• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Parasoul Tips and Tricks Thread: post tips and tricks that YOU see

I, very, very frequently button dash backwards once or twice against jump ins and IAD's then use L Shot.
Or L Shot, Napalm Trigger xx Silent Scope xx DHC pick up.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact setup, but I ran into a Japanese player ( assuming ) on QM a few times like a month ago that kept doing this to me when I was playing as Painwheel against his Parasoul. Not sure how strong this is, but I figured it was worth mentioning and maybe you guys can make use of it.

Basically when I was in the corner, he would end his string in an untechable knockdown ( as I think about this, I'm really struggling to remember what he was doing exactly ) and then with Parasoul he would do a super-jump mk float and do a left/right mixup on my wakeup. If the timing is right, i'm sure you can make it a safe-jump, but regardless it's sorta tricky to know which side he'd end up.

yea honestly I don't know, this happened to me a month or two ago and its legit the only time I've ever seen it done. I figured I'd mention it in case it could spark some ideas/setups for others

Um not sure if anyone knows this, but I watched Skarmend's parasoul guide on slapfest and no one knew how to midscreen assist kill with parasoul. Case no one knows all you do is combo into her s.hk for the wallbounce. The camera only moves with the point character so wherever the point character dies is the corner for the assist therefore you can get your wallbounce. Just delay s.hk enough so it won't true combo so you can keep your otg. Doing s.lk twice into s.mk twice pops the assist higher making it easier to do this.

Reactions: Datagram
sHK wallbounce is a midscreen

Yes, I was one of the first to do the sHK wallbounce combo, and my opinion is it's nice, and its fast, and it works, but you have to get the wall to form, and that doesn't always happen fast enough.

Guys, the freakin' doublesnap works midscreen.. come on.
This is your midscreen.

cLK cMK cHP jump (cross up the body, delay to uncombo) jHP blue bounce cLK cMK cHP etc..
That.. that's it. You don't even need the wall to form. Even if they fall behind you, cMK hits from behind.. and cHP does too, IIRC?

Alternate between which ever one works for you.

Also, on the sHK version, Krakey D found the best method is to uncombo twice, then combo into sMP to detonate two tears for one loop because it does a lot of damage, then back into 2 more uncombos, etc

edit:

its also worth noting if you want to be fancy, at least half her ground and air normals that matter in this stuff hit from behind too. jMP and jMK, all that. you can crossunder from them into sLP for some badly scaled juggling.

Yes, I was one of the first to do the sHK wallbounce combo, and my opinion is it's nice, and its fast, and it works, but you have to get the wall to form, and that doesn't always happen fast enough.

Guys, the freakin' doublesnap works midscreen.. come on.
This is your midscreen.

cLK cMK cHP jump (cross up the body, delay to uncombo) jHP blue bounce cLK cMK cHP etc..
That.. that's it. You don't even need the wall to form. Even if they fall behind you, cMK hits from behind.. and cHP does too, IIRC?

Alternate between which ever one works for you.

Also, on the sHK version, Krakey D found the best method is to uncombo twice, then combo into sMP to detonate two tears for one loop because it does a lot of damage, then back into 2 more uncombos, etc

edit:

its also worth noting if you want to be fancy, at least half her ground and air normals that matter in this stuff hit from behind too. jMP and jMK, all that. you can crossunder from them into sLP for some badly scaled juggling.
you can also replace the s.hk midscreen if you feel like the bounce won't work with the b.hk to go for ground bounce instead. But in what situation could it be hard to get the wall bounce? I've yet to be in this situation.

Reactions: gllt
you can also replace the s.hk midscreen if you feel like the bounce won't work with the b.hk to go for ground bounce instead. But in what situation could it be hard to get the wall bounce? I've yet to be in this situation.

The wall takes a second to form, I've tried to start the sHK midscreen and have it push them past where the boundary would be, and I didn't get anything. I've done that at least 3 times.

We went over Midscreen Assist kills in the combo thread already, so I assumed most everyone had one by now. I guess since there's no compendium yet its not listed anywhere easily.

sHK in Midscreen Asisst kills is completely unreliable when you factor in that you can still be hitting the point character depending on how the point died and your own combo. Sometimes the point will just land and make it easy, but if you're already comboing the point then it messes up with you use sHK, and while you can just do a delayed jHP to guarantee the point to fall out, at that point you might as well do the Midscreen assist kill that I do. Not to mention all the ways to get an uncombo into sHK are harder than what mine does anyways. sHK is good for swag but I wouldn't recommend it as a go-to assist kill.

Using bHK doesn't seem like a bad idea, so there's probably something there, I just use my own since it's a lot easier to remember since it's basically the doublesnap.

cMK doesn't hit from behind, or at least during a midscreen assist kill it often times won't. cHP does though and it's what I use in my assist kill, which I guess I'll just C/P it again.

This works on every character except Squiggly and Painwheel. It should be noted that the timing on Double is slightly faster paced on the jHP, and the timing on Val needs to be slightly longer on the jHP. Val is slightly finicky in general so you have to be precise on her. For Painwheel, you can just add a sMKx1 after the cLK and the assist kill should work fine. Squiggly needs a minor variation I tried below.

There are 2 notes about how to do this assist kill:
1. Delay the jump cancel jHP after the launcher. You have to do it so that you cross over the point character with a rising jHP that still faces the direction of the assist. It sounds a bit unintuitive, but once you see the timing for it you can nail it down regularly.

2. Picking up the assist when behind you. When you cross over with a jHP and land with a cLK, the assist can be either in front or behind you. If in front, then you can just repeat, but if behind you, you have to react with just doing cLK cHP and wait for the assist on the way down and catch again with another Light button. Once you know there are 2 situations to look for, you can react to either one easily.

This is the same assist kill but on double since idk I was bored and thought maybe people would want to see the faster timing.

This is a Squiggly Assist kill.

The thing to note about it is that when you cross over, you don't have to delay after the launcher for the jHP like in the other ones, you can immediately jump cancel and still hit with jHP from behind.

I also like Lux's; it seems not too hard though apparently its weird on different characters.

@fenster
Well I assumed when anyone talks about midscreen assist kills, they always start it off for when the point is no longer targetable. The wall forms when the point can't be hit anymore which is a.) you killed them while they were in a grounded state, B.) they transitioned from an airborne state into a grounded none otg state or C.) ips/undizzy triggered. If they died on the ground, you can instantly go for the s.hk. If they died in the air, you have to transition them to ground state while keeping the assist from touching the ground (which with parasoul at least is very easy) and when the point can no longer be hit you can proceed to s.hk. Your midscreen assist kill is good too, I just don't think you should write off s.hk for the reason you listed.

Ok, cMK hitting from behind is Double's version of the move then, sorry!

Actually, you can just do Egret Dive on the second set of lasers (not even PBGC) and just sj jMK Float over jHP on the way down and punish peacock from just slightly under everywhere on screen. Not exactly fullscreen, but about the distance of 1 sHPx1 away from fullscreen so its super close. Another FYI, if it's fullscreen and you don't or can't spend meter and you're willing to take the damage of the second set of lasers, PBGC Egret Charge catches Peacock and you can still dash and pick up, you'll do more damage than she did to you with the CH combo (though leaves you very vulnerable to the DHCs that travel like Gregor).

Last edited:
Not sure how much this helps but if you happy b-day someone do not use l shot but use napalm quake. I know with certain assist you can convert easily. I'm not sure if quake into shot converts on both assist and point tho

Not sure how much this helps but if you happy b-day someone do not use l shot but use napalm quake. I know with certain assist you can convert easily. I'm not sure if quake into shot converts on both assist and point tho

Yeah!

Actually, you can just do Egret Dive on the second set of lasers (not even PBGC) and just sj jMK Float over jHP on the way down and punish peacock from just slightly under everywhere on screen. Not exactly fullscreen, but about the distance of 1 sHPx1 away from fullscreen so its super close. Another FYI, if it's fullscreen and you don't or can't spend meter and you're willing to take the damage of the second set of lasers, PBGC Egret Charge catches Peacock and you can still dash and pick up, you'll do more damage than she did to you with the CH combo (though leaves you very vulnerable to the DHCs that travel like Gregor).
Yeah, you can float, JHK, tear toss etc etc, there's a lot of ways to fly around in the air.
I used JHK in this video but JMK can be used to float as well.

Also I completely forgot about PBGC H Egret from fullscreen.
Thank you very much, I added it to the description in caps so hopefully it's noticeable.

I forgot to post this last night. Credit to @Brail for discovering it (on accident). If you end a combo in sweep xx m tear (hold), you get a perfect tech chase. If they tech backwards you do a trigger to detonate and either tag them or at least put them in block stun for a bit. If they tech forwards, they (generally) cross themselves up on you and have to eat a meat low short or whatever you do.

there's another bike combo that works on all lights. It does a jumping light tear, s.mp, b.hk to get the pickup. I think it's in the combo thread somewhere.

C.LK C.MK S.HPx2 LP Tear S.MP B.HK works on erryone in the gawt dat game cept Big Band.

But just like touch BB's dick bb its k.

Does BB still have a dick? I'd figure he's in Squigly's camp

Just some things I came up with while I was looking for an easier midscreen BNB tech with my team. A lot of ideas here are pretty basic and redundant (I'm not very creative) but hopefully this vid gives you guys some ideas.

I found this roll tech on Eliza:

Not sure if it counts, but enjoy!

So it's a very tight timing window to get a backwards 2MK, if you space the 2HK far enough away from the corner? :S

I'm not sure I understand it.

Seems like it would make a lot more sense to just 5LK/2LK once they cross over you, which works on every character from more ranges.

So it's a very tight timing window to get a backwards 2MK, if you space the 2HK far enough away from the corner? :S

I'm not sure I understand it.

Seems like it would make a lot more sense to just 5LK/2LK once they cross over you, which works on every character from more ranges.

Sorry I didn't explain it any better, it actually works on a midscreen if you use j hp while moving backwards and Eliza techs forwqrd, and yea thats the sole purpose of it, i forgot to mention its pretty much for tricking your opponent and its actually not practical at all, and any other tech would be much better, rendering this one pretty useless. =P I just thought that it would be fun sharing it, if its not appropriate at all i can remove it if you want.

Reactions: skull person
Sorry I didn't explain it any better, it actually works on a midscreen if you use j hp while moving backwards and Eliza techs forwqrd, and yea thats the sole purpose of it, i forgot to mention its pretty much for tricking your opponent and its actually not practical at all, and any other tech would be much better, rendering this one pretty useless. =P I just thought that it would be fun sharing it, if its not appropriate at all i can remove it if you want.
Oh no it's fine I just thought I might be missing a deeper application!

Tech is tech no matter how small really.

Here's this horribly edited video with a universal corner tech:

Avoid using lK tear, it works just fine in some chars but MK is much better and universal.
Double is very annoying to air grab so you'll probably have to delay into ground throw(or other resets)
BB is immune to HK tear but otherwise his hhuuge hitbox makes it pretttyy easy to reset with LK and MK tears.
Thousand sorries for the editing mistakes throughout the video ;_;
And remember, you can do any reset you want. I just do grabs so i can demonstrate better.

annd can we post more para things? I'm getting scared cause we haven't been getting many posts in parasoul subforum lately. :v

Reactions: gllt
Hi. Just here to say with Parasoul/Beowulf you can Napalm Pillar-Snipershot-DHC-Arm fast enough for arm to hit first then sniper shot to crumple allowing Beowulf to pick up with cr.mk. DHC timing is tight though. Works on everyone.

Hello! I'm not sure where stuff like this should go, but i leave it here...

What's the setup if the opponent techs?

What's the setup if the opponent techs?
You can't tech.
If you tech you get burst.

It's burst hard knock down.

As long as you have OTG left you can't tech left right on an Undizzy / IPS hit if it was a knockdown that allows teching.
I messed one of those combos up in the video above and used OTG but I showed the fixed versions in the description.

Filia's for example is

sHP
jHK ADC
jLK jMP [Restand]
sLP sHP
jHK ADC Backwards.

Sets up a hard knockdown to easily to cross up jHK or IAD whiff air throw fake out go low yada yada
whatever you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Triblue
Why do you do the j.mp after dropping the tear?