• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Parasoul's Outdated Old Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsaVulpes

Just Throw
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ms. Fortune Filia Double
I disagree with that other thread becoming the combo thread, for reasons.
It's already completely unsorted and I don't think the OP is gonna bother updating it - he made quick guides for all chars, he's not actually a PSoul player.

I just opened this quick, but will update it later and get a proper starting post in here with explanations and stuffs.

For now, just a quick drop:
Keninblack is Low Tier :p

j.HP, s.HP,HP xx Napalm Shot xx Sniper, Sweep. Best combo, hope you like it :)

^this guy. Anyways, a copypasta from me in the other thread. Easy mid-screen for the newbies such as myself:

j.HP, cr.LK, cr.MK, cr.HP, j.LP, j.LK, j.MK, j.HP, cr.MK, cr.HP, j.MP, j.HP, j.HK, s.LP(2), s.MP, s.HP(2) xx LP Shot, s.LK(2), s.MP, s.HP(2) xx MP Shot xx Sniper, cr.HK xx LK Toss.

Does 7020 damage and is fairly easy to do. Of course a few notes: 1) Works on Filia so far (haven't tested anyone else yet) 2) The LK Toss at the end doesn't combo, but it does create a nice environment for mixups and the like.

Edit: Before the s.LP chain into the first NS, a s.MP chain into LS could also fit in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flurp Sensei
Corner combo for heavies (works on at least Parasoul, Bella, and Double)
2lk > 5mp > 2hp > j.mp > j.hp > tear toss L > j.hp > 5mp > 5hphp > shot L > (slight delay, no delay for double) 5lp > 5mkmk > 5hk > tear toss M > j.lk > j.hp > tear toss L while falling (omit on Double for easy execution)> land > j.lp > j.lk > j.mp > land > j.mk > j.hk > 5lklk > 5mkmk > 5hphp > napalm pillar > scope

7724 damage

edited because I found more damage

edited again because if you do M or H tear toss at the beginning (so that it doesn't knock them up), this combo also works on lights for 7553 damage

More Stuff: If you omit the tear toss L while falling after the j.lk > j.hp, the combo loses about 100 damage but becomes much easier to execute vs. Double. If she restands during the first part of the combo, you pretty much have to do it this way.

Last edited:
Corner combo for heavies (works on at least Parasoul, Bella, and Double)
2lk > 5mp > 2hp > j.mp > j.hp > tear toss L > j.hp > 5mp > 5hphp > shot L > (slight delay, no delay for double) 5lp > 5mkmk > 5hk > tear toss M > j.lk > j.hp > tear toss L while falling (omit on Double for easy execution)> land > j.lp > j.lk > j.mp > land > j.mk > j.hk > 5lklk > 5mkmk > 5hphp > napalm pillar > scope
Hey Skiller you should record the combo! I'm more of a visual learner myself, and a video of the combo would be awesome!

If you can't well that's ok as well. I'll learn it one way or another.

It can be started with any move, but j.HP with forward dash covers almost full screen. Just saying.

Last edited:
slightly easier version of isa's midcreen, for slightly less damage. works on everyone, except pretty hard to land consistently on double, so i do a slight variation for her.

{Whatevsssss} ~ lk ~ mk ~ mk ~ 2hp ~ j.lk ~ j.hp xx lk tear ~ j.hp ~ mp ~ 4hk xx hk tear ~ (dash jump) ~ j.lp ~ j.lk ~ j.hp xx hk tear (land) ~ j.mk ~ j.hk ~ lk ~ mp ~ hp ~ hp xx lk shot ~ lp ~ mp xx egret cancel ~ mk ~ mk ~ hp ~ hp xx pillar xx bikes

the double variation if you have trouble landing it consistently is : {Whatevsssss} ~ lk ~ mk ~ mk ~ 2hp ~ j.lk ~ j.hp xx lk tear ~ j.hp ~ mp ~ 4hk xx mk tear ~ (dash jump) ~ j.lp ~ j.lk ~ j.mp xx hk tear (land) ~ j.mk ~ j.hk ~ lk ~ mp ~ hp ~ hp xx lk shot ~ lp ~ mp xx egret cancel ~ mk ~ mk ~ hp ~ hp xx pillar xx bikes

does >7k depending on how somethings hit on certain characters, corner carries rather nicely, and the 2 j.hk restands mean lots of mix up potential (along with all the other stuffs, tears in the air = happy times for me and you)

Last edited:
also, just figured out you can sneak an extra drop in there after the second j.hk, so that it looks like:

{Whatevsssss} ~ lk ~ mk ~ mk ~ 2hp ~ j.lk ~ j.hp xx lk tear ~ j.hp ~ mp ~ 4hk xx hk tear ~ (dash jump) ~ j.lp ~ j.lk ~ j.hp xx hk tear (land) ~ j.mk ~ j.hk xx hk tear ~ lk ~ mp ~ hp ~ hp xx lk shot ~ lp ~ mp xx egret cancel ~ mk ~ mk ~ hp ~ hp xx pillar xx bikes

Reactions: Flurp Sensei
Hey Skiller you should record the combo! I'm more of a visual learner myself, and a video of the combo would be awesome!

If you can't well that's ok as well. I'll learn it one way or another.

I recorded it and will post it sometime tomorrow

Another char universal variation of my midscreen (as usual, annoying to hit on Bella):

c.LK s.MP c.HP
> j.LP j.HP xx L.Toss, j.HP
s.MP 4HK xx H.Toss;
Dash Jump
> j.MP j.HP xx H.Toss
Jump
> j.MK j.HK
c.MK xx M.Pillar;
s.LK(x2) c.HP
> j.LK j.MK j.HK
s.LP(x2) s.MK(x2) s.HP(x2) xx H.Pillar
-- 7324 Damage
Deals a bit less damage against chars other than Double cus either of the j.HK will hit less times
(Ender is hard to connect on Fortune, can do [s.LP(x2) c.MK s.HP(x2)] instead, as the 2nd hit of the s.MK tends to whiff)

Last edited:
I found a midscreen combo, and a corner combo which both require Cerecopter. These don't work on Double or Bella

Midscreen: 7470 meterless

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk
s.mp, s.hp~s.hp xx LP Napalm Shot
s.lp, s.mp xx LK Soldier
Dash forward, s.mk, s.hp~s.hp xx Napalm Pillar and Copter (set your assist button to mp and hk, and press that while you do the motion for pillar. It makes both come out at basically the same time)
Dash Jump, j.lk, j.mp
j.lp, j.lk, j.mp
j.mk, j.hk
s.lk, s.mk, s.hp ~ s.hp xx Napalm Pillar

Corner: 7916 damage meterless

c.lk, c.mk, s.hp ~ s.hp xx Napalm Pillar
c.mk, c.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk
s.lp, s.mp, s.hp ~ s.hp xx Napalm Pillar and Copter (set your assist button to mp and hk, and press that while you do the motion for pillar. It makes both come out at basically the same time)
Wait till copter is almost over, jump, j.lk, j.mp
j.lp, j.lk, j.mp
j.mk, j.hk
s.lk, s.mk, s.hp ~ s.hp xx Napalm Pillar

My computer usually can't handle recording stuff, but if I can record them I will! It's sort of weird to notate them IMO.

Last edited:
c.MK *c.HP* after the Pillar, I suppose

General idea of Pillars+Assist is definitely the way to go, but I don't think your airstring with the three lights is very efficient

Still digging around for stuff myself

c.MK *c.HP* after the Pillar, I suppose

General idea of Pillars+Assist is definitely the way to go, but I don't think your airstring with the three lights is very efficient

Still digging around for stuff myself
Whoops! Thanks for catching the typo xD I wrote out both with exact damages, they both go over undizzy midway through the last chain, so I don't know what to do to get more damamge without meter :( The Midscreen one is also basically a fullscreen corner carry. Like I said, I'll try and record them and post them on youtube.

And yeah, probably sub optimal, but it's the best I've come up with so far. My early renditions of my corner "Pillar Loops" were in the lower 7.4ks

Combo starter from forward throw
throw xx lp shot, dash, st.mp (detonate)~call assist, continue.
Works with silver chord, and probably plenty others if they reach far enough, since they are left so far that none of her normals will reach after the mp. This is not easy. You have to let the dash finish to get close enough to hit and detonate, and at least for silver chord, i need to plink the macro for the assist for it to connect.

Combo starter from corner throw
tear toss, c.hp (detonate) sj (wait) j.hp (restand) continue. Not sure if it leads to anything optimal, but is cool and starts off a throw combo with fierce fierce, so yay.

Combo starter from throw
Nice, 50% prorate from start.
call assist, continue.
ahem... continue with what? start button> leave the game? and what assist should i call?
This is not easy
yes, and i also doubt this is useful

K dude.
And? Not sure the point of being negative. Yes, throws scale combos. Should I not throw then?

ahem... continue with what? start button> leave the game? and what assist should i call?
You can continue with anything you like. I don't have to draw a map for you when this thread is full of combos to take from. SG combos are chunks. This is your starter, find your own path from there. I don't really have one, because I'm bad at learning full combos. I just have chunks to use, and I'm sharing.

I say "silver chord" is what I use to extend, which is the second default assist for Squigly. I then follow up with "[any assist will work] if they reach far enough." Maybe cerecopter, fiber upper, item drop, I don't know. That's why I was light on examples, because I just did it for my team. Again, sorry that I want you to figure shit out on your own.

You've never been facing the corner but not close enough where you can't reach them with lk soldier, dash after a throw? The utility may be rare, but it's usefulness is pretty obvious.

I've cleaned up this thread due to multiple complaints. Keep it on-topic, and keep it clean.

What's with the negativity man? When I read this I wasn't sure if you two knew each other and just jokingly shit on each other for humorous effect. If that's the case then whatever, but if it isn't then I feel like that kind of attitude just isn't welcome around here. I'm not going to get into it too much though; all I'm going to say is if your goal was to look like an unappreciative lazy jerk, then well done you've succeeded.

Anyways, to stay on topic:

Does anybody have any advice for the timing of landing j.hp xx lk tear ~ j.hp after a launcher? I feel like I can only do it consistently if I do a j.mp before it. Most of the combos I've seen however use j.mk or j.lp for the sake of saving j.mp for later in the combo. However, I find the second j.hp(or sometimes even the first) to be inconsistent for me. I've tried different timings but I'm not sure which works best and was just wondering if anybody had any advice for landing it more often. Thanks. Also good stuff on this thread from everybody!

The isa combo starter is reminding me of double barrel loops. Very sweet find isa. I think this combo will make me want to play parasoul as my point character on my trio team.
@IsaVulpes
1 question cause I don't yet have the combo down:

Why use the st.mp in the starter instead of cr.mk? I've gotten all the way up to the 2nd st.mp into the back plus hk fine with using a cr.lk,cr.mk,cr.hp starter and cr.mk does more damage than st.mp as well as the entire combo is done from crouching making it functionally easier. The only thing I can see really putting st.mp over cr.mk is for when cr.lk hits otg? After that I'm out of ideas why to use st.mp so could someone enlighten me?

s.MP makes you take a step forward. There are a bunch of ranges where
1) c.LK c.MK c.HP will have the c.HP whiff, while c.LK s.MP c.HP connects
2) c.LK c.MK c.HP > X will have the j.normal whiff, while c.LK s.MP c.HP > X connects

Also if you have placed a tear next to the opponent,
c.LK c.MK c.HP will have the c.HP detonate the tear which causes launch to not work,
while c.LK s.MP c.HP will have the s.MP detonate the tear which means the launch works no problem.

I don't think it matters all too much, but I also did not find the s.MP string too hard and the benefits outweigh the damage loss imo.
If you don't mind these issues, use c.MK - everyone other than me does, so it's not too bad :P .

Last edited:
s.MP makes you take a step forward. There are a bunch of ranges where
1) c.LK c.MK c.HP will have the c.HP whiff, while c.LK s.MP c.HP connects
2) c.LK c.MK c.HP > X will have the j.normal whiff, while c.LK s.MP c.HP > X connects

Also if you have placed a tear next to the opponent,
c.LK c.MK c.HP will have the c.HP detonate the tear which causes launch to not work,
while c.LK s.MP c.HP will have the s.MP detonate the tear which means the launch works no problem.

I don't think it matters all too much, but I also did not find the s.MP string too hard and the benefits outweigh the damage loss imo.
If you don't mind these issues, use c.MK - everyone other than me does, so it's not too bad :P .

Those are EXCELLENT reasons so I will be using the st.mp starter as well... You had me at "moar range" but added on the evidence for further good points. Thank you , that was exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

Figured I'd make some ezpz execution tear toss combos + one that works if you start near the corner. Still need to work with my Bella one so that'll come later.

Midscreen (also works if you start near the corner)

Midscreen (if you start near the corner and you want extra damage; always do this one on double if you start near the corner )

Double Midscreen

This one should do for bella. As with the other combos (except one of the Double ones), works even when started near the corner.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
I'm surprised the Motorcade does more damage than Sniper at the end. I'd figure damage scaling would make the single hit better

I'm surprised the Motorcade does more damage than Sniper at the end. I'd figure damage scaling would make the single hit better

Right? I don't get it lol

Bikes deal more damage than Sniper because they deal *way way* more damage unscaled.

Sniper is a single 1500 damage shot, scaled to 27.5% = 412
Bikes are six 380 damage hits (in an unscaled world = 2280), scaled to 20% = 456

HOWEVER, as you can see this is fairly close. A single Bike is 76 damage, so five Bike hits are = 380.
Meaning: If just one Bike doesn't hit (-and usually there will be only 2-3 hitting, because Bikes are ass-), Sniper deals more damage.

Read: While Bike is better in an ideal scenario, said ideal scenario almost never happens, so use Snipe.
Or better: Don't use any super to end Parasoul's combos. All of 412, 456, 380, whatever are absolutely ass damage values for a bar.

Reactions: Icky
If you ever want to use meter at the end of a Parasoul combo it better ensure a kill, or be for a DHC to get Parasoul out for some good reason. When you want to use meter just reset instead

Reactions: Sergeoff
any help would be greatly appreciated, but what exactly is the timing on this tear combos after you (launch)..mp > hp> lk tear~j.hp?? I've been trying everything, watching lots of vids and im fairly competent when it comes to picking up combos..but this seems so odd. I've varied timings, ive been on this for a few hours now trying to figure this out..SOS somebody..and "just mash" isnt going to cut it lol I've been doing that too!!

You want the first hits to come out quickly and the tear with them, then get the last hp out as fast as possible, which is tighter but very doable. Just mashing is sort of the way to get it. Just make the first hits come out quick and youll have enough time to get the hp out.

I've having way more trouble with the b.HK xx tear, dash jump. As long as your j.MP hits on the way up, you have plenty of time to hit the j.HP xx lk Tear, j.HP

Thanks guys for the reply's, I did however notice one thing when i was playing the game. I was playing it on the PC and noticed that it does work and it is very much doable. But when i was trying the same combo on the 360 version, its just like it doesnt come out and im using the same timing on the PC version. So I can only assume since the 360 console version hasnt been patched that might be part of the reason..im going to try it again today just to make sure but yea, its uber hard.

And yes..a lil mashing was in order at first to get the timing lol

Nothing of these combos works on consoles, and the missing patch is not "part of" the reason, but the entire one.
You can't cancel the recovery of AirToss into normals on consoles, so it ain't working.

thank you for that reply again sir i def appreciate it, that sucks..its like i end up practicing stuff that i cant use because i cant find anyone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.