• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Parasoul's Outdated Old Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're in the corner, does it make a difference which tear toss you use?

yes you need to do light and do it as late as possible

Does the MK detonate do more damage than pillar, or do they go invulnerable if you pillar?

mk is actually a hit and not a detonate (lk is the detonate). the reason to use mk (napalm quake) is to do an optimal hit while keeping them on the ground. this is usually followed up with a scope and, since they are on the ground crumpling, from this you can do either a 4hk into tear tosses (and then restart pressure) or a dhc (keeping them on the ground is optimal in my case because I can do some catheads burst bait/reset stuff or lvl 3 which wouldn't work if I did pillar). Your option for more damage is to napalm pillar into bikes, but you cant do anything to follow it up other than a dhc for more damage. Do this if you know it will kill, but otherwise you have more utility by using the napalm quake scope route.

Reactions: Icky and IsaVulpes
I was wondering since i've been paruzzing the Parasoul combo thread if anyone has any notes to any of these vids in this thread or have any combos that they'd like to post for a new PS user. Jw because Im the type that likes to see things written out (not that numerical notation even thou i do know it lol) and also have the vids on deck..any help would be greatly appreciated. It just seems that most of the combos posted also are in the corner..

Lucky for you, I keep a notepad full of notations for the combos I either use or am trying to learn. The first 2 are simple ones that i figured out when i first started playing parasoul. They're hardly optimized, but they're easy. I haven't used them much recently, but they're somewhere around 6 or 7k damage. First one for lights, second for heavies. The last 2 are universal and are happily stolen from Skriller.

parasoul combos
cr.lk, cr.mk, s.hpx2 xx mp Napalm Shot xx Sniper Shot
dash, cr.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk
s.mk, s.hpx2 xx lp Napalm Shot, s.lpx2, s.mkx2, s.hk xx mk Napalm Tear
j.lk, j.hp
j.lp, j.lk, j.mp
j.mk, j.hk
s.lkx2, s.mp, s.hpx2 xx napalm pillar
That's around 7k

c.lk, c.mk, s.hpx2 xx MP Napalm Shot xx Sniper Shot,
dash forward, s.mkx2, c.hp,
j.mp, j.hp, j.hk,
s.lkx2, s.mp, s.hpx2 xx LP Napalm Shot,
s.lpx2, s.mp, s.hpx2 xx Napalm Pillar

c.LK s.MP c.HP
> j.LP j.HP xx L.Toss, j.HP
s.MP 4HK xx H.Toss;
Dash Jump
> j.MP j.HP xx H.Toss
Jump
> j.MK j.HK
c.MK xx M.Pillar;
s.LK(x2) c.HP
> j.LK j.MK j.HK
s.LP(x2) s.MK(x2) s.HP(x2) xx H.Pillar
-- 7324 Damage

if carries to corner:
>j.MK, j.HK
s.MK x2, s.HP x2 xx lp Shot
s.LK x2, s.MP, s.HP x2 xx lp Shot
s.LP x2, s.MP, s.HP x2 xx Pillar

corner
LP, MP, c.HP
>j.MP, j.HP xx lk tear, j.HP
c.HP xx lk tear
s.MP, b.HK xx RC
>j.MK, j.HK
s.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx lp shot
s.lk x2, s.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx lp shot
s.lp x2, s.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx mk pillar xx sniper

I was wondering since i've been paruzzing the Parasoul combo thread if anyone has any notes to any of these vids in this thread or have any combos that they'd like to post for a new PS user. Jw because Im the type that likes to see things written out (not that numerical notation even thou i do know it lol) and also have the vids on deck..any help would be greatly appreciated. It just seems that most of the combos posted also are in the corner..

Eventually I will finish my combo vids which will have almost everything you need and it'll have notation (probably)...but I don't have have the time or patience to notate all of my vids right now. I see that alexpi posted notation which corresponds one of the ones I posted yesterday so that's good. If you see a bunch of corner ones, that is because there hasn't been as much reason to post new midscreens because there has been more of a necessity to find more optimal and universal corner combos, but if you look at the first page under one of my posts, I posted like 4 or 5 vids at once and that's where most of the midscreens I posted are--though alexpi also posted isa_vulpes's universal midscreen in the post above so you can pick and choose which combos you want to learn (there are advantages to each and I will go over them with you if you'd like). Also I will note that you will need to make sure you have a combo that works off of a hit where the ground bounce is already used. I can link the ones I use in a bit or you can use the ones posted above. Basically, to play parasoul so that you can handle any situation, you have to learn quite a few combos.

Sorry for the wall of text but I don't feel like thinking about organization right now

Alexpi..can I say sir that you are THE MAN lol! Thanks for that dude, im like you I got a combo tablet myself that i write things down in from various games. I also like you use Dropbox, its this program and app on the iPad that I use so I can just pull up my stuff over wifi..its pretty cool, combos on the go lol. Again thank you my friend..

And Skiller, aye also thanks for the information man I appreciate it. As you can see I tend to type quite a bit myself once I get going and yes, if possible i'd like to get together with you on Steam or something, I just picked up the PC version..I just bought the console version 2 weeks ago not knowing the Konami situation. But yea Ive seen the stuff on the 1st page, Ill go back through it. I just gotta get to grinding and finding the timing of the loops in this game and restanding folks. So, like I was saying hmu to help me out my brotha lol

Steam : darkkalamity

On the current beta build, here are some combos

keninblack midscreen (6.8k? I forget)
(no dub, no bella)
lk, mp, hp hp, shot l, mp, b.hk, egret call l, dash, c.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk, mk mk, hp hp, shot l, lp, mp, egret call l, dash, lk lk, mk mk, napalm quake, shot, dhc

tear toss midscreen (~7.2k)
c.lk, mp, c.hp, j.mp (j.mk on bella), j.hp, toss l, j.mk, mp, b.hk, toss m, dash, j.lp, j.mp, toss h, land, j.lk, (hold f/uf)j.mk, j.hk, mk mk, hp hp, shot l, lp, mp, egret l, dash, lk lk, mk mk, hp hp, napalm quake, shot, dhc

corner (universal) (~7.2k)
c.lk, mp, c.hp, j.mp, j.hp, toss l, j.mk, c.hp, toss l, mp, b.hk, egret l, j.lp, j.mk (hold), j.hk, mk mk, hp hp, shot l, lp, mp, egret l, lk lk, mk mk, hp hp, napalm quake, shot, dhc

I'm not sure if I can greatly improve the midscreen, but I'm pretty sure I can get more out of the corner. Not gonna put too much effort in until I know what's up though.

7,497 for 1 bar, requires cerecopter, this works midscreen or in the corner, if it's midscreen it's about a 3/4 screen carry.

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp
j.mp, j.hp xx tear toss m, j.mk
s.lk, f.mp, s.hp ~ s.hp xx pillar and copter
dash jump j.lp, j.mp
j.lk, j.mk, j.hk
s.mp, s.hp ~ s.hp xx tear shot l
c.lp, f.mp, s.hp ~ s.hp xx quake xx sniper

If it didn't use up my otg immediately I'd like it, since I'm close enough to the corner to dhc into dynamo for a full bella combo. Can anyone come up with anything to change in the first air chain to make this combo still work, but keep the otg? Or am I having too much wishful thinking?

@Skiller thanks for some of the ideas for this combo by the way, I couldn't find a way to properly use my pillar/copter stuff anymore and I'm glad it looks like I won't have to ditch it :D

Edit: after playing around with this more, the Napalm quake at the end doesn't want to connect half the time, not sure why....So this combo may not even work :S
Edit 2: I think the quake not connecting is simply a timing issue, it seems like if i do it immediately after the last s.hp it will connect, but if you want even a frame or two longer it won't. So, I'd say this combo is still practical since timing doesn't feel that bad after some more tries.

Last edited:
Glad I could help with the idea

I will make something that doesn't use ground bounce but it will be completely different from the tear toss route (as it is in the current version of the game anyways). Gimme a min

edit: Okay so for non-heavies it goes like this:
c.lk, mp, c.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk, mk mk, hp hp, shot l, mp, b.hk, egret l, dash, j.lk, j.mk, j.hp, toss l (right before you land), (immediate) lp, mp, egret l, dash, lk lk, mk mk, hp hp, quake, snipe [6.5k]

Last edited:
Glad I could help with the idea

I will make something that doesn't use ground bounce but it will be completely different from the tear toss route (as it is in the current version of the game anyways). Gimme a min

edit: Okay so for non-heavies it goes like this:
c.lk, mp, c.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk, mk mk, hp hp, shot l, mp, b.hk, egret l, dash, j.lk, j.mk, j.hp, toss l (right before you land), (immediate) lp, mp, egret l, dash, lk lk, mk mk, hp hp, quake, snipe [6.5k]
Cool, I'm going to try that out and see what I can do with it :) Thanks man!

So far the heavy route sucks. I got to 6k but the combo was inconsistent on double. here's what I have for now for Double:
c.lk, mp, c.hp, (slight delay) j.lk, (very slight hold) j.mk, j. hk, mk mk, hp hp, shot l, mp, b.hk, egret l, jump forward, j.lp, (hold) j.mk, j.hp, lk, mk, hp hp, quake, snipe [~5.6k]

Bella will need to have a separate combo in this build. sighhhhhh

basically there are multiple ways to go, but the main issue is that mk mk, hp hp, shot l, lp, mp, b.hk, ..... the mp will often not cause the shot to detonate on double. I don't have any more time til way later today to mess around so idk. essentially this build is forcing me to make use of the fact that you can hold mk a lot, which is kind of cool I guess but also annoying and makes it more difficult for people to learn combos, I think.

Patch can't hold me down

Patch can't hold me down

What do you use to record? I want to upload a combo but the recorder I'm using is terrible and you can't even tell what's going on in the video.

What do you use to record? I want to upload a combo but the recorder I'm using is terrible and you can't even tell what's going on in the video.

I used to Fraps to record this.

the egret charge can be swapped out with the level 3 and still continue the combo as long as you soldier cancel out of it

im too lazy to add notation

Starting from j.HP
Are we the Filia combo thread now
*Looks at the first two posts below op*

We were always the filia combo thread

Starting from j.HP
Are we the Filia combo thread now

I don't think so. I haven't seen any posts on how to properly take advantage of American Resets.

I forgot to add that in most characters during the part where you jump in the air for the second, third, and fourth time, it's easy to grab reset, especially on the fourth jump since its so close to the ground and unexpected. Double will be too low to grab on the third and fourth jumps and Cerebella will be too low on the fourth

the egret charge can be swapped out with the level 3 and still continue the combo as long as you soldier cancel out of it

im too lazy to add notation

*ahem* the combo @ 12 seconds

Yes, this is from SDE, but it still works perfectly (I use it when I can't get a tear toss combo or if I specifically want the reset points from this combo), except now you would end it with napalm quake instead of napalm trigger.

Also, your combo, as well as the "advanced midscreen" from the video I linked, are universal, but if you tried to do it off of a green bounce or ground bounce, it will fail on Bella, Double, and sometimes Para (IIRC) because of the j.mp > j.hp > j.hk restand.

P.S. that j.hp starter is cheating if you count the damage :^)

Reactions: Icky
I thought that the j.lk, j.mp, j.lp, j.lk, j.mp, j.mk, j.hk stuff doesn't work with the lower undizzy? Or are we just looking at the current build and not the beta?

dat big band

I've moved all of Parasouls old combos using 350 Undizzy to here, and updated the combo thread with a better OP starting from the 240 Undizzy chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.