• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Petition to Reset SG Leaderboards on PC

would u filia

• yeah dude

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • xD

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
I mean unless there's some data showing who has played who and then calculate the correct scores based on if they had gained a win by seeing if their score increased or not then yeah. That would be fun to make though.

Fixing the scoring definitely helps, but without overhauling how the leaderboards work, I don't think wiping them is necessary.

I wish GiantKingTurtle would give me private Skullgirls lessons
23aea92f72.png

this u

I don't care if you reset it or not. Besides its not like I'll get up there hahaha.....aw.

But the real question we should be asking is "would u filia" I say xD

I'm always player 2 :c

No, I worked hard for my 6785489th position.

did anyone seriously take the leaderboard for real?

Am I the only one who did not give a shit about where I was placed?

*shrugs*

and why do you want to wipe the leaderboards now Sonic Fox?

did anyone seriously take the leaderboard for real?

Am I the only one who did not give a shit about where I was placed?

*shrugs*

and why do you want to wipe the leaderboards now Sonic Fox?
Did you not see the update? The way wins were counted were messed up since day 1.

i understand that. And Mike has said that he's going to fix it. But again what's the point in wiping the leaderboards. We don't use them for ranking here. Hell we don't even have ranking. so... again i really don't see the huge urge to wipe the board. I mean you can wipe it... but like it still won't matter.

yes
also fix(??) the thing where people alt f4 right before your win is confirmed

i understand that. And Mike has said that he's going to fix it. But again what's the point in wiping the leaderboards. We don't use them for ranking here. Hell we don't even have ranking. so... again i really don't see the huge urge to wipe the board. I mean you can wipe it... but like it still won't matter.
i want everyone to see my name on their screen

Alright guys, hear me out

Even though recent news has revealed that there was a problem with reporting scores on the PC version of Skullgirls for a very long time (since the start), at this point the relatively unchanging top leaderboard positions are so engrained in the SGC culture that I think it would be wrong to reset the leaderboard. As most of you know I come from a family passionate about Skullgirls and checking the leaderboards each morning has become part of our family's tradition. Just waking up and seeing that G1antK1ngTurtlE is still in fact number one to me is like waking up and seeing that the sky is still blue. While many people look up to the Will Smith's and Condoleezza Rice's of the world me and my family look up to the top players on the Skullgirls leader board. I remember when Outlaw_Spike accepted my friend request on Steam. I was so star struck that I've still been too nervous to message him, even to this day.

The leaderboard also fills me with a great deal of hope and motivation. If I find myself in a tough spot or have a bad day at work I know I can come home and grind endless hours on quick match, hoping to one day break into that top spot. As insurmountable as it may be, it still gives me a positive goal to work towards. I'm thinking back to the nights when I would be on quick match playing until the early morning. My mom would be woken up by the sound of my mashing at 5am and come into my room asking “Are you number one yet?” and I'd always reply “Maybe one day...” Even breaking into a top 17,000 position on the leaderboard would be an accomplishment large enough to brag about for a lifetime.

I urge you to think twice before voting to reset the leader board. You would be dismantling part of a culture, my way of life and a large part of my identity. If you've never sat around with your family, thinking about what the heroes of Skullgirls are up to then I honestly don't think you have the right to vote to reset the leader boards.

Opponent disconnected is worth more than 1 win : )
I thought it was just 2 losses for them?
Which is kinda irrelevant since well yeah losses don't count for anything

Unless Leaderboards change to be sorted by Elo or at least also display your Losses and your Win%, they're supermegapointless in any case, so why reset them

stuff.
Sorry we never meant to appropriate your culture like this :(

No, but really. I think it would be great to reset the leaderboards, esp with the launch of Encore. Just start fresh!
Why don't we reset the brackets every few months..and have like..a separate leader board with the avarage wins of active QM players? Idk, it's just an idea.
sorry for bad english i hope people understand what im trying to say

Counting wins is basically just a rough measure of time spent playing anyway. I don't think it really makes much difference, the leaderboard is still a joke either way.

If there's going to be a reset, I'd like to just see it replaced with something more meaningful like MMR/Elo/TrueSkill/whatever. Hell, I've heard that already exists behind the scenes for matchmaking but just isn't shown to the user. Why not show it instead of basing the leaderboards on this silliness?

Reactions: 4th and Pickles
I'd like to just see it replaced with something more meaningful like MMR/Elo/TrueSkill/whatever. Hell, I've heard that already exists behind the scenes for matchmaking but just isn't shown to the user. Why not show it instead of basing the leaderboards on this silliness?
I'm gonna respond to this one.

Consoles are ELO. With the advent of the PC version EVERY SINGLE PERSON who said ANYTHING about the leaderboards asked for them to be replaced by not-ELO.
So.
Can't win?

I'm gonna respond to this one.

Consoles are ELO. With the advent of the PC version EVERY SINGLE PERSON who said ANYTHING about the leaderboards asked for them to be replaced by not-ELO.
So.
Can't win?
I might have complained about that??? I don't remember. But, if I did, my issue would have been that it took a long time to find a match because it was trying to find people of a similar skill level based on ELO. I don't have an issue with using it for leaderboards.

The matchmaking uses Elo on PC too.

The main complaints about Elo are
1) You can lose rating, so if you have 5000 rating maybe you don't want to play anymore cus what if you drop down to 4500.. If youre not feeling 100% maybe you don't wanna play now and QM becomes less populated or w/e
2) People who don't understand what it is or how it works whining about losing rank despite winning

I think 1) is a silly issue, but it is (or at least might be) an issue and I am unsure how to solve it; 2) would be solved by just showing the rating (which consoles don't)

Count of wins and/or win%age being displayed along with Elo would be sweet, but yeah leaderboards sorted by wincount are just entirely meaningless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4th and Wenzel