• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POKKEN

The fuck is a Cresselia.

Sounds like some forgettable 'mon from...

Gen 4 or something

:y

It's funny how few fighting 'mons we have. Could also use a few fliers in the roster, too. Need some Braviary in there.

Is funny how a pokemon game is decided to be good or bad by people basically by the pokemons that are featured in the game.

Well, i'm happy with the current roster, but it would be nice some Haxorus, Infernape, Crobat, Samurott.

Yo man, I'd be cool with Golurk. The rocket zangief of the pokemon world :P

Wait, is the "ra" part intended exclusively for the JP name or even the ENG name? Because BRAixen...

I was thinking: since there won't surely be any lore requirements like in other fighting games, why didn't the people at Bandai thought of a poll for which pokemon fans would like to see as playable?

It wouldn't be impossible to manage: all pokemons' info is detailed enough to state height and other stuff, which would allow you to filter those who are too tall (3 meters being the maximum for example) and maybe keep out some exceptions ike pokemon too tiny, obviously OP legendaries like Arceus and pre-evolution pokemon (like unevolved starters) to avoid trolls.
Given all this, you then divide voting by generations and each generation voting into turns to round up the number of candidates to a small number after each turn. Doing so you can rank each pokemon based on their votes, with favourites on top, and eliminate last positions ones by a set number for example. The final voting phase could then take all top candidates from each gen (I'd say after 3 or 4 candidates are left) and pit them against each other.

Would it be crazy? Yeah, but one can even take in example SG's very own character polling to show how much participation it garnered, and since the polls would be about voting for you favourite pokemons people not too interested in fighting games could have a change of heart seeing them and deciding to maybe buy the game. Basically powerful, hype-inducing advertising, but sure it would require some planning to pull off.
And yes it could always start some kind of World Waifu/Main Pokemon War, but that's still possible profit for you as a developer.

Of course seeing how the game is going it's hard to belive that some of their devs will come up with this idea and make it happen, but one can dream or suggest other people to push for it. Development resources should be taken into account too.
I don't think the game is going that bad, but it always comes down to what pokemon gets in and if it's your favorite or not, hence the reason of the poll (or at least this concept).

Talking about gen 5
Scolipede, Conkeldurr, Excadrill, Musharna, Serperior, Leavanny (although I'm not sure), Krookodile, Darmanitan, Throh OR Sawk, Maractus, Sigilyph, Cofagrigus, Garbodor (although eww), Zoroark, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Escavalier, Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Scrafty, Eelektross, Lilligant, Haxorus, Accelgor, Bisharp, Golurk (as stated above), Heatmor (dunno tho), Hydreigon, Meloetta, basically any of the sacred Swords and if we want to go big motherfucking Zekrom, maybe as a boss even.

I think I listed a big part of Gen 5 but that's just to say that you have some choices.

The fuck is a Cresselia.

Sounds like some forgettable 'mon from...

Gen 4 or something

:y
I'll wash your mouth out with soap if you back talk me one more time, son.

Regigigas? I mean, he would be nice, but i don't think it would be good, the game already had a Slow Start without him, imagine with him....

I'm terrible.

I'd be fine with Regigigas
600px-Hareta_Regigigas.png
just look at that big adorable lug. He's way past cute.

I'm actually pretty interested in Garchomp.

But I'm not interested because of the lack of actual offline multiplayer.

You know who still needs to be in the game?

R0XgZsy.jpg

Ehh I understand the appeal of Missingno but I'd much much MUCH prefer if it becomes an official pokemon first in a main game then appear as a fighter in Pokken you know?

Ehh I understand the appeal of Missingno but I'd much much MUCH prefer if it becomes an official pokemon first in a main game then appear as a fighter in Pokken you know?
Well that too, yeah. Put Missingno. in every game.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
How can people say this roster is garbage with a Ninja Gecko, a Shark Dragon with Legs, Ken Masters as a chicken, and Luchador female Pikachu?

There's no Cresselia OR Gorlurk.

Rosterisbadm8

Golurk would literally be target pactice for special atackers.

Cresselia has no legs. How do you sweep someone without legs.

Golurk would literally be target pactice for special atackers.

I can dream.

I kinda wish Scizor could've been playable, and maybe Feraligatr.

My dream was Crawduant but that's never getting realized.

I mean if we really think about it, there's like a 2% chance of your pokemon showing up on the rooster out of all the other pokemon if they weren't obviously popular.

so like

ya

People complaining for the sake of complaining, maybe

shrug_answer_101_xlarge.jpeg

YOOOOO!

I would buy this now, unironically.

video games are worth something now, everyone
it worked

it worked

Reminder that one more character that's not shit doesn't mean much when there's still like 15 that suck.

But this one character, this one special chandelier ghost makes it all worth it.

-munch munch-

Dont mind me, eating my own words here.

Reactions: Jutsei