• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Painwheel MDE Combo Thread (Page 3 Onwards)

Hey, I talked about strategies.....a couple times. Like how my strategy online is to camp with charged nails against everybody, and I like to start some matches with call assist > MK Buer. :p

Speaking of combos, mine is:
c.LK, c.MK, s.HP, L Buer, Fly,
6j.LK,
c.MK, s.HP, L Buer, Fly,
6j.LP,
c.LP, c.MP, 6HK, Fly,
6j.HK otg,
c.LK, c.MP, s.HP, L Buer, Deathcrawl

Universal, assist-less, and does 7.1K for only 1 meter. I saw someone post one that did a tiny bit more, however...

Hey guys make a compendium I don't want to look through this gigantic thread.

What damage do people regularly get off their hatred DHC B&B with all 240 undizzy to work with? Is going straight into a Buer the right way to start it or can you squeeze in a little more by trying to be smart with scaling?

What damage do people regularly get off their hatred DHC B&B with all 240 undizzy to work with? Is going straight into a Buer the right way to start it or can you squeeze in a little more by trying to be smart with scaling?

You should never be using Hatred Install for damage in combos, unless you're solo, have low health and a ton of meter.

You should never be using Hatred Install for damage in combos, unless you're solo, have low health and a ton of meter.

How is a solo going to DHC

uhh like 6-7k for my less than not at all optimal but easy stuff

Last edited:
He said in combos, not in dhc specifically.

@Elda Taluda has a ToD I think.

Coming from solo, I agree with Krackatoa. It is effectively a hail mary as your meter is almost always better spent on Threshers.

Also:
you're solo, have low health and a ton of meter.
You've got about the same odds of hitting the lottery.

my less than not at all optimal but easy stuff

First one is about 5k (not including the first character's damage) at 1.00 scaling, good enough for me

@Elda Taluda @ Someone who has PSN version is a combo Painwheel. I need help with her Flight stuff and Buer Reaper combos. If maybe someone could make a video with commentary/notations. yeah. Thankies.

I've been meaning to put a PW combo/reset/tech video together forever. I swear it'll happen one of these days...

Actually, I have both Thursday and Friday off this week so I'll try to get some stuff together then!

*edit* If I do actually get around to it, expect more resets/tech opposed to combos because in reality, my combos aren't all that special (imo)

Last edited:
Reactions: WarpedEcho

LEARN THESE IF YOU DONT HAVE DOUBLESNAPS

Reactions: digits
@Elda Taluda have u got your video up by chance id like to see your pw reset setups their good as hell lol just asking

I've got a question. Is this combo possible?

c.LK > c.MK > s.HP > fly
down+right+j.LK
c.MK > s.HP > qcf+LK > fly
down+right+j.LP
c.LK > c.MK > c.HP > fly
up+right+j.HK
s.LP > s.LK > s.MP
j.MP (3 hits) > j.HP (3 hits) > j.HK
c.MP > s.HP > qcf.LP
dash
5LP > 2MK > 2HP > death crawl

I've been practicing it, and the j.mp triggers IPS. Am I doing something wrong? if so, what should I do instead?

I did build this combo off of a BnB I found from an older source, so it might have been broken after changes to her combo system, I have no idea.

even then, c.mp would activate ips since you already used s.mp, and again s.lp was already used before so it can't be used again

Is there some reason people don't do c.LK MP then a partially charged c.HP as their corner doublesnap loop for Painwheel? It seems like a standard dead easy universal snap knockdown loop that most characters have but I've never seen anyone do it in matches.

I can't speak for anyone else, but mine is easy as hell and works just fine, so I'm unlikely to try anything else.

[s.hk > j.hp > j.hk > s.lp > s.lk]

You can omit parts of it. It is mostly universal (timing varies character to character to uncombo it).

It is probably hardly optimal, but dead is dead is dead.

even then, c.mp would activate ips since you already used s.mp, and again s.lp was already used before so it can't be used again
Yeah, I forgot to edit that. Just skipping to c.mk works fine.

Ive been messing with a new one recently because i got tired of dropping the st.lp against different weight characters:

Snap otg [launch xx fly j.hp, land, j.lp,j.lk,j.mk, st.lp,st.mp]

Kind of complicated at first but the j.lp is easier to time after the j.hp, and the st.lp is easier to time after the j.mk.

The doublesnap I use is

Snap,
otg c.LK s.MP...
Lights: j.MK fly j.6MK fly j.3MK s.LP s.MP c.[HP], otg c.LK etc...
Heavies: j.MK fly j.3MK s.LP s.MP c.[HP]]

Super easy chunks of damage, the s.MP c.[HP] resets the damage so it kills fast too

two combos by magicman:

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp, L buer, fly,
6j.lk,
L buer, fly,
3j.lp,
s.mp,
air L buer, fly,
j.mp,
s.mk, s.hp, H buer, fly,
9j.mk, j.hp,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mk, s.hp, L buer, deathcrawl.

8176 dmg

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp, H buer, fly,
air L buer,
OTG, L buer, fly,
6j.lk,
s.mp,
j.mk, air L buer, fly,
j.mp,
s.mk, s.hp, H buer, fly,
9j.hk,
s.lp, s.lk, s.mk, s.hp, L buer, deathcrawl.

8716 dmg

Reactions: Spencer
Is there some reason people don't do c.LK MP then a partially charged c.HP as their corner doublesnap loop for Painwheel? It seems like a standard dead easy universal snap knockdown loop that most characters have but I've never seen anyone do it in matches.

This is what I was taught to use and is my go-to:

Happy Bday xx SNAP -> cr.lk, cr.mk, st.hp xx L Nails -> [ st.lk, st.mp, full charge cr.hp ] xN, It's very easy for heavies, for lights you need to slightly delay the cr.hp. I stole the first string ending in L Nails from @WarpedEcho, it makes the timing much easier.

Painwheel has a lot of options for snaps, but the problem is the ones that use a lot of multi-hit attacks take way too long. This lets the opponent gain TONS of meter and they also gain back lots of red health. Plus, it's more opportunity for you to drop the combo.

They shouldn't take too long if you're letting them decombo.

@Dime_x that's why I added in the j.hk. It makes the snap less optimal but more universal. The only really important part about my snap is decombo'ing right before j.hp.

Here's a counter hit combo off of a burst bait. 9.5k damage on 1.00 scaling

EDIT: You can actually easily get 10k by just using crMP(to keep the opponent grounded) and fHK (x4) in the last chain and call some multihitting assist (I used squig crHP) buer, super.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hilary

Ken and Sev use it.

If I'm warmed up on PW, I use it. If I'm not feeling myself or the conversion, I use [sMP jMK jHK] xN

Noah has a [sMP jMK fly jMK] sorta thing, Domo has something with launch > charged jHP

Negus showed me a [cLK cMK sHP fly jLK]xN thing at Evo :^)

Last edited:
That [c.lk > c.mk > s.hp xx fly > j.lk] doesn't decombo so use it sparingly as it is going to take ages to kill and build an absurd amount of meter while letting the former point regen all of their health.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, he used it because he had MFs head and could stop her from regen'ing any health by doing that. Is that the one? Or am I way off base here?

That [c.lk > c.mk > s.hp xx fly > j.lk] doesn't decombo so use it sparingly as it is going to take ages to kill and build an absurd amount of meter while letting the former point regen all of their health.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, he used it because he had MFs head and could stop her from regen'ing any health by doing that. Is that the one? Or am I way off base here?

I just remember laughing and leaving to go smoke a cigarette tbh

Yes, thats the one. For the reasons you said. If it aint against fortunes head, dont do it.

Reactions: Spencer
New Midscreen I'm using

Vs Fat bastards (Double, Big Band, Parasoul)

c.LK c.MK s.HP xx LK Buer, fly
j.3LP
s.HP xx LK Buer, fly
j.6LK
c.MK s.HK
j.MP(3 vs Parasoul) j.HP fly j.6MK j.HP
s.LP s.LK c.MP s.HP xx LK Buer (6.6k) xx Death crawl (7.7k)

Vs Ms Fortune

...c.MK s.HK
j.MP(3) xx H Buer, fly otg j.3MK
s.LP s.LK c.MP s.HP xx LK Buer (6.2k) xx Death crawl (7.4k)

Everyone else

...c.MK s.HK
j.MP fly j.9MK xx H Buer, fly otg j.5HK
s.LP s.LK c.MP s.HP xx LK Buer (6.59k) xx Death crawl (7.7k)

yes hello I do those. Only on heavies though. Everyone else it's stmp charged jhp repeat

I feel like posting the combo I use for lights/medium because Clarence's combo reminds me of it.
c.LK, c.MK, s.HP, fly,
3j.lk, c.MK, s.HP, L buer, fly,
9j.LP, 6j.LK, s.MP
9j.MP, fly, 9j.MK, j.HP(2), j.HK,
s.LP, s.LK, c.MP, s.HP, L buer, Death crawl
Almost 7.6k

It's like we went back in time before no one knew how to combo.

Piss Easy Corner Carry BnB (Do this when you're around halfway to stage edge)

cr.LK,cr.MK,s.HP xx LK.Buer xx Fly >
6j.LK >
cr.MK xx LK.Buer xx Fly >
3j.LP >
s.MP >
Air.LK.Buer xx Fly >
9j.MP(4) xx Air.LK.Buer >
OTG s.LK,s.MK xx HK.Buer xx Fly >
j.HP(4) >
s.LP,s.LK,s.MK,s.HP xx LK.Buer xx Deathcrawl

8449 damage

@Weatherbee does that all the time. In matches.

Your double snaps are very simple. For lights, use stMP into jump back fully charged jHP. For heavies use stLP stMP fully charged crHP. If you don't want to worry about weight at all, do crLK crMK stHK jump back jHP (don't charge). Also, when catching the falling body after the jHP, stLK works best. It's slow but it's pretty active. stLP misses all the time because it's not very active I think. Lastly, to answer your question, the crHP double snap works on everyone it's just weird to time the crHP on alot of lighter characters. Not worth the trouble.