• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Parasoul Assists/Teambuilding - A Princess needs Servants

IsaVulpes

Just Throw
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ms. Fortune Filia Double
I thought I'd just post my questions, but then I noticed that it's pretty much the outline of a general assist thread, so I may as well open that.

Alrighty!

♠♠♠

[1.] Parasoul's Assist choices:
Our lady has a rather limited array of assists, but the ones she got are quite strong.

1. L/M/H Tear Shot
These are the sophisticated choices.
They are very flexible assists, as not only do they function as projectiles, but also plant a tear on the screen once the projectile connects with anything.
As such, aside from the obvious space coverage they provide, they're also pseudo lockdown assists which allow you to mix up your opponent "for free" -
If they try to fight back, they may hit you, but then get tagged by the tear explosion, allowing you to combo.

L/H move in a straight line forward, M is angled to hit downwards first, then upwards.
Most people use L, as it's easier to advance behind and less awkward to use than M.
M controls the airspace instead and also is better at close ranges in some situations (where eg Val just crouches under L Shot)
H moves faster than L, which makes it worse as general space control, but more effective at actually getting the tear to place

Either of these is imo her overall best assist choice and thus the go-to pick when running her 2nd/3rd.

2. H Napalm Pillar
Is the obvious choice; just a typical DP assists which you can confirm off of for one billion damage. Use this if your team lacks defense.

I also like this for point Parasoul in general, for two reasons:
#1: Being able to access your point's assist usually means that *something something* happened which you didn't want to happen;
Either you took quite the damage and DHCd away / tagged out to regen red life, or the opponent snapped you out to eg get rid of a pesky assist -
Unless your playstyle is built around getting the first hit with Parasoul and then landing a tag/DHC combo to a character with worse neutral, it's most likely going to be one of the two.
Now first, if *something something* goes wrong, the more defensive assist makes more sense, as you want to get some breathing room back.
Second, the invincibility on Pillar makes it harder for the opponent to just hit Parasoul as you call her (and she will probably be low on life, thus susceptible to exactly that happening).
#2: Since your point will often just die without you being able to save it, your 2nd+3rd char are chosen in a way that they can function nicely without using the point's assist ever.
This means you are both used to never accessing it, and your characters are supposed to be able to handle the neutral without it.
A DP assist is always nice. Even if you *don't use it once*, the opponent has to be weary of the threat and move around a bit more carefully.
Tearshot assist has certain functions in neutral which your 2nd+3rd character *hopefully* do not rely on whatsoever - so it is often going to be difficult to utilize it.

These aren't end-all reasons by any means (you may actually turn eg the argument #1 around and say that the Tearshot assist is safer to use - as you call it from far back, rather than when up close), just my observance from playing around with both.

3. H Egret (Bike)
A slow moving Bike that goes through projectiles, hitgrabs the opponent on contact (so it's blockable but eg beats armor) and carries them along for a wallbounce.
Provides good corner carry and generally full combos whenever it connects. It dies to one physical hit (this includes eg Double Butt assist) and got a bit weaker from SDE->SQG.

This is generally an anti-Peacock assist; you use it to counterpick her. Wait for her to call Butt, hit it once to lock it out; then summon Bike assist -
you can now move in while Peacock is unable to properly operate, as throwing Bombs means that the Bike will catch her in recovery.

I don't really like this assist, but you can run it when having trouble against Peacock teams, as it *does* help quite a lot (if anyone has any super powerful tech utilizing it, feel free to post that ~)

4. Other Choices
I'm really not aware of anything else she got. Tear toss would be the most awkward to use assist of all time, c.MP provides tagertier lockdown at best,
her overheads are slow, non invincible and single-hit, the Throw is nothing to talk about, etc. Don't try to be the uniquest of snowflakes, use one of the assists listed above.

♠♠♠

[2.] Assists *for* Parasoul:
The Princess is not very assist reliant. Between her good neutral, a safe(ish) DP and good mixup potential she is pretty much covering herself.
Her main downsides - being weak to air resets due to the lack of an air-ok reversal and problems mobilitywise both on the ground and in the air - are very hard to cover with assists.

However, there are still some more-or-less minor holes in her gameplan which *are* fixable. She can use:
#1 Something to give her time to close the gap when at not-point-blank range
#2 Something that keeps the opponent out for long enough that she can set up her initial tear zoning
#3 Something that allows her to combo after instant stomp (Jumpforward j.d.MK)
#4 Something that fixes her general defense problems (as DP requires charge)
#5 Something to battle Peacock/other Parasouls/general runaway (as her lack of mobility makes her prone to be kept out)
#6 Something to keep the opponent from jumping (as it is easier to outmaneuver her in the air than on the ground)
TLDR; Lockdown and DPs - just like every character enjoys to have - and ..possibly?.. some special things.

The commonly viewed as best possible assist to have as Parasoul is Double's LK.Butt.
It covers multiple things at the same time:
- Lockdown, which gives her time to approach and strengthens her mixup game
- Puts a body in front of her (an invincible one to boot!), giving her time to set up her zoning game
- Allows her to combo after instant stomp easily
- While not a true DP (having 2f vulnerable startup), it IS invincible quickly and for a good while - thus acting as a GTFO assist

I will not list every other possibly usable assist for her. Good assists are good. Instead, I will focus on rarely used assists -
*I do not know how good these are*, I'm just listing what is not commonly utilized but I think *may* help her in some areas.
Cerebella:
H.LnL - Eats Georges for breakfast, helping the Peacock matchup. Puts a big slow hitbox on the screen that keeps the opponent from going in.
H.Run (Battletoads) - Similar to LnL, just faster and harder to convert from
Copter - Not an underutilized assist, just posting it here to note that it throws Fortune's head - a major annoyance - fullscreen away

Double:
M.Butt - Less of a GTFO/Mixup assist than the L. version, but covers more space both vertically and horizontally, making it a better zoning tool and an option to fight Peacock/Parasoul

Filia:
L./M.Updo - The faster startup may make some zoning patterns better; also easier time comboing off instant stomp with

Painwheel:
M.Nail - Projectile assist which 1)hits crouchers 2)goes over Georges 3)provides a ton of hitstun.
(I have tried H.Nail but imo it covers an angle too similar to M.Shot to be useful)

Peacock:
H.George - The lost George, which nobody uses as an assist ever. Covers a really good angle which Tearshot doesn't control. Slow enough to give time to set up zoning.
(I quite enjoyed this assist, but I am bad and don't really utilize Tear Tosses yet. M.Toss gets placed at a similar spot on the screen, so this may be obsolete)
H.Doom - Fullscreen coverage to help against Peacocks and Parasouls.

Squigly:
Center - Helps tremendously against Peacocks, murking up their Item Drops and putting you next to them. Possibly provides some funky interactions with Toss

♠♠♠

[3.] Parasoul's Team Position:
Parasoul in general is quite flexible in her placement. She doesn't *really really* need assist support as eg Valentine does, her assist choices are good enough to run her in the back, she has a safe DHC, her neutral is good enough to be able to handle most of what the opponent can throw at her, and due to being a midrange character she quite enjoys being point - as you start the round at her perfect distance.

1. First (Point)
Her default position

You start rounds right where she wants to be - not too far, not too close, and at neutral.
This is bigger than it sounds - 2nd/3rd position tend to come in in the corner and be instantly under pressure; which pains her due to the lack of any kind of air reversal on top of needing charge for her grounded reversal ++ it is rather complicated to get a zoning game going against a Filia that that sits in your face while you are blocking a Cerecopter.
Her round start game is stellar; quite possibly the best in the game. If you guess right in the initial seconds of the match, her dash(-jump) speed coupled with button priority and exceptional airthrow allows her to just chase down whatever character your opponent is playing, and never let go.

You only have 1-2 bars to work with, but Parasoul is not meter reliant. You don't (necessarily) get access to her assists, but having one of the best neutrals in the game more than makes up for that.

The (large!) downside to running her first is that her most problematic matchups (Valentine, Peacock, Fortune, Fukua, ..) are all generally run on point, so you are the most likely to run into them from this position.

2. Second
I feel this is her worst position. Mind you, it's still perfectly viable, I just think the other two are better.

Benefits compared to point are decent DHC choices with a safe(ish) option in Bikes and a lvl1 she can combo after, being able to utilize her -quite good- assists, and being less likely to run into a bad matchup.

Problems are, as noted above, her atrocious incoming game and bad options to escape the corner. On top of that, while it is "less likely" to run into a bad matchup, you are completely screwed if you do (eg an opponent's Fukua kills your point - now you are stuck in the same bad matchup, but rather than being able to benefit from your great round start game, you are now cornered and free to get mixed up - making it quite likely that your PS is just going to die without being able to deal any damage).

You are likely to have access to some more bar than when running PS point, but her Lvl1s aren't much to speak home about.

3. Third (Anchor)
The secret, controversial position.. when I started this thread, I sat on the belief that this was her worst position.
By now, I believe it might be her strongest. I don't think too many people agree with me on this, so let me explain:

Parasoul's main weakness on Point is running into bad matchups; on top of that are a few smaller problems (such as her lack of a proper armor breaker meaning Brass/LnL assist are annoying to face).
Parasoul's main weakness on Second is her horrible incoming game paired with an inability to escape the corner, and while less pronounced, still having the same issues as on Point (such as bad matchups)

Parasoul 3rd is VERY unlikely to run into a bad matchup to any notable effect (for that to happen, you'd basically have to lose your first 2 characters without even touching the opponent's point, which HOPEFULLY doesn't happen too often), and gains a tremendous tool to help out with her other issues: The Level 3.
Inferno Brigade is a safe reversal option which gets you out of the corner, melts the opponent's assists and beats armor for free. On top of what it does by itself, this obviously also affects what the opponent dares to do (eg he is far less likely to just run wild on offence due to the *threat* of Lv3). And hey, it is an additional DHC option!

When compared to Para 2nd, you gain a glorious tool which roughly fixes all of your problems, are much less likely to run into one of the chars you don't want to fight, and on top of that are quite likely going to play 1v1 sometimes (which Parasoul is rather good at).
When compared to Para point, you give up the stellar round start game and have to be able handle incoming mixups somewhat, but gain access to her assists and DHC options, dodge her bad matchups, and are more likely to play 1v1 than 3v3 (which IMO overall benefits her).

"TL;DR" / Simpler Explanation
- Point: *SHOULD* be her best position due to non reliance on meter, good meterbuild, strong roundstart, strong corner pressure and weaknesses on incoming / when cornered; *REALLY* held back by pretty much anyone you're meeting here being an at best even matchup, and armored assists kinda ruining your day, and assist based air resets melting your face off
- Anchor: Dodges pretty much every bad matchup, Lvl3 fixes most issues you have when cornered / under pressure (access to a gdlk reversal, shuts down opponent's assist play, gives you time/space, lets you escape the corner, breaks armor), flat beats the utmost characters 1v1 (which *is* gonna happen)
- Second: Likely to run into the bad matchups from Point Spot + all the issues on incoming / when under pressure / against armor, but without the Bar to Lvl3.

In the end, whether 1st or 3rd is stronger probably comes down to preference.

Bonus Note:
If you have a flexible team, you could consider running her 1st and tag comboing into your 3rd asap, to benefit from both her strength as an anchor and her prime round start game.

♠♠♠

[4.] Parasoul Teams:
So, we got a flexible character who can play all three positions (sorta), has access to a DP assist as well as a very good neutral control one, only doable matchups, a safe DHC, and no actual assist reliance.

Anything goes, pretty much.
I'll just list some common examples:

Parasoul / Double / Painwheel - H.Pillar + L./M.Butt + c.MP/s.MK/M.Nail
Originally used by Pali, though with PW second and Double in the back.
Is called "Team Pali" anyways, in fond remembrance of the greatest guy under the sun.

Parasoul benefits from both Butts and the Painwheel assist really nicely, builds meter for the dreaded Car xx Install DHC, provides a DP assist when something goes bad and there are safe DHCs everywhere.

Possibly the best Parasoul team synergywise.

Parasoul / Double / Filia - H.Pillar/L./M.Shot + L.Butt + H.Updo
The team which severin carried to placing 2nd at EVO2013.

Very similar to the team above, with a stronger anchor and a better assist at the cost of DHC synergies.

Filia / Parasoul / Fortune - H.Updo + L./M.Shot + H.Fiber
Filia benefits greatly from both the space control and the mixup potential that Shot provides.
Fortune is Fortune. This team is less about synergies and more about three good characters being on a team.

Can also switch Fortune's and Filia's position - does not change all too much.

tbc - I'm not listing all possibilities, as they are rather endless.
Para/Double/Bella is another really good team, as are Para/Filia/Bella and Pea/Para/Double.
Anything goes, pretty much.

♠♠♠

Oh chrissakes, what the heck. I wanted to ask some stuff, now I wrote a guide by accident.<>

Okay, finally my questionnaire~

What do *YOU* (whoever you are) think, ..
- Are Parasouls overall 'assist fixable' weaknesses, and which assists do you think fix said weaknesses the best?
- What two assists in tandem make a point Parasoul the strongest (completely disregarding how strong that team would be overall)?
- Is the best overall Parasoul team (Para being anywhere)?
- Is the best overall Parasoul team where she is on point?
- Of the assist options which I listed at point [2.3]? Usable? Good? Garbage?​

♠♠♠

Thanks for reading~
And thanks at severin for proofreading ♥

-----

The following are old opinions of mine regarding Parasoul's Team placement, from a previous version of the OP.
I don't think they are 'the truth' anymore, but keeping them here for completeness sake (and, well - I wrote it and don't just want to delete it):

2. Second
Second is her second best position. Wee~

Benefits are a safe(ish) DHC in Bikes, being able to utilize her assists, a lvl1 she can combo after (though not against airborne opponents), meter for Pillar xx Bikes which ups her defensive capabilities, and being able to win the game if she manages to get going from here.

Problems are noted above.

3. Third (Anchor)
I would not recommend this.

While it can certainly work as she is not an assist reliant character, Parasoul has *too much* meter here - her supers simply add pitiful damage to combos (~450 for one meter - to compare: Filia Fenrir Drive deals 1450).
I don't see any advantage in running her third instead of second. Only do this if your other characters are even worse anchors - eg if you play a basic Duo (Val/Para?) - and simply have to (in which case you should probably play a different team).
Again, it's not *bad*, I just think it wastes a lot of potential, as she is an 'alright' anchor while being a *really good* point/second.

Last edited:
Parasoul+Double is probably one of the best shells in the game.

LK/MK butt does wonders for parasoul, and personally I think pillar is the best reversal assist for double in the game.

I usually run a team of three consisting of Parasoul (Pillar) / Cerebella (Diamond Drop) / Double (LK Bomber). In my experience, Parasoul has a major deficiency in defensive options compared to the other girls. In addition to being weak to air resets due to her lack of air options, I also find her to be surprisingly weak to ground resets, too. Although Pillar is crossup-immune, I can't ever mash it out due to its charge nature, so if my opponent ever does a novel reset, my Parasoul is usually borked (unless I'm willing to burn 3 Tension).

Anyway, Double plays the usual role here of being the best assist ever, and you've already covered her utility. The odd assist I carry is Diamond Drop--tight strings into a 1f Diamond Drop reset produce a curious effect where my opponent is unable to chicken-block (holding 9 to cover grabs / overheads) in response to it (tried it in the lab against a reversal-9 dummy, and with a 2P controller), so they must defend either with a 1f reversal, by mashing tag, or by holding 8 and immediately transitioning to 9 to cover the following hit. It has the additional utility of protecting Parasoul from mash-happy Filias and Fortunes while still applying a mixup, which happens to be the bane of my reset-happy existence.

Besides shenaniganizing, though, the reason I've stuck with Diamond Drop assist for so long is that it makes for an amazing Stunt Double (6+Assist during blockstun). Parasoul is inherently weak against lockdown pressure, so I rely on Stunt Double a LOT more often with her. LK Bomber is a great choice for this tactic, but tends to be slow enough where my opponent can usually block or Blockbuster on reaction if they're playing it safe, so the speed of a Diamond Drop is heavenly in these situations.

One last bit I'd like to mention is that for Cerecopter, besides tossing Fortune's head a mile away, another reason to choose this over LK Bomber is that it covers a much taller block of space in front of Parasoul, which is handy in neutral situations against the airdashers who love to look for spaces in my zoning to IAD overhead Parasoul out of a poke, and against Valentine who loves to Savage Bypass from mid- to fullscreen. It also acts as quality control against jumpy Peacocks, because they're ALL JUMPY.

Reactions: gllt
its funny to think that paradouble was WAY stupider back in the beginning of the game

It's only theory fighter... But I think para with silver chord assist could be rather stupid... She has a way "in" as well as another move that covers the ground angle so it should synergize with her shots/tears very well... In a nutshell. And their dhc synergy should be pretty good.

the qcfhp assist with squigly is infinitely better than silver chord for parasoul that shit is GOOD

the qcfhp assist with squigly is infinitely better than silver chord for parasoul that shit is GOOD
But isn't parasoul already going to have a lockdown assist from doulbe lk bomber?

yes but having both is better/theyre useful in different situations since squigs doesnt knock down and reaches much further. if one dies you have the other. if parasoul dies double has a pressure assist

Reactions: Dime
The coolest trick i've found with squigly's Drag n' Bite assist is that in the corner you can call it mid combo, drop 3 tears, and still have time to us any detonation move for decent damage

The coolest trick i've found with squigly's Drag n' Bite assist is that in the corner you can call it mid combo, drop 3 tears, and still have time to us any detonation move for decent damage

yup i do this too. you can also not detonate.. and just end the combo with st hp, call squigly, sthp cancel into 3 tears... they're basically stuck in another 50/50 because of the tears

Reactions: alexpi
What about a team with only Parasoul + Somebody, instead of a team of three? Who you guys think better fits with parasoul's playstyle?

(sorry for my bad english)

Para/double is one of the best 2 charcater teams in the game so id pick that if i were you

What about a team with only Parasoul + Somebody, instead of a team of three? Who you guys think better fits with parasoul's playstyle?

(sorry for my bad english)
I think Parasoul works exceptionally well with ensnaring assists, so in a team of two she is typically paired with something like Filia's 2MK or Double's LK Hornet Bomber. Really, Bomber is everything you'd want out of an assist: ensnaring for pressure, invulnerable startup for use as a panic button / reversal / Stunt Double (har!), completely brain-dead anchoring... I hate Double, though, so I usually rock Cerebella's Cerecopter, which is another strong choice that covers a different space than Bomber. Of course, I think quite a few people choose Double for her anchoring ability: nothing's quite as frustrating as Double's LP Luger into Catellites... into Catellites... into Catellites... although that may not be quite as abusable for SQG, I'm still on PS3's SDE.

Don't discount the other options, though: Cerecopter leaves them right in front of your face for free mixups, Filia's 2MK is a low and thus prevents chicken-blocking, Peacock's 5HP or HP Shadow augment Parasoul's relatively spotty zoning game... choose whatever you want out of an assist.

Last edited:
I think Parasoul works exceptionally well with ensnaring assists, so in a team of two she is typically paired with something like Filia's 2MK or Double's LK Hornet Bomber. Really, Bomber is everything you'd want out of an assist: ensnaring for pressure, invulnerable startup for use as a panic button / reversal / Stunt Double (har!), completely brain-dead anchoring... I hate Double, though, so I usually rock Cerebella's Cerecopter, which is another strong choice that covers a different space than Bomber. Of course, I think quite a few people choose Double for her anchoring ability: nothing's quite as frustrating as Double's LP Luger into Catellites... into Catellites... into Catellites... although that may not be quite as abusable for SQG, I'm still on PS3's SDE.

Don't discount the other options, though: Cerecopter leaves them right in front of your face for free mixups, Filia's 2MK is a low and thus prevents chicken-blocking, Peacock's 5HP or HP Shadow augment Parasoul's relatively spotty zoning game... choose whatever you want out of an assist.

dont worry double has new retarded bullshit in sqe with her forward dash lol easily makes up for the lack of 1 meter catheads

Squigly's Silver chord is a dope assist for PS. Shot + assist hitting means a full combo from mid screen, and for a meter, sniper shot, hp+ assist > hp does great damage for a starter. Just as well it makes a good confirm from long range hits, or if you catch them airbourne and don't do launcher.

I would not recommend Peacock anchor.
Yeah, with a weird team like Para-cock, I'd probably run three girls and end up anchoring with Bella or Double anyway, but I think it's important to experiment with assists a bit so we all know why Double's ass wins at everything.

I use pw/double right now and I love the team with both painwheel in front or double in front. The problem is that both have shit meter gain now so I'm looking for a battery, parasoul/double/pw sounds good and double /pw shell is a good team, my question is how effective is parasoul as a battery? I've seen vulpes midscreen that does 7300 for no meter which looks super juicy but I can't see how much meter gain it has.

Right now with pw and dubs I'm gaining around 1/2 a meter with my bnb, maybe 2/3 depending on starter, but the meter gain is pretty wack... I'm hoping parasoul can help me with my meter problems.

PS is a pretty decent battery since she can do a lot without meter, and will be building plenty by zoning on top of landing clean hits to combo from.

I've seen vulpes midscreen that does 7300 for no meter which looks super juicy but I can't see how much meter gain it has.
Why not?.? I record all my videos with 1-3 Meter start, never with 5. You can see in the video that the Boot BnB builds ~80% of a bar.

And yes, as noted in 4.1 this is a *really* good team.

Reactions: Dime
The team I'm currently running is Valentine(throw)/Parasoul(Pillar)/Fillia(HK Hairball), finally put Parasoul second instead of anchor and have never looked back since.

Parasoul's stupidly strong with Hairball. Fuzzies for days, can deal with zoning by doing Egret Dive & Hairball(at cost to fillia's life) to eat up projectiles to move in, and lets her approach & lock down for a million years. Parasoul can also get dirty as fuck pressure & mixups with Valentine's throw if she gets on point through DHC.

What do *YOU* (whoever you are) think, ..
- Are Parasouls overall 'assist fixable' weaknesses, and which assists do you think fix said weaknesses the best?
- What two assists in tandem make a point Parasoul the strongest (completely disregarding how strong that team would be overall)?
- Of the assists I listed in [2.3]?​
Not a Parasoul player but I'll take a crack at this.

1. tbqh I think Parasoul's reversals are weak. Neither of her level 1 supers have invincibility. Napalm pillar is okay but requires you to have a charge, which you don't always have, and the inputs for it make it something you can't really mash out, you have to actually know what you're doing, and honestly who has time for that. I also think that while she has good neutral and lands hits easily, she has trouble staying in and continuing pressure without an assist backing her up (relative to characters like Painwheel or Filia).

2. Probably either Parasoul/Double (L Hornet Bomber)/Filia (Updo) or Parasoul/Cerebella (Cerecopter)/Filia (Updo).

3. I think this is actually the team I have above, Parasoul/Double/Filia, which also answers your #4.

5. Kind of a boring answer but I'm gonna say Napalm Pillar. I think invincible uppercut assists are currently the best thing in the game right now.

It's not even do much the act of having to charge as much as it is your opponent knows you are probably holding down, IMO. Takes a while to learn where you can charge it without getting over headed for free

It's not even do much the act of having to charge as much as it is your opponent knows you are probably holding down, IMO. Takes a while to learn where you can charge it without getting over headed for free
Sheeeit, I never even though about that...

I just bought the ps3 version today and I've pretty much settled on double and cerebella as partners. I'm thinking mk butt and cerecopter for assists. Does anyone think that's good? And want to share any tech?

copter is a safe choice for lockdown. Which hornet bomber you use is kinda dependent on what you want out of an assist. I prefer light, as it's the most invulnerable, but you kinda have to make the judgement for yourself

I just bought the ps3 version today and I've pretty much settled on double and cerebella as partners. I'm thinking mk butt and cerecopter for assists. Does anyone think that's good? And want to share any tech?
Para / Bella / Double is my exact party setup. Cerecopter and Hornet Bomber are both very good assists for combo extensions and lockdown. It's important to note that they cover different areas: Cerecopter covers a very tall space compared to Bomber, which helps a bunch when you're Napalm zoning, and particularly when you're playing a jump-happy Peacock. It's pretty standard for Bella, although I run Diamond Drop for the reset potential. Want some secret tech? LP or MK into Diamond Drop assist can't be escaped by holding up-back, and is safe against mashing and reversals. And you WILL get mashed against if you play Parasoul.

As for Bomber, I usually run LK. LK and MK both have invulnerability during startup, but the LK version is invulnerable through active frames, whereas the MK version is vulnerable until active frames, meaning it trades. As an assist though, that doesn't really matter. LK is shorter-ranged and better for lockdown pressure, as it doesn't push your opponent back as far, but MK has better utility as a keep-away thanks to its range. Usually I don't recommend the HK version at all, as Parasoul has trouble chasing after the thing since HK Bomber Assist into Egret Charge is super-iffy, now, but Bella can HK Tumbling Run~Pummel Horse for massive corner carrying shenanigans, so that might be an option, too, especially since Cerecopter is already covering your pressure assist.

So it seems like lk butt is used as a lockdown / reversal while mk butt is used for zoning? I'll have to find what I like first and make a decision based on that.

What about team order? I figured double / cerebellar with command grab assist or cerecopter would be better. Double would have left right mixups into a hit or Free pressure or could reset with diamond drop. On the other hand, it seems running with Bella and calling double can help her beat zoning, and it would lead to corner pressure. What are your opinions?

I haven't played with LnL since before SDE; maybe I should check that out... And @IsaVulpes, do you think Bella makes for a stronger anchor than Double? I'm still waiting for SQG to hit consoles, so I haven't played with the changes, yet...

@shadow0x0cloud, between Double / Bella [Copter / Drop] and Bella / Double [L/M Bomber], I think Bella benefits more from Bomber than Double benefits from Copter and Drop. Bella's main hurdle is closing the distance against faster characters and Peacock, and Bomber will keep your opponent still long enough to get up and apply your low / throw mixup. Double, on the other hand, can Bomber or Luger into Cat Heads and casually walk forward by herself. I usually pick my order based on who I'm most comfortable playing solo at the end.

Fleshstep+Assist mixups and the lack of endless Catheads make me believe that Double wants an assist now, yes.
I play neither Double nor Bella though and am purely going by what I feel more threatened by when fighting it.

double is also a better dhc option than bella, so i'd go ps/db/cb. napalm shot is a good assist for both of them as well.

The only thing i was worried about after playing was getting in vs. Peacock. I found lnl helps me much more than mk bomber in stopping peacock from zoning, but that just might be my underdeveloped neutral game.

Overall though, I might stick with para/Bella/double. I like how cerecopter assist really helps with lockdown, while bomber can keep people at bay while I toss out tears.

As for dhc, p/d/c is better, but I can always do bikes to showstopper whiff (or do a mixup and catch them trying to block) and a combo from sniper

Last edited:
For the Para / Bella DHC, I always go with Silent Scope into Showstopper whiff. It avoids the early severe proration of DHCing out of Motor Brigade or into Cat Heads, and saves the pink bounce.

Is it possible for you to cancel scope into showstopper quick enough for you to get the grab and not the assist?

And as an aside, is there a thread where I can ask for some ps3 matches. Its hard to get better when no one plays the game.

@shadow0x0cloud With Parasoul, you can end in HP HP MPShot xx Silent Scope and mash Showstopper. Bella pops out as the shot connects and you can link a 2MP before they fully crumple.

And to your aside, I play the PS3 version constantly. I can show you my team, if you'd like. PSN ID: Emuchu

I just tested and on block at point blank range you can do sniper then immediate dhc to ultimate showstopper. Your opponent can jump after the super freeze but the sniper stops your opponent from punishing you.

And yeah I played you for a little and got bodied. My psn is were-wulf I sent you a friend request.

I just tested and on block at point blank range you can do sniper then immediate dhc to ultimate showstopper. Your opponent can jump after the super freeze but the sniper stops your opponent from punishing you.

And yeah I played you for a little and got bodied. My psn is were-wulf I sent you a friend request.
Oh, shoot, that was you? Sorry I left so quickly, my roommate and I went out shopping.

I was actually talking about using Showstopper whiff mid-combo. Although a cool trick I picked up from TJGamer is to use Motor Brigade from a close range and cancel it into Showstopper if you think they'll try to block the bikes. Defensively speaking, I tend not to DHC to Bella unless I'm going for grab tricks.

As some of you know, I play Para|LShot/Bella|HRun/[???] (usually Double/LButt or HButt or Squigly/DnB or Arpeggio, or whoever else, or BB. And I like MGR for Bella assist sometimes because I'm wacky.)

I, as a Para on point player, suffer when Fortune gets in. Converting off battle butt IS hard, but goodness does it help tell somebody to fuck off, and sometimes I just need to do that. I use my own reversals and battle butt may be quick but sometimes it's just enough to act as a pseudo-lockdown for me in the form of a distracting armored meat-shield.

Also, LButt is great, I never could utilize MButt, but then I turn on dat HButt and remember what it's like to have -fast- zoning capability. However, I really wish I had something else, and I'm HEAVILY considering Cilia Slide because of the long range low confirms you can get off it, which could help Parasoul get back in from a distance when she's pushblocked out of her pressure. Of course, a good lockdown can do this too, but it feels pretty sweet to catch people PBing and holding up back.

Fugazi and Titan Knuckle feel.. worthless? Even trying to just use them for damage. I like them as assist, but not for Parasoul.

As for fixing her air weaknesses, I guess Updo? I don't know, I just try to block and tech all the air BS. And keep hella tears around. And also dominate the air myself. But assists? I dunno.

tldr

Weakness: getting people OUT when the pressure is too strong (your DP gets jumped too much too etc) and getting back IN once they decide to play keepaway with their life lead.

Solution: a GTFO assist and your own determination. Possibly a GTFI assist, Cilia Slide, MGR, George's day out (does everything, love that little bomb), DnB through lockdown properties, Arpeggio through lockdown properties (although less).

George's day out and Updo.

The bomb really increases her mix-up capabilities and pressure at the same time. It also capitalizes on the opponent's screwing up, as do her planted tears on screen. It's like a multiplier for her greatness, imo. The other bomb assists are cool too, and I see what you mean about HBomb, but the speed and trajectory of LBomb really makes Parasoul.. well, annoying. IMO.

Updo because everybody benefits from a good DP assist and this one covers the weak spot in her point DP, which is good in itself. I think you can live without it by being more cautious, but you can also live with it and not give a fuck because call updo. I'm not just trying to give an updo speech here either or etc etc I just really think it's her other best assist choice. People love capitalizing on a DP happy Parasoul and Updo can fuck that up. Of course, they can bait that, but you're Parasoul. Counter bait it? Throw some tears, call dat updo, throw out a bike. Let them attack Filia. Then go in.

Para/Filia/Double

You get Para on point, you get a strong assist lockdown or DP through Filia, and again through Double.
Double is one of the strongest anchors, if not the strongest.
Filia with meter is horrifying.

You get powerful DHCs for damage through Para > Filia, safe DHCs to Double if she's secondary and whoever else is on screen at the time, safe DHCs all around for Filia if you put her out. If Double dies, you still have Filia. If Filia dies, you still have Double. Filia is probably second best anchor to Double.

If Filia and Double die, Parasoul can do some shit if you're determined.

Para/Filia/Double

Whoops. I forgot this one and wrote the first one, but looking over them both, that's still the answer. I'm not saying there's not great teams where Para isn't on point, I think she makes a solid anchor for the determined EX-Solo-Parasoul who has enough skill under their belt. But the best team with Para is the best team. Also my opinions are subject to change, especially since the game changes. This is just how I feel uhh at 10:40 PM at night while I'm reading and trying to reply to this and I'm pulling all this out of my head yeah.

- Of the assist options which I listed at point [2.3]? Usable? Good? Garbage?

1. Yeah any LNL can be great.
  2. HRun is not considered that great, I think, but I listed why I like it. Also the damage. And converting isn't too hard if you're near a corner! And you CAN convert midscreen. Everyone reading this, pay attention! HARD to convert from, not IMPOSSIBLE. Just HARD.
  3. Copter is God. Really it is. I'm a special snowflake who doesn't use it because I'm bad at converting off it even though it's God. Also, I don't trust the vacuum. It does things.
  4. why did my text get small, ok google chrome spellcheck.
  5. You have my thoughts on MButt sort of, I'm bad with it. But it's good. Probably the best butt for Para looking to do it the OG way.
  6. L/MUpdo I'll leave to you, I don't know much about them.
  7. Painwheel nail assist? Hell yeah. Those are awesome. I approve. I like the pinion dash M admittedly though. And there's a crouching one.. cMP? Seems damn good. I see it with Parasouls on point with Painwheel in back. It's a spinning bladed wheel lockdown thing. I may have the move wrong.
  8. Yes I like HGeorge.
  9. Item Drop? For Parasoul.. I guess H is cool. I never considered it. Sounds fun to experiment with. Charge item drop is always a cool idea too if you're brave enough, I'd try integrating the crossunder + call charged item drop assists you see with Bella/Pea (Hellmouth did that right? Cool shit. Combo out of grab bag etc)
  10. Center stage? I like weird assists, I like center stage. I'm bad with it. Everyone is though, well not really, I've seen some AWESOME USE with Val on point, it allows you to basically say HEY GET OVER HERE LET ME HIT YOU LOW WHILE YOU'RE NOT PAYING ATTENTION. That could be cool for Parasoul. But Parasoul carries enough risk as it is? Not a lot, but she has to commit to a fair amount of stuff and everyone REALLY wants to use assists to protect her. But if you're into doing cool stuff.. actually, I could think of better than center stage. Maybe my imagination stucks. Save center stage antics for someone with a different moveset.
Wall of text hell yeah

So, wondering which is better, Parasol/Bella (H LnL)/PW (cr.mp) or Parasol/PW/Bella. I'm running the first team now, where Parasol is the battery, H LnL is neutral game/reset/defensive assist, cr.mp is lock-down and alpha counter. Ideally, Parasol builds meter and ends a combo with HK xx PW tag to get her out as an assist with PW in your face. Worst case, she dies and leaves me with meter for Bella/PW so I have a strong follow-up after Dynamo.

I'm wondering if there are any benefits to switching the team order to Parasol/PW/Bella. Any untapped DHC synergy or something with that order?