• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

I still don’t like this new Mega evolutions, although Salamence with retracting arms is kind of cool.

And I like that you can use the Pikachu-costumes with their special attacks outside of contests.

The shiny Beldum is a nice gift, shame its stats will suck.

Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo are almost givens at this point with them being the signature pokemon of Maxie and Archie, respectively

assuming that Mega Evolutions are going to be more widely used in the game, Mega Shiftry is also a good bet, considering that Shiftry is the signature mon of the Elite Four's Sidney. Meaning, that there might very well be Mega Evolutions on the way for Dusknoir and Walrein as well.

Reactions: Denizen
Mega Cresselia
pls?

All these people wanting new Mega Evolutions, and I already got all the ones I wanted.

Don't say that. My heart wouldn't be able to take it. If my princess got a mega I'd be done.
Just imagine, Mega Walrein with Refrigerate. That thing would be bulky as f*ck if it got even more defense o_o

Reactions: Rakurin
Speaking of Megas, I want to prepare for a mono Normal team with a Megabunny.
Anybody got a buneary/lopunny for trade? I'll give you a curse lickitung or a pain split spiritomb
for it...

I always thought Raichu looked dumb.
Wanna know why I don't like Raichu?
Pikachu has five cute stubby little claws on his hands.
Raichu however only has stumps, big chocolate covered stumps.
It's creepy.

I tell you guys, if we ever get Mega Raichu, imma fucking lose it. Raichu deserves better than "Least Evolved Pokemon Ever"

aw man I was really hoping for pokemon costumes for all pokemons (stop giving pikachu so much love)

edit: wait know that I think about it that would be kinda unrealistic giving every pokemon costumes. I go back to my old stand by of Father pokemon pass on colors and moves to offsprings and slight regional differences between pokemon of the same species

Hmm...There's something bothering me about the Pikachu costumes though.

Cosplay Pikachu is being counted as a new form, and it's the only form of Pikachu that can wear the costumes. It was on Serebii, stating that Pikachus with a heart on their tails count as Cosplay Pikachus.

I guess it's just the possibility that it can't be bred, and therefore can't learn volt tackle worries me.

Just take the Pikachu moves you want and evolve it into Raichu.

And am I the only one who thinks the world will go under if Ash evolve Pikachu into Raichu?

yes. because then it would mean ash is actually competent and hell would freeze over.

Reactions: Smarts
yes. because then it would mean ash is actually competent and hell would freeze over.

He clearly would be competent evolving a Pokémon into a form that has worse stats, theoretically.

He would be competent if he gets a Light Ball and permanently attaches it on the yellow devil.

He clearly would be competent evolving a Pokémon into a form that has worse stats, theoretically.

He would be competent if he gets a Light Ball and permanently attaches it on the yellow devil.
but, Raichu has higher stats than Pikachu in everything, including speed even though it's just 20 points but still.

He'd probably get a Light Ball as a gift from some Champion, use it once to fight some Team Rocket machine, and then lose it forever in some idiotic way.

but, Raichu has higher stats than Pikachu in everything, including speed even though it's just 20 points but still.

Light Ball doubles Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack. That gives him higher overall stats then Raichu.

Granted, it's still a little bit slower and weaker on the defense, but you don’t win anything with Raichu's crappy stats.

Pikachu with Light Ball has the highest Attack and Special Attack of all Electric types. That doesn’t make him a winner, but it kills Raichu. Because even if Raichu is faster and potentially takes more hits, it attack stats are terrible.

In the end none of these two will get played in a real match, but if I would have to choose, I would choose Pikachu.

man, the light ball is just another thing to force the anime to stay relevant!

if that item didn't exist, Raichu would be the more viable one because it's special attack stat is almost TWICE as much as Pikachu's!

Remember when Game Freak remembered what a Raichu is? Me neither!
:PUN:
(Still like Pikachu, but Raichu<Pikachu all day erryday)

I feel as though a Mega Raichu would at least even the playing field a little bit in a few regards

Raichu fans never get anything ;-;

Reactions: TechPowah
I would love to see a Mega-Raichu that not only looks cool, but kicks Pikachu in the ass in every way possible. Stats, ability, moveset, cooking skills, bom chicka wah wah.

Just take the Pikachu moves you want and evolve it into Raichu.

And am I the only one who thinks the world will go under if Ash evolve Pikachu into Raichu?
I hope you're not referring to the cosplay Pikachu when you say this.

Seeing as how a great Raichu set is made up of moves from breeding, moves from 5th generation, a specific hidden power, or even nasty plot from Pichu.

Unless the cosplay Pikachu comes packaged with Volt Tackle, then cosplay Pikachu's usage is going to be poor.

Speaking of Megas, I want to prepare for a mono Normal team with a Megabunny.
Anybody got a buneary/lopunny for trade? I'll give you a curse lickitung or a pain split spiritomb
for it...
I'll trade you a buneary.

I Really wait for the non USA americans got the Diance by another way...

The Heracross/Pinsir Megastone will get by e-mail for Canadians. The USA ones needs to get in Gamestop... there´s a hope...

By the way... is soo sad Gamefreaks forget about all the players in the word who dont have a way to get this promotional pokémons...

Light Ball doubles Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack. That gives him higher overall stats then Raichu.

Granted, it's still a little bit slower and weaker on the defense, but you don’t win anything with Raichu's crappy stats.

Pikachu with Light Ball has the highest Attack and Special Attack of all Electric types. That doesn’t make him a winner, but it kills Raichu. Because even if Raichu is faster and potentially takes more hits, it attack stats are terrible.

In the end none of these two will get played in a real match, but if I would have to choose, I would choose Pikachu.

Pikachu is still worse because, even though it has higher attack because of Light Ball, it will never go first against anything it can kill and it will most certainly be walled by what is slower than it.
And please don't forget you're giving an item to Pikachu and not giving one to Raichu. If it chooses to hold either a Choice Specs or a Choice Band it will be stronger than Pikachu as well as faster (and no, Pikachu isn't better because of mixed sets. Even witha Light Ball it doesn't have enough power or strong moves to run mixed) but that's not the best it does. The best thing a Raichu can do is to abuse its high speed to Encore an opponent on a Thunder Wave or any other electric move to abuse its Lightning Rod and maybe even get a free Nasty Plot in the process.
Both are still pretty bad, though. But at least Raichu has a niche.

Competitive pokemon is a thing. And it's pretty complex and fun.
I like both playing through the game normally without a care in the world and the min maxing of competitive.

I bit my tongue... Mega salamence is kinda cool

(it looks better in 3d than in the artwork)

what do you mean

tumblr_n9zd8kG9Fe1t3i6elo1_1280.png

Reactions: Denizen
Competitive pokemon is a thing. And it's pretty complex and fun.
I like both playing through the game normally without a care in the world and the min maxing of competitive.

Little cup is best cup.

Reactions: Ryin
I bit my tongue... Mega salamence is kinda cool
Mega Salamence is starting to grow on me. Mostly because I remembered why I like the Bagon evolutionary line.
The whole "I wanted to fly so I grew wings" story is actually touching.

Mega Salamence is starting to grow on me. Mostly because I remembered why I like the Bagon evolutionary line.
The whole "I wanted to fly so I grew wings" story is actually touching.
Bagon is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!

RAW RAW FIGHT DA POWAH!!!

But when's Mega Dragonite

Reactions: Ryin
Bagon is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!
RAW RAW FIGHT DA POWAH!!!
I want to catch a Rhydon and Excadrill and name them Kamina and Simon respectively.
By the way it's ROW ROW, not RAW RAW.
But when's Mega Dragonite
Never because Dragonitenite sounds ridiculous.
Also Dragon Tales sucks.

hmm, I have seen people write both versions. Didn't know which one was correct and instead let my mind take the one that pops up in my head first.
Anyway, the Rhydon and Excadrill idéa is genius. Shall you also use Golurk and name it Gurren? It can fly you know!

Last edited: