• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

POLL: Keep Fukua in the game?

Should Fukua stay in the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 383 88.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 50 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the education even though I'm pretty sure you absolutely hate having to school people. :P

I know this is a little late, but, I'm gonna say all ya'll who are complaining about Mike taking time to work on this need to get a little perspective. He's a bit too modest (yeah I said that about Mike) to say this, but the guy puts in so many unpaid hours into Skullgirls that if he chooses to spend a day or two that he could actually rest on a "joke" like this (which is in reality free added content for you, the fan), let him.

On my end, I put a lot of work into Fukua myself (accidentally making her up, all the UI, recoloring her artwork, working on the first palette, doing the trailer, planning stuff with Mike) completely for free, since currently I'm not fulltime essential staff because there's only a little UI that needs to be done right now, and I figured, hey, a little extra effort from me would end up with a cool treat for the fans.

I'm not saying this to complain, because I really love working on Skullgirls! I just don't want people to think we're wasting IGG money somehow.

Last edited:
I know this is a little late, but, I'm gonna say all ya'll who are complaining about Mike taking time to work on this need to get a little perspective. He's a bit too modest (yeah I said that about Mike) to say this, but the guy puts in so many unpaid hours into Skullgirls that if he chooses to spend a day or two that he could actually rest on a "joke" like this (which is in reality free added content for you, the fan), let him.

On my end, I put a lot of work into Fukua myself (accidentally making her up, all the UI, recoloring her artwork, working on the first palette, doing the trailer, planning stuff with Mike) completely for free, since currently I'm not fulltime essential staff because there's only a little UI that needs to be done right now, and I figured, hey, a little extra effort from me would end up with a cool treat for the fans.

I'm not saying this to complain, because I really love working on Skullgirls! I just don't want people to think we're wasting IGG money somehow.
I think I can say this on behalf of everyone who likes Fukua:

Thanks, @Ashura. You have our respect; you didn't have to do this for free, but you did. You also gave us the FG market's first playable April Fool's character, so your little accident turned out to be a bit of a historic occasion :PUN:

So I was talking to Combofiend at Texas Showdown, and I asked him if he saw the Fukua trailer. He said "Yeah, people at the [Capcom] office were pretty salty about that."

Inner Duckie was running around, screaming "OMG OMG OMG GOTTA TEXT @Mike_Z AND @Ravidrath XD XD XD" but I held my composure, assured Combo that it was just a good-natured joke, explained to him the history of Fukua, and then told him that the timing had just happened to be perfect for a friendly April Fool's Joke.

Where is your avatar from? :0

She's the mascot for my business, designed by @Kinuko as a thank-you gift for something I helped Lab Zero with during the EVO fundraiser drive last year. If you look closely, you can see that she's hugging a very happy little rubber duck with an eye patch.

Last edited:
So I was talking to Combofiend at Texas Showdown, and I asked him if he saw the Fukua trailer. He said "Yeah, people at the [Capcom] office were pretty salty about that."
At first (pre-edit post) I wasn't making the connection between Combofiend and salt at the office but then...
Mission accomplished?:PUN:

Well, Capcom, in the immortal words of Hawkeye Gough: One's demise is always one's own making.
(Yes, I do know there's more to Fukua and the Decrape thing was mostly a fun coincidence.)

There's a big difference between adding Decapre-the-collection-of-game-mechanics, and the PR surrounding adding Decapre-as-a-reskinned-Cammy.
I support Decapre the character - as long as she is differentiated enough and gets the same amount of testing time as others do - but she was very poorly presented.
And it was a conscious choice to do so, by someone, with full knowledge of the probable reaction. How could we not poke some fun?
Then again, like P.T. Barnum said, "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

If anything, I'd hope the fact that Fukua is so different from Filia after under a week of work would encourage people to be less dumb about reacting to Decapre.

Last edited:
Pretty much.
The issue with Decapre is not the character herself but hyping her for almost a year, while leaving a trail of crums and then add fire to the flame with statements like "People are going to hate her."
After DmC's poor sales, I thought Capcom learned that consciously taunting their fanbase is not a legitimate marketing strategy.

Personally, I found the worst thing about the Decapre hype train to be: "Only four people on the internet guessed it."
The moment they started giving hints about a fifth character, everybody - freakin' everybody! - said it would be Decapre or Sarai because "Capcom is lazy and cuts corners so it's either a Cammy clone or a Ibuki clone lel".

But deliberately lying to people, not misleading nor feeding them half-truths has always been a card of theirs. As a fan of a couple of other IPs of theirs, I'm well familiar with that. -_-"

As for Fukua, I already said my piece about her, I understand the "story" behind her and I'm all for the girl, provided said story is made apparent, or rather, out of sight. :3
It is a matter out of discussion and regardless of what is done, it is not significant enough to blemish my enjoyment of the game... besides severely triggering my Filiaphobia (quite a interesting term). <:3

In reference to the saltyness thing, I would be a bit sad if that's true, 'cause it was all in good fun and it all just converged at the right time. Heck, Ono even retweeted the Fukua trailer with a smiley. I personally love the guys at Capcom.

I'm interested in seeing how Decapre plays. Most people I saw while lurking were annoyed by the hype building "BRAND NEW CHARACTER" for months and existing Cammy wounds (so much RIP Sim tweets).

Heart shaped fireflies

I just merged it to the poll thread since this is where all the "ideas" have been.

Since at this point Fukua seems very likely to stay in the game for good due to continued development support, I'm locking thread because the OP purpose of gauging the interest on "if the character should stay?" has long since passed here. Continue general Fukua discussion here or any other appropriate Fukua themed thread. At this point this thread just became a 2nd Fukua GD now and we don't need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.