• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel Assist Discussion

I feel like you could maybe end combos with it to make distance,but I'm no expert.I also feel that M.Pinion and H.Pinion could be used more,but I don't know what they would be used for.

You're right about MP Nail generally being more useful for Peacock, but the main reason I don't use MP Nail is because I already have a projectile assist in lk.George when I have Parasoul out. For Parasoul, buer is more of a quick poke when I'm trying to pressure my opponent. As I admitted, it can be difficult to confirm off of, but nonetheless I should have an advantage once they get up. For Peacock, it works as a potential mix-up as well as a GTFO move to send the opponent back to the other side of the screen. For both characters it can be used in a combo to help add a little bit of damage. c.MP is okay with Parasoul, but it isn't something I generally found much use for for Peacock. MP Nail helps Peacock's zoning game by allowing for those ambiguous teleport mix-ups, but doesn't do Parasoul too much good when I already have a George assist. I think I'm trying Buer as something of a compromise between the two. Or something like that.

My point character has been varying as of late. I think I want it to be Peacock, but I have a difficult time saving meter when I play her. If I put Painwheel on point, I can play her fairly well without meter since I only use supers as reversals or to kill characters. My Parasoul is often times just not as menacing as I want her to be, and she doesn't build meter as fast as Peacock. We'll see how it goes for MK Buer, but as it stands I sort of like it?

PW s.MK was decently useful for both Parasoul and Peacock when I played that team.

I would probably run it as PW(s.MK)/Pea(H.George)/Para(Pillar) nowadays.

Bumping dead thread to ask a question:

How do I convert off of Fiber Upper when my opponent gets hit in the air or on the ground?

Also, does anyone else notice a trend of sticking Painwheel with Ms. Fortune?

i just really like LPinion for the record its nice

i just really like LPinion for the record its nice
How would you cover Painwheel if your opponent blocks?

I've you have projectiles then pinions are very easy to cover. Parasoul has a very easy time punishing lazy attempts at hurting full screen assists, but so would peacock, robo, and squigly to an extent.

I'm picking up Pw as my third character (Bella, BB) and have a decision to make regarding her assist. Do I:

1. Go with c.mp for lockdown and keep using H lnl
2. Go with H pinion for giant step confirms and makeshift projectile, but lose a lockdown assist
3. Go with H pinion and swap to cerecopter, losing H lnl
4. Go with L pinion as a makeshift "get off me" tool and swap to cerecopter and h brass

Note: Having BB on L extend is generally preferred.

What do? Any opinions on which assist to go with?

H pinion is so good for BB that at this point I'm not sure I'd go with anything else.

I'm picking up Pw as my third character (Bella, BB) and have a decision to make regarding her assist. Do I:

1. Go with c.mp for lockdown and keep using H lnl
2. Go with H pinion for giant step confirms and makeshift projectile, but lose a lockdown assist
3. Go with H pinion and swap to cerecopter, losing H lnl
4. Go with L pinion as a makeshift "get off me" tool and swap to cerecopter and h brass

Note: Having BB on L extend is generally preferred.

What do? Any opinions on which assist to go with?
What order is the team in?

What order is the team in?
This is actually why I haven't gone with pinion yet. Order will be pw, Bella, BB, and if BB is out there's a chance that pw is already dead. Not sure if it's worth it

Yeah but you could say the same for bella. I feel pinion gives BB way more than what PW's other assists can give bella, and having BE for bella is already pretty nutso lol. I'd also recommend using copter instead of LnL anyways

I hate h pinion for BB. Only one good use I know of and it doesn't come up often whereas, BB with cr.mp assist can get safe giant steps all day which I feel is just better than h giant step plus pinion conversion which is a rarity.

a full screen hitting assist with crazy good hitbox that you can combo off of and a delay that lets you set stuff up is pretty cool imo

Just being able to combo off of horncrush makes him much scarier as a character, both on point and as a dhc option. cr.mp's stubby length isn't doing much to keep anything safe when most of the time BB will be further away.

Just being able to combo off of horncrush makes him much scarier as a character, both on point and as a dhc option. cr.mp's stubby length isn't doing much to keep anything safe when most of the time BB will be further away.

It makes all my giant steps safe and I get an extra low/throw/frametrap mixup on block in general... Which I find to be very powerful. The horn crush thing really doesn't come into play that much in my games because I'm not spamming reversal SSJ (that's the horncrush you are talking about isn't it?) as much as I used to.

Watching BB players that use pinion I've rarely seen them actually using that combo either. Whereas when I'm BB with cr.mp assist you will see me using it like every ground blockstring. I can also do things like ground blockstring ebrake plus assist into pressure.

The giant step into pinion thing I just find way to situational for just a confirm, personally especially when cr.mp gives me such good upclose confirms.

But different strokes for different folks I guess. I'll believe in h pinion when I see it used well, haven't seen it used well yet though, but then again I haven't been watching much SG lately.

H pinion also gives all the things you just said, you get the ssj conversion (which is also a H giant step conversion), safe brass, safe giant step and safe j.hk with conversions from it that save the otg into 10k for one bar. The only thing I see c.mp being better for is j.mk overheads and you didn't even mention that...

Reactions: RAT__BABY and Dime
I'll have to test again but it gives safe giant step? Iirc there is a huge gap there that is very punishable which means not safe and gets you happy birthdayed. But perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Safe brass is less of a concern for me, I used to have safe brass teams and I thought it was meh. Just use L brass and I'm pretty good.

Using safe brass as a way to bypass zoning could be good though but is also situational, need to go against a fireball chucking opponent. And when I did have safe brass I noticed that most of my opponents were smart enough to simply avoid being grounded and close. Same way they deal with beam assist. Don't be on the ground...

And yeah I use jmk with cr.mp assist, and I use it with jhk assist, and I use it with cymbals for ground block pressure and I use it with cr.lk for lockdown and I use it with L extend for a somewhat safe reversal and I use it with:

Lots of stuff I don't feel worth it to mention because there are so many legitimate uses for it that it becomes redundant to list them all.

Anyways, I'm not sold on h pinion being bad, but I'm still reserving judgement on the assist till I see someone good use it in a manner I feel is better than how I use crMp assist... And I still haven't seen it.

But as I said, to each there own and I will check on the safety.

does anyone use sguigly/painwheel? Honestly I think that's a pretty amazing pod and might one day be one of those teams everyone uses ( val/filia, peacock/double). I'm thinking pinion dash m or h would be good with squigly but what's a good assist for painwheel? I'm mainly thinking between center stage, silver chord, drag n bite, and cr.hp. If anyone has tried those assists with pw or just want to state their opinion, I'm all ears.....eyes, um well you understand.

I do. :^0