should go for it this Sat. And a set vs. you sounds good, even if you can't get the camera working. If it is recorded, I'm going to really try to not to drop combos for everyone to see 0.0
Thanks for reading.

Skullbats was fun. It only lasts about an hour, which is great, since I don't like tying up my brother's PS3 for too long of a stretch at once. I wonder if it was recorded... @ShakyFingers & Snerd were really tough (I'm below their level), but I ended up winning vs. a few others. GGs to all. I'm finally comboing better w/Fukua. Can't do corner & OTG-less combos w/BB in vs. yet, despite training.

My Wulf is still fairly weak online. I did have a fun set w/Kinnoc (not here on SH?). Used Peacock, who I should keep in practice with. Also Wulf, Bella & Fortune w/BB & Fukua to experiment w/how I like the possible teams.

Still playing a lot of Xrd & P4AU with this game on weekends, but I can't imagine dropping any of the three, despite maybe taking on too much since I enjoy using subs & improving.

Last edited:
Glad you were able to make it to Skullbats! It was fun to play you again. I didn't get to say it this Saturday because typing out messages on PSN is a pain, but I definitely feel like you've definitely improved from last time we played; you definitely knew what to do about my Peacock with Fukua more than most I fight online, at least. And maybe it's because you're new to the character(I dunno how long you've played him), but you really should just go chairless with Beowulf against Peacock. I feel like that matchup is in his favour or at least even if he goes chairless because of his ridiculous sweep, so it's worth it to just toss out the chair ASAP for the matchup, even if you take a few bombs or bullets to the face. But other than that, I feel like you did a lot better than the first set we had. Unfortunately didn't get to record it because it seems my camera won't charge anymore, so that kinda sucks, but I expect replays should be in the Robo-Fortune update, which doesn't seem to be too far away at all seeing as she's already finished. I somehow managed to get two Saturdays off in a row, so I hope to see you again this weekend!

Thanks Shaky. Good info on Wulf; I've been trying to figure out his neutral game since he was released on PS3, so that helps.
I should watch some more YouTube matches w/Wulf to see what people do. And practice my beginner combos some more.
No prob on recording. I hope to play again this Sat. Maybe I'll finally decide if he, Pea, Bella or Fortune should be my third character. I think his best assist for me is H Hurl, and my assists for the other two are H Brass & H Dart

I really feel H Hurting Hurl is his best assist if you don't want to worry about getting rid of the chair and then tagging out to use his chairless low fierce which, from my experience playing against it, is a godlike assist. I've been stubborn and have been experimenting with L Hurl and M Wulf Blitzer for more annoying things to put out while zoning with Peacock, but I haven't played him enough against a lot of people to see how that works out, so right now, I think sticking with H Hurl is best.

If you really wanna see how Beowulf neutral should be played, I highly recommend you check out Dekillsage's channel. He had a set with Taluda and they both played their Beowulf teams, and there's a lot of good stuff to check out; I feel like Sage is the best Beowulf around right now, but Taluda's no slouch at all, plus you get to see some cool Big Band stuff from him that you might like to see. Sage also had a long set with TJ - I think a FT50 - and there's a lot you can learn from them for the Peacock matchup. But if you don't wanna watch a good 2 hour long set of matches, like I said before, it's best you just get rid of your chair as soon as possible against Peacock. There's ways you can get it out safely even when she's fullscreen from my experience, and the worst you can really get hit by is Argus. If they had a SoiD charged up before it, you can end up eating a full combo, but early on from round start, you can just L or H Hurl and get it out pretty safely, probably taking an Argus at worst. And with the nerf to Argus damage, it's not so bad anymore. Peacock can probably make a hard read on the H Hurl at the start and do an H SoiD charge>Argus and might be able to get a full combo off of it if she can get a level 3 charge out of it. If she can't, then the worst you can get hit by is SoiD Charge>Argus>lvl 2 drop>Bang Bang Bang!, and that's not nearly as bad. And if you use H Hurl as an assist and Beowulf as mid or anchor, you don't even really have to worry about getting rid of the chair safely. Plus, if you use him on point and get an H Hurl out and block whatever Peacock puts out, she's forced to block the chair on the way down(correct me if I'm wrong, but the chair only loses its hitbox if Beowulf is hit), so that puts a bit of a halt on her zoning, and it's always nice to get a breather against Peacock, even for a moment. It also really helps that you use Brass, because there's really no other anti-Peacock assist like it. I feel like I have to counter pick with my own H Brass assist, and it really hurts some of my team synergy getting rid of L Beat Extend, especially after I lose Peacock, because when playing Brass, I lose an amazing DP assist for Bella and the ability to combo off of Diamond Dynamo midscreen. Also, if you have Beowulf with Fukua next with 2 bars, you always have Arm super, which is amazing against Peacock, and you can hit confirm into BFF or safely DHC into fireball super on block. Either way, you're in her face, right where you want Peacock. That's all I can really say about Beowulf, though, because I've been slacking on learning him outside of combo practice.