• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Other "Alternate" Characters

Reaction score
In light of the recent reveal of Fukua and the previous announcement of Robo-Fortune, I wouldn't mind seeing other "alternate" versions of the already existing characters.

(Yes, I realize that LZ probably doesn't have the time nor money to make this possible, but I still think it'd be nice.)

I'd take DukuCAPS LOCK any day of the week.

Republican Double
Robo Fortune
Nurse Valentine all her moves actually heal you and make you feel better (like she's some kinda weird nurse or something)
Peacock who uses the avery system it was meant to be used

Cererainbow

Cerebella, perma-Mika palette, gets butts, overall more wrestling based (she has a lot of moves where she points and stuff it works)
Devil Horns turns into a taunt that calls upon the gods of rock to belt wicked riffs (maybe it drops a diamond or a DD projectile or w/e idk)

We need a masked version of one of the characters, change all her moves into charge moves and have a foreign name that alludes to killing or death.

EDIT: Bad joke is bad, in all seriousness, I think it'd be cool to see a version of Double that doesn't transform, she could have a fighting style similar to Nero from Melty Blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caleb
I think the real question is: After they're done with the initial 5 DLC characters, would you rather have more palette swaps, or nothing at all?

For me, the choice is obvious. I want more characters, and if a few more clones come my way, I'll be accept them with open arms. I think a really cool idea would be to take some of the characters that almost made the fan vote (but not quite) and implement their play styles into the clone characters. When SG2 rolls around, all you have o do is make the art!

I'm actually set with just Fukua and Robo-Fortune.
But what about a Bella with a Level 3 that's just Ultimate Showstopper but hits FULL SCREEN?!? THE POSSIBILITIES ARE MASHABLE!

Reactions: d3v
But what about a Bella with a Level 3 that's just Ultimate Showstopper but hits FULL SCREEN?!? THE POSSIBILITIES ARE MASHABLE!
I actually could be okay with one or two more clones.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Dark Ms. Fortune
Dark Peacock
Dark Cerebella
Dark Eliza
Dark Painwheel
Dark Big Band
Dark Valentine
Dark Parasoul
Dark Squigly
Dark Umbrella
Dark Beowulf
Dark Robo-Fortune

et cetera

Let's have a Painwheel that can use the full power of her Skullheart Blood!

I kind of want to see a Double that fights in her nun form, with unedited voice and all that. Instead of shifting into other people, she might incorporate partial body shifts (e.g., changing her hands into giant claws, changing a leg into a tentacle to sweep the opponent), but hopefully it would also incorporate religious reference to the Trinity.

But I guess that would be less "Alternate Character" and more "Person that happens to be the same person as another person but has a completely new moveset," a la Ninetail Naruto and Sasuke Second from Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2.

But I guess that would be less "Alternate Character" and more "Person that happens to be the same person as another person but has a completely new moveset," a la Ninetail Naruto and Sasuke Second from Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2.
Or Red Arcueid, or Vermillion Akiha

Painwheel no mask (Carol)
some_on_model_painwheels_by_poisonparfait-d50pa2y.png

meh. i just want them to do the characters they have planned and finish there and not a bunch of palette swaps.

Kwayx, a clone of Leduc, but with a duck bill.

Peacock who uses the avery system it was meant to be used

serious peacock?

you just killed the char!

(i can actually support it)

When's Zoner Bella?
Cerecopter is now a projectile...that retains all the hits, lockdown and vacuum. It also travels reeeeeeal slow.
Ultimate Showstopper finisher as a invincible anti-air.
Diamonds are Forever changed to pseudo-puppet tactics. Dig up diamond to use like Fortune head.

A Parasoul that can actually zone.
Spread Napalm shot.
Kriegspin as a multi-hit attack.
Sniper Shot calls 3 cross hairs. Can be held. (Could even be a special move, like Alessy's SMG in CPSIII JoJo.)
Egret Dive now holds opponent down instead of shielding Parasoul.
Egret Charge coming from the opponent's side and drag him/her to Parasoul.
Napalm Pillar that triggers a erupting chain explosion (like Dizzy's super or Yukiko's Amagidyne in P4A).

Blacker Dahlia, "Quit staring."
KO: Aaaawww! Hell nooooooooooooo!

All of you are dumb.

We need Triple (Double 2).

She will be the final character after Robo Fortune. She will have all the moves of the new characters (Big Band, Eliza, Beowulf, Robo, Fukua). She also has a super in her nun form.

We need Triple.

Also give her that one grab move she never got.

I'm not dumb I've always supported Triple DX

Reactions: No longer exist
She will have all the moves of the new characters (Big Band, Eliza, Beowulf, Robo, Fukua).
On that note, I wonder if Double is going to be changed even further in order to copy at least one thing from the DLC characters. Fairly easy nonetheless - just put a frame of theirs on Nightmare Legion and voilà! :3

Since we are entertaining the idea of a character having a different move set by re-arranging pre-existent assets, might as well go for EX characters a la GGXX/CvS1. No need to worry about names, palettes, art, voices, stories, etc.

You know, the funny thing is, if we do have alternate versions of characters that are "What Ifs" or "Alternate Universe" stuff, they'd be right at home whenever Aeon is added.
BAM
Reason why they're there! (An Aeon did it)

Reactions: Lunerstep
serious peacock?

you just killed the char!

(i can actually support it)

But wouldn't using the Avery Unit like is was "meant" to be used make her weaker? Booo-ring.
Besides, she's already a serious character, she's just got an actual sense of humor.

In all seriousness... some Skullgirl edition characters would be pretty cool to see. SG Umbrella or SG Peacock would probably be like nigh apocalyptic overpowered and therefore disqualified (until the likes of Aeon and Venus show up at least), but it'd be neat to have like the Filia, Parasoul, Valentine etc. who turned into Skullgirls in their storymodes. Also Skullgirls Future edition with badass older characters. That would be cool too.

IIRC It has actually been said before that the dev team would eventually like to make a EX version of Double that's less of a "copycat" than the current one. My initial expectations for Double were for her to transform into, like, amalgamations of other characters, which would still totally be a possibility!

I guess I just wanna see her turn into horrifyingly fused, disfigured and transmogrified versions of other characters for her attacks. That would be so cool * u *