• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POLL: Keep Fukua in the game?

Should Fukua stay in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 383 88.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 50 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An unstable failed attempt at a Filia clone made by Brain Drain, Fukua sets out to fulfill the purpose of her creation and destroy the Skullgirl before her body fully deteriorates. However, desperately wishing to preserve her own existence, she secretly plans to use the Skull Heart to wish for a new, stable body, not fully aware of the consequences, or, perhaps, psychotic enough to not really care.

FUND IT.
OR, WE COULD JUST TRADE BODIES.
BEEP BOOP MEOW.

The more characters.....the better so yes.

I guess Saturday night. Gotta check with some things first, though. I'll make a thread eventually.
Saturday night might be difficult if lot of people want to challenge because I work early the next day.

Fukua kumite tonight maybe? Any time after 10pm would work. Sunday would work too.

Edit: stupid phone autocorrect.

Reactions: gllt
Exactly what asset in game did those firefly/glowing orbs Fukua has anyway come from? Were they just leftover things or did Mike Draw them himself real fast?

Exactly what asset in game did those firefly/glowing orbs Fukua has anyway come from? Were they just leftover things or did Mike Draw them himself real fast?
Could be Double blood with a light point in it. But only Mike knows.

SUMMONING POWERS, ACTIVATE!

@Mike_Z

It's a particle effect not a sprite btw

More like there was no more content after the IGG stuff and then Mike Z made a April Fools joke in several days that was playable.

I hate posting from my phone. I thought I quoted a post >:/

@ Excarius leftover art and current art mixed together

I hate posting from my phone. I thought I quoted a post >:/
#iknowthefeelbro

Last edited:
Other fighting game communties' response to a clone characters
"This guy's just like that other one only slightly tweeked! Jeez, can they get any lazier."

Skullgirls comunities' response to a clone character
"OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD! NEW CHARACTER!!!!"

I find the whole thing incredibly fascinating. And for the record I'm for keeping Fukua. It's obvious that the folks at Labzero put some thought into making her diffirent enough to be a new character, but still similar enough for the "pallet swap" joke to still be applicable. Kudos.

I think it's about actually being able to play the character. No one has played Decapre besides people at Capcom and the press. Their opinions are based on what they've seen of her. It's really hard to like her since they've never played her. But we could turn on Skullgirls and play her and say that we liked her. When Evil Ryu and Oni came out, people didn't complain. They flocked to the arcades that had the leaked code to unlock them. They played them and they liked them. Actually liking a character happens after you play them. A lot of people wanted Phoenix Wright in UMvC3 and then they added him and no one plays him. People complain that Mega Man isn't in MvC3 but he wasn't played much in the previous games, even by the people who were playing low-tier teams. SF is an old series that has a lot of fan favorites even though people didn't even play them when they were out. Decapre's playstyle adds a more interesting dynamic than those other characters but no one has played her yet. They can't say she deserves her spot. Until Capcom lets us play her and we can love her, she'll be a lazy clone.

She should get an Alpha-152 color.

I was so hype to see Fukua be actually playable and am looking forward to all of the tweaks to make her good!! She's not quite my style but an expanded roster is always welcome in a game like Skullgirls.

Did you guys see her new tag-in/tag-out? It's freaking amazing.

Did you guys see her new tag-in/tag-out? It's freaking amazing.
Nope. Don't have PC Skullgirls, so I need a vid.

Here:
Oh that's so cool. Whenever I tag her in she just does Filia's tag in/ tag out

There was an update after I exited the game.

You probably haven't updated your game yet, dood.

Sweet check off the epic tag in tag out now let's see whats missing that will seal the deal on her being epic for people? X3

sooooo does that raw tag hit at close range or what?

sooooo does that raw tag hit at close range or what?
Yeah, and it launches like Double's second tag hit.

Looks a lot better than I expected. I went in thinking it'd just be one of Filia's kicks made into a tag.

- Fireflies are new art from Jon.
- There is no difference between a particle and a sprite in SG, everything's a sprite.
- The raw tag idea was a thing render said, and then like 10 minutes later he read your post and said "Oh wow someone suggested the same thing!", dude that suggested the same thing.
- And JUST IN CASE anyone thinks I'm taking anything from Vulpes, I had "j.HK upside down" written down on my initial task sheet for her. Though I think it might work better with Gregor ball -> sideways j.HK anyhow. Though the drill pose making the ball is hilarious.
This is also why I hate reading threads with ideas from people.

Status
Not open for further replies.