• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Ok, Seriously, Lobby Play needs a bit more tweaking

Sonickick120

Reaction score
Steam
Sonickick120
Parasoul Ms. Fortune Eliza
Hi there, I play Skullgirls on my PC, and I really enjoy it alot.
(Heck, I got 15 hours on it in the last 3 weeks)
But, I want to make some suggestions regarding my frustration toward some of online play. These are minor things, but sometimes it can ruin the online experience for me. This has nothing to do with netcode or programing, that works fine, these are just my personal suggestions

1. No Feedback from players
One nitpick I have with lobby play is that I can't give any sort of feedback from opponents. A simple Quote selection seen in something like P4A (well, thats where I see it) where I want to tell my opponent how awesome of a fight I had or something like that, or better yet, a chat box. This game has players, and with players, It has a community, and I want to get to know that community. With It we can learn other tips from better players, and help us enjoy the game better.

1.5. Potential Problem, players that can abuse the chat box + 2.Have a vote kick instead of just the host kicking them
Now to bring up a problem is that "certain" players will be "emotional" and lash out against their opponents with hate comments, cursing, death threats, and what have you. Well, if behavior like this is shown, you can have an option to Vote kick the player from the lobby, Im aware that you can kick players, but only the host can do that, and I rather have a vote to kick a player like in TF2 where everyone can agree that a certain player needs to go.

3. Wait time
Well, this happens when there is a 5-8 player lobby, But I still think of playing launch online MvC 3 (+actual spectator mode) when I play online. Terrible memories. One think I don't like is when I can't get In a match. Let me Explain.

So I join the lobby, Wait for players to finish matches (about 30 seconds), then match request box opens up, then countdown starts, counter gets to 02, I guess that the player hits not ready, takes me back to lobby. Sets myself to Ready. Have to wait for others to finish, (about 2-3 mins), and Then everyone finishes, Request box and countdown starts, different player this time, but player hits not ready (I guess), and have to wait again, This cycle repeated about 5 times, about 20 minutes in an online lobby, haven't been in or watched one match. Then people start to leave the lobby, 3 people left in the lobby including me. Set ready, then the 2 people finish the fight. But then It says that I get to FINALLY spectate the match. By that point I gave up and here I am typing and voicing my concerns/complaints.

I know that adding things into the game isn't free, but I ask that if a Lab Zero representative is reading to please consider what Im saying.

Thanks.

I think you should just add people to chat with them. Also, I don't think anyone's going to abuse a chat box. I've played against a fair amount of players and they've all been terribly polite.
If you don't want to wait to play just add people you enjoyed playing with.
I-if you're fine with me I can play with you...

I think you should just add people to chat with them. Also, I don't think anyone's going to abuse a chat box. I've played against a fair amount of players and they've all been terribly polite.
If you don't want to wait to play just add people you enjoyed playing with.
I-if you're fine with me I can play with you...
Sent Friend Request.
I warn you, I suck. lol.