• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Peacock Assist Thread

Peacock's Air Bomb now tracks the opponent's horizontal position instead of just going the same arc every time.

Peacock's Air Bomb now tracks the opponent's horizontal position

My Painwheel approach is so fucked.

Air plane bomb is freaking niiiiiiiceeeeee

It's no old H Item Drop, but still pretty dang amazing.

My Painwheel approach is so fucked.
So far my testing has shown that Painwheel can just fly under it. It tracks a little too high so a lot of stuff whiffs if you approach low or just duck.

For Painwheel there's a nice little deadspace between airshow and boxcar's hitboxes that she's just able to sail right through at any distance. I was hoping stuff like that might have gotten tweaked a little better before the change got put into live, but I guess not.

Of course, this is obviously space that Peacock can easily control with s.HP and bang bang bang but it does at least present a narrow window of entry for Painwheel if you can time it right. Or just duck, wait for the airshow to go overhead and then try to jump and fly forward.

Last edited:
Finally got around to playing some games with Brass Knuckles assist. Shit is incredible. I feel like it's doing everything I need from Hornet Bomber but it's also armored so I can also use it when I'm getting rushed down (it's risky obviously cause you can get double snapped, but having the option is nice). If it actually hits you can get a teleport crossup similar to what you'd do off a throw. What I really like is if my back is to the corner I can do a blockstring into teleport + call assist, and as far as I can tell that's safe and gets you out of the corner. Really liking it, think I might be done with Double when this character comes out for realsies.

So, I'm running M Buer for the Bella Titan Knuckle conversion after Diamond Drop and Diamond Dynamo, I'm just having a problem figuring out how this could be useful for Peacock. Anybody have any ideas?

Peacocks who are using brass but aren't converting off of teleport assist call

Try doing j.lp or jump back j.lp in order to convert off a successful cross up assist call. Probably well known but I don't see it often enough so I'ma just throw that out there.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Peacocks who are using brass but aren't converting off of teleport assist call

Try doing j.lp or jump back j.lp in order to convert off a successful cross up assist call. Probably well known but I don't see it often enough so I'ma just throw that out there.
Didnt have any time to practice this before SCR but it is at the top of my list for things to work on when i get back home

I've been playing Filia with George's Day Out for the slow pressure. Lets me do really unsafe things with a cushion for error and it scares a lot of people into blocking my mixups. The downside is that it's really easy to jump over with an empty jump I can't punish, then we're just at neutral game, and they 90% of the time have an reversal assist to threaten me with at close range.

That's one specific case, but I'm of the opinion that in general Peacock is only suitable as a point character, so honestly I'm not too interested in her assist options LOL. If I didn't' like my team so much I would put Peacock first for sure now that I'm actually decent at this game.

Assists FOR Peacock I'm inclined to say use the Heavy version of everything. You'll want the fullscreen coverage I feel. H Brass Knuckles, H Hornet Bomber, H Lock n' Load, H Hairball, etc. As far as I know despite all the cool mixup threads for her you still want people as far away from you as possible most of the time, the exception being when you setup safe teleports to go for those mixups. All the heavy things create and make the most use of that distance. I dunno if you can define which is the most useful since that's a play style thing, but I definitely think H Hornet Bomber, and Lock n' Load/Cerecopter will typically provide the most value.

I think peacock is viable non-point. I really like the x/peacock/Filia shell. You put a battery on point, then when peacock comes in you got tons of meter for updo-> argus confirms. Or multi-argus combos, or argus->Gregor etc. And George at the Air Show is an amazing assist

There aren't really any good battery's other than peacock though. I've played characters who don't rly spend bar like parasoul or point double and I only build like 1 bar per kill. As opposed to building like 3 bars with peacock for zoning a bit then dying.

Peacock also suffers on incoming and its not really worth putting her second unless you're really confident in your point character or you have to deal with valentine. It's viable but hardly worth it I feel

There aren't really any good battery's other than peacock though. I've played characters who don't rly spend bar like parasoul or point double and I only build like 1 bar per kill. As opposed to building like 3 bars with peacock for zoning a bit then dying.

Peacock also suffers on incoming and its not really worth putting her second unless you're really confident in your point character or you have to deal with valentine. It's viable but hardly worth it I feel
Does she really suffer on incoming? She doesn't have an air super but she has a double jump and an air dash to mess up some incoming setups. Plus with the specific team we're talking about you also have call Updo + teleport to get out of the corner.

Does she really suffer on incoming? She doesn't have an air super but she has a double jump and an air dash to mess up some incoming setups. Plus with the specific team we're talking about you also have call Updo + teleport to get out of the corner.

Nah, the better incoming set-up threaten you before the character lands, so the additional aerial movement options don't really help. The only characters who have some reversal option vs incoming set-ups are the characters with air supers.

I think Peacock can be good either as a battery or as a user, so that's first or second. There are other options for a good battery (Parasol, PW), but I would put Peacock near the top easily.

In general because you don't have an air super you have to deal with pressure on incoming. Though I'm glad you mentioned her double jump and airdash being good for getting out of pressure since that's been very good to me when trying to get out of pressure. But vs parasoul or valentine for example I don't think peacock has the defensive tools to get them off her unless they make mistakes.

Relying on updo + teleport is so predictable though. I know at that point its player vs player but teleport updo kinda loses to pressure + auto correct pressure assists.

PW good battery ?.? Are we talking about the same Installmachine with a strong air super that is really bad at building meter?

She functions pretty well without needing to burn meter. You should only see install as a DHC option and air super as a reversal. She has great tools for controlling space, can convert off of everything meter-less, has very strong pressure and resets, and her most damaging combos don't require a bar, which means she generally has a lot of meter to spare. She is a good option as a battery (i.e. played on point). From experience, I have enough meter

She functions pretty well without needing to burn meter. You should only see install as a DHC option and air super as a reversal. She has great tools for controlling space, can convert off of everything meter-less, has very strong pressure and resets, and her most damaging combos don't require a bar, which means she generally has a lot of meter to spare. She is a good option as a battery (i.e. played on point). From experience, I have enough meter
I see what you're saying, but from my experience the best batteries are those who use a lot of special moves at neutral. Fortune fibers and throws her head around, Peacock bombs all day, even Parasoul and Valentine are pretty good at it when they result to zoning. PW however mostly just flies and correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that don't build meter.

Reactions: Dime
I see what you're saying, but from my experience the best batteries are those who use a lot of special moves at neutral. Fortune fibers and throws her head around, Peacock bombs all day, even Parasoul and Valentine are pretty good at it when they result to zoning. PW however mostly just flies and correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure that don't build meter.

Spacing with Nail-Flight cancels and j.mp. Pretty sure that generates more meter than w.e. Val and Fortune do before landing a hit. Then when she actually lands a hit, she doesn't need to burn any meter to convert, while Fortune and Val have to spend meter before having access to certain options (mainly, conversions off of air throws). Peacock and Parasol are probably best batteries since they have strong projectiles overall, but I would put PW at third for similar reasons.

Painwheels meter build is kinda bad. She hardly builds any meter for landing a full combo, as opposed to say cerebella who can build 1 bar or very close to it after every hit(Run stop also builds a lot of meter)
Double, Filia and Parasoul build meter slow too, but they build it much faster than painwheel via resets, and double would use gunshot way more than painwheel would use nails to build meter.

I really don't like battery painwheel. As a character who can counter mashing with the use of armor + super even if her conversions require no meter you're not only building very little but also not getting to use her best tools.

Reactions: Dime
Spacing with Nail-Flight cancels and j.mp. Pretty sure that generates more meter than w.e. Val and Fortune do before landing a hit. Then when she actually lands a hit, she doesn't need to burn any meter to convert, while Fortune and Val have to spend meter before having access to certain options (mainly, conversions off of air throws). Peacock and Parasol are probably best batteries since they have strong projectiles overall, but I would put PW at third for similar reasons.

I picked up Val specifically because PW is terrible at building meter (and dealing with Peacock) for a trio.

Painwheel is fantastically self-sufficient as far as conversions and meterless damage goes, but even point double builds meter better than painwheel.

@View619
I think you're confusing conserving meter with generating meter. Those are two different things. PW is good at conserving, but as far as generating she isn't very good. You only gain meter from whiffing specials ( normals too if you have none) or hitting the opponent. Sadly even if she does this, PW is sub-par at meter building. The best way to build meter would probably be nails, but will you really have time to charge and throw those? You could throw one and fly, but it still has really slow startup and isn't hard to dodge so therefore not good for meter build. Honestly imo Pw is worse than val at meter build and I think Parasoul is in the same boat as Val when it comes to meter build and conserving. We can at least agree that Peacock is very good at meter build but PW is much better at conserving.

Yeah, I mixed up conserving with generating. I guess it's because I always have excess meter with PW that I thought she was good at generating. In that case, it really is only Peacock who's a good battery.

When it comes to meter conserving, every character is good at it because every character can be played without using meter.

At this point in time i dont even think painwheel is all that great at meter conserving though.

My reason is because painwheel has stronger "goes into reset" combos with meter, than she has without meter. So imho painwheel is being played suboptimal if she meter conserves. And i could probably say that about most every character, so in that case i dont think any character is that great at conserving meter... I mean not when it takes sub optimality to conserve that meter.

At least in cvs2 the batter was generally a very bad user of meter and the users were much better users of meter (more damage and whatnot).

Coming back on topic

In skullgirls i often see peacock players that use her as battery, forgoing taking easy assist to argus confirms. Ive always viewed this as a mistake.

One of my playing partners used to have a much better peacock than i ever had, but i would consistently win against him. One of the biggest reasons was because he would never convert random assist hits into argus, or would wait for 2 meters so he could confirm argus into gregor.

Which is great when he managed to actually get to those 2 meters... Which wasnt that often.

The gist being that i told him to start hitconfirming everything into argus. He did... And his wins against me skyrocketed.

I mean, to me im trying to win form the word go. And conserving meter imho isnt trying to win from go, its trying to set yourself up for a win from go... But not actually trying to win. More like trying to gain meter and then go for a win i guess.

Not saying that anyone has to change their style or anything, just some food for thought i thought id mention. And finally one more case in point:

When ive played against battery peacocks in the past, most have have thrown out the battery strategy when they see that i am simply out damaging them with the argus confirms.

Can someone give me the tldr of this

BANG BANG BANG <---no
Hornets/Knuckles, connect, then pew pew pew <---yes

On topic, I like running Boxcar George assist with Squigs. Covers air and ground well if I think about when to do a falling j.hp in tandem with the assist. Also makes for style points if I fit it into my combos on the fly (which is surprisingly often).

Last edited:
Reactions: dekillsage
With Peacock

Disregard battery
Convert Argus

On topic, I like running Boxcar George assist with Squigs. Covers air and ground well if I think about when to do a falling j.hp in tandem with the assist. Also makes for style points if I fit it into my combos on the fly (which is surprisingly often).

No, what i said was quite obviously that the square route of the hypotenuse of y equals the inverse ratio to calculate z.

I however left out that the answer = n.

Sage does not deserve a satisfactory tldr. Pls edit your post sir.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
No, what i said was quite obviously that the square route of the hypotenuse of y equals the inverse ratio to calculate z.

I however left out that the answer = n.

Sage does not deserve a satisfactory tldr. Pls edit your post sir.

How's this then?

Has anyone been using center stage with peacock? I've been trying it out but it's too gimmicky for my taste. that's not to say it's bad though.

I play a rushdown Peacock at times, so yeah I'll use it occasionally(call Center Stage and George at the Air Show for instant pressure in a can). I use Silver Cord for shenanigans too, though.

I wanna play Peacock, Fukua but I'm still unsure what assist to give Fukua. What are y'alls suggestions for a beginner?

forever a clone (m) is a pretty good option because it's such a good anti air. plus its pretty safe to just throw it out since fukua herself doesn't go anywhere.

I was just wondering what thoughts of fully-charged Shadows of Impending Doom as assists are among Peacock players more experienced and decorated than myself. (For those who don't know, they're selected as an assist with a backwards quarter-circle and two punch buttons -- LP+MP for LP, MP+HP for MP, and HP+LP for HP.) It seems like something that is either a brilliant or a terrible idea, and could possibly be either depending on the use.

Personally, I've been toying around for a while with good assists for Peacock in my Peacock/Squigly team, and while I've had satisfactory results with the ol' reliable, S.HP Screwball Cannonball, I've recently begun to consider using Peacock's fully charged MP Shadow of Impending Doom as an assist -- I've got combos long enough with Squigly to hold my targets down for the full charge, and have had good results in early tests against Nightmare AIs. Of course, getting good results against Nightmare AIs means little to nothing, and the price of potentially dropping an elephant on my foes mid-combo is that I'm pretty much begging for a double-KO if my prey breaks free.

Fully charged SOID is a bad choice. Its only use is for combos and resets, which is a waste of an assist. I don't think Peacock has a good assist for Squiggly, either.

Personally, I use fully charged Shadow assist to get wicked high groundbounces after Super Sonic Jazz. I can also get some pretty stupid damage into my Cerebella combos for relatively low effort, though that may not be the Shadow carrying all that weight (since my Shadow assist combo also has a Diamond Drop, a Kanchou, and a Devil Horns in it, while my BnB has none of those). A friend of mine also uses it with Squigly and Center Stage to pack an extra 2k damage into Daisy Pusher resets, so there's that.

Theoretically, you can also use it to combo off of stuff you normally have to spend meter or have positioning in the corner for (like Valentine's air grab, Diamond Dynamo, Excellebella, Double's H. Item Crash, stuff like that), or some things you probably shouldn't be comboing from at all (e.g. Grab Bag, Death Crawl, EKG Flatliner, etc.), but you'll have to set it up mid-combo instead of using it at neutral or as a reversal. Other than that, it's pretty much just gimmicky as hell and not at all practical.

In other words, it's my go-to assist, because I'm awful at playing this game seriously.

So now that Eliza is mostly done, has anyone tried playing her with Peacock? I was taking a look at her assist options the other day. The one where the bodyguard pushes a bed across the screen (dunno the name of the move sry but you know the one I mean) seems useful as another projectile you can put on the screen, if you're into that sort of thing. Axe assist is maybe useful as a reversal? Haven't really tried it like that but it takes a high arc so maybe it would hit people jumping in at you. I would say it's useful for mixups too but no one blocks low against Peacock (although maybe there are crossups you can do with it).

So now that Eliza is mostly done, has anyone tried playing her with Peacock? I was taking a look at her assist options the other day. The one where the bodyguard pushes a bed across the screen (dunno the name of the move sry but you know the one I mean) seems useful as another projectile you can put on the screen, if you're into that sort of thing. Axe assist is maybe useful as a reversal? Haven't really tried it like that but it takes a high arc so maybe it would hit people jumping in at you. I would say it's useful for mixups too but no one blocks low against Peacock (although maybe there are crossups you can do with it).
Throne of Isis and I think one of my friends said that Eliza's QCBMK is a great lockdown move and they work great together or is that with Big Band?

Throne of Isis and I think one of my friends said that Eliza's QCBMK is a great lockdown move and they work great together or is that with Big Band?
Peacock can't really take advantage of lockdown assists as well as other characters can. Basically Peacock wants either a) a reversal or b) another projectile or projectile-esque move to make her keepaway even more annoying.