• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

If any of you are following Chuggaconroy's black and white playthrough he's doing a naming contest today for a Cryogonal he caught!

I hope he sees mine cause it's my birthday ;^^

I suggested to name it after the Leidenfrost effect, a phenomena that occurs when a liquid touches a ludicrously high temperature object, only the liquid that comes in contact with it will instantly turn to vapor and shield the rest of the liquid for a short bit from instantly boiling itself. Cryogonal knows acid armor and looks like it's melting whenever it uses it, while also boosting its defense, on top of its already very large sp def. And of course the frost pun :p

Here's to hoping!

(and idk if this is funny but it actually snowed so much today I got called off work, consider it a sign maybe ;^^)

So recently I played through Detective Pikachu and it's charming. . . basically here's a small review to explain what I mean.

The gameplay is like Miles Edgeworth: Investigations, but really easy. Like the puzzles are pretty easy and kinda spell out the answers for you as well, but the same time something about them feels satisfying and I don't know why. The plot is fairly engaging, it slows down a couple of points but for the most point it keeps up the pace and never really get to stale. The characters, while not a bombastic as Phoenix Wright characters, they remain are more grounded but remain fairly entertaining. There's a decent verity of pokemon you interact with and with some having rather distinctive personalities.

Like this game doesn't do anything all that unique other than being a Pokemon crime solving game. But despite that it does something that Gen VI and Gen VII kinda lost, and that making the world feel more lived in rather than a catered point A to point B scripted adventure, ironically. Also this game acknowledges the existence of Pokemon Rangers, which is a miracle. Also by the end of it you'll know everything you'd ever need about coffee.

That's interesting to hear. I haven't looked up anything about the detective pikachu game and since it's a spinoff I wasn't planning on caring to look into it at all.

That gets me so excited that they reference pokemon rangers because I lovedddd that series.

Also coffee information? Nice.

On another note I've been replaying through Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness for the first time since I was very young. I forgot how campy and silly the gamecube pokemon spinoffs are.

However I still cherish them. I honestly do adore the way the games play a LOT. I want another game in the series it would be the best thing ever.

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
Oh, THIS is where I ask for some Gardevoir.

uh
yo
gimme some gard
please
200 aint enough

Oh, THIS is where I ask for some Gardevoir.

uh
yo
gimme some gard
please
200 aint enough
What are you talking about?

I dunno man, sounded more like a stroke.
are you okay? do you smell toast?
what is your name?
count from 1 to 10 and then 10 to 1

I was going to hold on to mention this, but the stars are aligning a bit too much to say nothing.

Y'all ready for some leaks?

• New Games are called Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
  • On April first a 4channer called REAL LEAKS posted some information no one took seriously.
  • supposed to be a remake of sorts of Pokemon Yellow. trainers Red and Blue are present, but your character are brand new trainers.
  • Pokeride replaces HMs, following Pokemon return, and is said to have a bunch of features to connect it to Pokemon Go, including how you catch pokemon. (no word on a battle system change) There will also be in game rewards for linking Go to these new games. An Online hub is going to be added as well.
  • Some time ago, []an image was leaked into the internet that caused a bit of stir.[] you can see an eevee on top of the trainer's head, lending credence to its validty as well as tying with this leak.
  • a few days ago, some images leaked seeming leaking the boxart for Lets Go pikachu. Many insider sites either tease or allude to this being accurate.
  • Today, the domains for Let's go Pikachu and Lets Go Eevee were registered by the same company who did Sun and Moon, seeming nailing this as real.

Why the shit does it always cycle back to Kanto?
Oh, right. Genwunners never shutting up about "the good old days"

Whatever, hope this is a doorstopper while they work on ACTUAL Gen VIII.
Just so tired of always cycling back to Gen 1 and it's THREE(!) grand total Ghost Types.

Calling it now, only the titles are real and it's just for some spinoff game.

The sole Kanto remake came out before Gen 4 did. The fatigue is from the last two gens in a row having Kanto pokemon prominently featured over other gens.

Which is a good enough reason not to have Gen 1 remakes on the argument that it's needed to have a complete pokedex. I mean, if that's all, no remakes are needed ever. There's a lot more places to still explore in Pokemon regions, too.

But I don't care very much about whether it's Gen 1, Gen 4 or Gen 8, I just want to know whether it's another standard Pokemon game or if they're doing something crazy.

Reactions: Jutsei
Whatever, hope this is a doorstopper while they work on ACTUAL Gen VIII.
Just so tired of always cycling back to Gen 1 and it's THREE(!) grand total Ghost Types.

Like I always said, sometimes the fans of the series are smarter than the writers.

oh no
DdZJltcWkAA2GAk.jpg

ohhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

okay will there be gardevoir
i want me some gardevoir
i might as well buy a switch just to see all that glorious gardevoir shit
seriously how is it so cute

Seconded. I'll be getting the Poké Ball peripheral, but skipping this until we get Gen 8

I never got to get my hands on Kanto before. And as a pokemon Go player I'll be at a pretty nice advantage.

Also I cant believe you guys are going to pass up the chance to ride on an Onix because its gen 1. wow.

Riding an Onix never appealed to me. It's more I don't want to go back to my roots in Pokémon again just yet.

Can't even start with my Squirtle in these versions.

Add in those avatars look Nothing like Red, Blue, Leaf or Green even perhiperally.

maybe because they're not supposed to look like them??

they'll possibly add Red and Blue, since this is the first big RPG back in Kanto since the DS days

The Genwunners won and have become more powerful.
Bad Ending.
petition to do this with every other generation

and drop that rat already

]Found a bunch of facts to allveiate some worries

Things you need to know about the upcoming games Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee.

- Gamefreak officially consecutively stated in the media conference that it is a main core series game. The 2019 game is as well.

- Gamefreak have targeted this towards newer / casual fans.

- Gamefreak officially stated that core games will come in two supplements for the future, Games like this for the newer crowd and your typical Pokémon game for hardcore fans. The 2019 release is geared for hardcore fans. This is targeted to introduce new players into the franchise adopting some familiarity with the ever successful Pokémon Go.

- The 2019 game won’t have casualisation because of this game.

- Pokémon Go isn’t required to play

- The Accessory isn’t required to play.

- Gamefreak and Serebii have given official confirmation that the games have online activity. Their was a mistranslation earlier in the stream which caused hysteria among fans.

- Pokémon can use 4 attacks just like in the main core games rather than Pokémon Go’s. The attack system mirrors the main core games.

- Pokémon Attacks have the standard animations from the main core games as we see with hyper beam, Swift, seismic toss and the like. They do not function like Pokémon go. The animations are crisper and cleaner.

- Wild Pokemon have levels that mirror the original wild Pokémon from Kanto, we see this with the mt moon clefairy being the same level as the original gen 1 games and the other overworld Pokémon matching the rest of the wild Pokémon of mt moon.

- Wild Pokemon have both levels and Cp. The Cp likely is a modifier from transfer and for familiarity since the game is targeted for that audience in mind.

- Wild Pokemon are caught like in go.

- The accessory makes it easier to catch Pokémon

- Standard core series items can be used in the wild before throwing a ball to increase or decrease capture.

- Items can be used in battles.

- Double Battles are back

- Players can co op with other players at any time freely

- Co Oped players can participate in story mode battles and help you battle in double battles. You can do the entire adventure together or separate. Perfect for couples and siblings.

- Co Oped players can help to catch Pokémon, both getting the spoils.

- The game features Pokémon centres.

- Wild Pokemon appears in the overworld like standard JRPG games meaning you can catch what you want, no more spending hours trying to get that elusive Clefairy, meaning you can enjoy the action more.

- The story mode features Team Rocket, they use some new Pokémon they didn’t use previously giving variety to their typical rosters

- Mewtwo plays a part in the story unlike in the originals

- The new device is an OPTIONAL seperate tool much the pokewalker. It’s not needed to play the game, but rewards you like the pokewalker allowing you to take your partner Pokémon for walks and getting rewards.

- You can trade Pokémon between Pokémon Go and the Switch at will and mix and match at your desire

- Transferred Pokémon go to a Pokémon pal park clone, exactly the same as gen 4.

- All pokemon follow you like in HGSS

- Pokémon Amie clone returns

- You can dress up and stylise your pikachu and eevee as you want without restrictions

- The story Pikachu and Eevee cannot evolve exactly like Pokémon Yellow. Others however can

- The standard Pokédex Returns, no more rotom lol

- As revealed by Gamefreak and Serebii, a brand new Pokémon is being offered for players as an exclusive.

What we learned from the official QA Gamefreak meeting

The online features use their own seperate features.

The core game in 2019 WONT USE ANY features from Pokémon Go

The special Pokémon exclusive to this game is brand new

The 2019 game is confirmed to use all features from sun and moon and XY

Gamefreak confirmed FOR THIS GAME ONLY there will be minor differences in how you level up, raise & train Pokémon in Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee, citing they wanted to simplify it

The games have infinite save files with save files being tied to user accounts.

The games don’t store save data on the cartridge.

Pokémon breeding is unavailable

Any Pokémon among the first 151 available in the game that could carry a trainer are rideable

This new post of beta silver/gold pokemon is actually GODLIKE

This new post of beta silver/gold pokemon is actually GODLIKE
At least I finally know why the hell that fish turned into an octopus, a shame they didn't stick to their guns and keep the theme of gunpy -> tanktopus

At least I finally know why the hell that fish turned into an octopus, a shame they didn't stick to their guns and keep the theme of gunpy -> tanktopus
I mean, they did...its just nowhere near as obvious.

also here's the twitter thread for the gen 2 beta for those going wtf.

its kind of baffling to see how many pokemon and ideas are int he cutting room floor, and how they migrated to new ones. Heracross was ripped out of pinsir's evo, qwilfish Evo turned into Whishcash presumably, Umbreon was originally poison (that explains all the poison talk despite being dark in the dex entries), etc

Reactions: Jutsei
Gunfish wins. Also holy cow that early Leafeon. Can't believe its design was from waaaaay back then.

In retrospect, I can see why Gamefreak cut out the tank elements of the proposed Hydreigon design except for the tank treads on its body.

Now Delibird and Murkrow feel superior to what these guys dug up for their beta.

Fuck goddamn I want a Switch.

Don't know if this question was made before, but can pikachu and eevee be evolved or do they refuse to?

Well, Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee and Pokémon Go are about to have an exclusive Legendary.

Pokémon Number 808: Meltan

It looks like a Ditto, an Unown and a Bronzor had a threesome and this is what came out of the egg.

Still not changing my mind about skipping this game.

It doesn't really feel like Mythical material to me.

let's see if it evolves to something less ugly