• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Please Name These Objects (Regional Vernaculars)

Goodbye18000

Let's Player / Sonic Show Member / Canadian
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonicshow.org
Steam
Goodbye18000
PSN
Goodbye18000
Big Band Fukua
See, I know there's this thing where different regions call the same things different names, so I'm wondering, what do YOU call these? In general, or most of the time. Like, not the brand name or whatever, but the general term for them ("Cookie", not "Oreo"). Write your answers before you look at mine, though.

Dr.-Pepper-Pop-Can.jpg

Pop can

soda_bottle.jpg

Pop bottle

01.png

Soda bottle

odwalla.jpg

Juice box (my grandma calls it a Tetra Pak)

Last edited:
can of delicious (soda)

Usually call that just a 2-liter, but i think you're asking soda or pop, so soda bottle.

disgusting.

Juice box.

I call it wet stuff in my mouth

I switch between saying pop, soda, and soda-pop. It's just whatever I feel like at the moment. And the last one is a juice box.

Also, are we allowed to suggest other vernacular questions, such as casserole vs. hot dish? (Hot dish all the way!)

Also, are we allowed to suggest other vernacular questions, such as casserole vs. hot dish? (Hot dish all the way!)

I think later down the road, yeah, I'd like to see some differences between other terms. We'll let this one run it's course though.

I've never heard it called a hot dish.