• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Perfecting the Princess Parasoul

WaterMystic277

Anime Fucker
Reaction score
Squigly Cerebella

So, this is my first match with my friend as Parasoul, so any criticisms to help me onto the road of the royal?

I'm not the greatest but a few things came to mind while watching the video:

- You're defaulting to back dashing to create space between you and your opponent too much. Parasoul has a great set of normals to play footsies with too. Try to go back and forth between creating space to zone and taking the battle to your opponent using your superior normals. The more you can keep people guessing, the easier it will be to do both.

To give an example using something that occurred in that video, a lot of the times when you would keep back dashing to create space between you and your friend, he would just keep dashing after you so the distance between you wouldn't really grow. In situations like these, you can try to catch them off guard by suddenly going for a dash forward mid-max range cLK or a jump forward jLK or jHP if they're trying to air dash after you. Even if it doesn't work, it shows that you have the option and you know how to use it, which will make them think twice about just following after you without care. Once this doubt has been planted in their minds, you'll find that it'll be overall much easier to create the space you need and get your zoning going.

- Noticed you were ending blockstrings with cHK or sHK but I'm pretty sure that's because you're still new and haven't looked into blockstrings yet. Things worth nothing: forward+s.LP = Overhead, forward+sMP = Low, back+sHK = High.

- In instances where characters can low profile your tear shot, the bike/HK egret can fill the void in your zoning.

- Not sure if anything changed with the PC version since I'm on consoles but the Dive/MK egret only works against projectiles. Not really any use against Filia

That's all I got for now. Hope it helped a little