• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Post your last suggestions for Skullgirls Encore here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flotilla

Reaction score
Big Band Big Band Big Band
From here on out, all suggestions sent to Mike's PM inbox will be ignored. Use this thread instead!

As all of you know, Skullgirls Encore is wrapping up active development; Robo-Fortune is complete, the PS4/Vita ports are on the horizon, and a lot of people are getting antsy. Now that the time for user input to matter is rapidly diminishing, many of you have been overwhelming @Mike_Z 's inbox with suggestions, requests, and reminders. To mitigate the flood of suggestions, Mike has requested that all final community suggestions for Skullgirls Encore be posted here. This will ensure that all suggestions are in one neat area instead of several dozen PMs. It also means that the rest of the community can view your suggestions and comment on their quality, instead of Mike having to be the one to shoot everyone down. :p

*DO* Suggest:
  • Minor quality-of-life improvements or fixes that would not significantly alter the game.

*DON'T* Suggest:
  • Significant gameplay alterations. We are in the final days of the Endless Beta, there is no time to play-test large character alterations. 99% of these won't be considered.
  • Anything that requires additional voice acting, such as new lines. All character lines have been recorded, including ones you haven't yet heard: there are no more recording sessions planned, so don't ask for new voice acting.
  • Anything that requires a large amount of work by multiple people, such as new game modes, new animations, new characters (don't be that guy), etc. There's simply no time for any of this.

From this point on, please do not tag MikeZ with any posts in this thread. The whole point of this thread is to reduce notifications aimed at him.

(This thread is not for bug reports or other unintended issues; please report those in this subforum.)

Last edited:
Would there be ANY way to have some kind of indicator set where you can see at a glance when a character has an unused taunt buff in place like Band's upgraded Blockbusters, Robo's double-missles or Sekhmet's regen, instead of just having to remember in the heat of the moment that you still have a taunt effect ready?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad
Copy/Pasted from a thread I made a while back.

• For characters who have charge moves such as Big Band and Parasoul, the sense of timing one needs to perform a charge move as quickly as possible is very difficult to grasp for those who aren't used to playing charge characters (such as myself). If a visual notification could be implemented in some way to let the player know in Training Mode when a charge move is done charging, it would help me build the charge time into my memory better. My suggestion for this topic: if someone has Input Display in training mode set to either "stick" or "all", the joystick that appears on the left side of the screen will turn from white to red (or any other color that isn't white) when held in a direction long enough to fulfill the charge requirement for a charge move. Again, I'm open for any other suggestions regarding the issue!

Really hope this makes it in!

A reminder: This thread actually serves a serious purpose. All non-serious suggestions will be dealt with accordingly. Meaning deletions, warnings and bans where appropriate.

Reactions: Slap, Kai and Ryin
I'd like an option (edit: In training) to turn off which player's Button inputs are being shown. Like, in the photo Below, using "Show all" puts an input list and a Stick graphic for Player 2, which gets annoying when making a video of a combo and the dummy is flailing about on their pretend stick. Also I kinda understand why the Input list for P2 is up there, but it's kinda in the way.

Any news on the Replay Theater mode would be cool too.

Uhm.. I know there was some other suggestions I wanted to put out here, but I can't think of any for some reason..

Oh and a Kit Ballard Pa-- *SHOT!*

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
This is maybe asking too much but anyway, let's put it here:

A handicap option for local and unranked matches, to make more comfortable for beginners against advanced level friends.
some ideas for handicap/buff: less life, less drama required for undizzy.

Also, it should be noted that no one at L0 is under any obligation to respond, discuss or implement any suggestions you make in here. Please don't get angry because your ideas are not added to the game, or Mike or someone does not discuss the reason why with you.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
Sound gallery. To have a way to listen to all of those little talky talks the characters say and musics stuff.

I know what you were expecting.

Sound gallery. To have a way to listen to all of those little talky talks the characters say and musics stuff.

I know what you were expecting.
Actually this is a good idea, instead of having to "data mine" the sound bites.

For the PC version typing the lobby name would be dope, instead of just selecting one from the list.

For the PC version typing the lobby name would be dope, instead of just selecting one from the list.

People asked for this in 2013, Mike declined because people would be able to make blatantly offensive lobby names.

Reactions: Azginporsuk
Maybe more of the playable characters appearing as background characters? Like Painwheel hiding in the shadows in Maplecrest, or Eliza relaxing in Bath of Tefnut?

I'm with Dio on that one. It'd be amazing

I recall assists that utilize button holding have been brought up in the past. I suppose there might not have been feasible to implement them since I haven't seen it mentioned for a while now, but still worth a shot. (Was referring to Hatred moves in general, but RF's s.MP change reminded me of it)

On the aesthetic front, I would love to see Peacock's old intro being added.

You don't take any damage parrying a projectile. But I guess that would be too powerful against Fukuas.

And more lobby options like:
  • Nº of Rounds
  • Time Limit
And... I guess that's it.

Does this include bug reports/balance concerns? I wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring the beta updates thread at this point so I'll quote myself in the event that this is a bug or otherwise unintended
It seems unclear if Bellas elbow drop was supposed to get better on block when it was changed not long ago. I don't have old data at hand myself but apparently it was consistently -5 on block before, whereas now the in-game frame data says +3 for instant elbow drop vs Filia, with the occasional +7 (The latter seems to be if I deliberately go for a kara j.mp~elbow, if that's a thing)

Reactions: IsaVulpes
You don't take any damage parrying a projectile. But I guess that would be too powerful against Fukuas.

This won't happen; Mike doesn't want sitting at the opposite end of the screen against a zoner to be a valid strategy.

Does this include bug reports

Read the OP!

Does this include bug reports/balance concerns? I wouldn't blame anyone for ignoring the beta updates thread at this point so I'll quote myself in the event that this is a bug or otherwise unintended

(This thread is not for bug reports or other unintended issues; please report those in this subforum.)

EDIT: Ninja'd

When inside a lobby, add the option: "become idle" to allow the other players to play like there's no one else in the room. I'm suggesting this because when there's three people in a lobby and one of them is just streaming (not playing) the other players return to the lobby after each match instead being allowed to hit play again button. This will make things faster for streams, specially tournaments. Sorry if anyone already suggested that.

I didn't knew we could PM mike in the first place! That and the beta thread...must be hard to stay sane this long...

I think it was already shooted down(people would have disabled big band...), but something i like in all fighters is having the option to play versus a human with custom rules. More specifically, being able to play with an healthbar 3 times bigger than usual(makes for more climatic match and increase chance of pulling LV3 or LV5, especially during one on one fight) or shortening the number of hit needed for using a burst(ideal for people that want less combo and more 'initial hit' in a match), or even activate those controversial super jump Mike implemented a while back! All this is not for competitive match of course, justt something on the side.

I don't expect to see anything like this in the current game(too much variables are dependent of the curent min/max of values) but if another game is made one day, i would really like if this was possible!

In all cases, thanks for all the work you've put in the game, it was really fun to see it progress gradually! Hopefully it will pay off soon enough!

When inside a lobby, add the option: "become idle" to allow the other players to play like there's no one else in the room. I'm suggesting this because when there's three people in a lobby and one of them is just streaming (not playing) the other players return to the lobby after each match instead being allowed to hit play again button. This will make things faster for streams, specially tournaments. Sorry if anyone already suggested that.
Maybe include an option near the beginning of a match to unidle in case the person does want to get in on the next one?

Maybe include an option near the beginning of a match to unidle in case the person does want to get in on the next one?

Or the idle person can press start at any point of the match to make players return to lobby after the end of that match.

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
I think it was already shooted down(people would have disabled big band...), but something i like in all fighters is having the option to play versus a human with custom rules. More specifically, being able to play with an healthbar 3 times bigger than usual(makes for more climatic match and increase chance of pulling LV3 or LV5, especially during one on one fight) or shortening the number of hit needed for using a burst(ideal for people that want less combo and more 'initial hit' in a match), or even activate those controversial super jump Mike implemented a while back! All this is not for competitive match of course, justt something on the side.

This is maybe asking too much but anyway, let's put it here:

A handicap option for local and unranked matches, to make more comfortable for beginners against advanced level friends.
some ideas for handicap/buff: less life, less drama required for undizzy.

IIRC, Mike is opposed to adding more gameplay-altering options that could potentially fragment the community. "I'll only play with good players if they turn on handicap, I'll only play with people who enable superjump", etc.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but could you PLEASE make people kickable during lobby countdowns? Too many times does some US player join my lobby (I'm EU) and then I can't kick them because the countdown has already started. Annoying!

IIRC, Mike is opposed to adding more gameplay-altering options that could potentially fragment the community. "I'll only play with good players if they turn on handicap, I'll only play with people who enable superjump", etc.
Roger that.

Another thing: lobby room names for characters released after Squigly.

Edit: Oh Muro asked for it already, sorry

Local coop arcade mode (sounds wierd but let me explain).
A mode where you can plug multiple controllers (up to 4) to your console/pc and play a local coop match, wheter it be an arcade cooperative or a multi chracter coop match.

This could work similarly how MK9 did tag matches, where if you input the character change command in the other player would be in control with the next character. With 3 chracters the thing becomes really intersting, you could have normal tag in and outs between 2 characters but for 3 the inactive player could prompt the command to switch which character would be switched next time the active one decides to tag in.

I explained this feature in one of my first posts on the forum ages ago: http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/local-coop-arcade-mode-mode-request.977/ (Mike has shown interest so I'm still hopefull).

Just as an additional thing: Skullgirls dev is almost finished. The idea of this thread is not to add huge game altering things, but small minor things you think are missing / would be good additions / need fixing. There's physically no time to be doing much outside of the final push to PS4, so try to be realistic in what you're suggesting here.

Things like adding in whole new modes with multiple controller and player support would require a ton of new programming work done, and even aside from that it would need new art assets created which is a big drain.

Last edited:
I would like Cerebella's c.mp to hit every time against Painwheel after Pummel Horse (testing it, looks like it misses too often when facing right, but facing left isn't bad). Would also like Deflector's Diamond's hitbox extended downwards to the ground so there are no instances of Peacock or any other characters magically dodging the diamond with one of their normals or whatever. Also would be nice if hitting a dead point character with a snap would restore a solo's health.

Well, pie in the sky perhaps, but I'd still love to see the characters get a couple extra intros and/or winposes utilizing existing assets. I remember Zazz posted some very practical looking ideas in his Art Thread, but even simpler ones using mostly still frames could still add some nice variety to the game. The art's already there, so it'd just be cool to see if it could be used in other creative ways.

Other than that, I'm just hoping the PS4 content can find its way to Steam. The extra modes should keep guys like me busy for a good while.

Since 2nd Encore is getting trials can we get something similar to the PC's Typing of the Skullgirls for Consoles?
I'm basing this from how I'm guessing the trials will have a display similar to Xrd's where parts of the combo go dark as you do them.
Thus, can't Miku-zee simply port that over to supers and have button inputs instead of typing.
I probably don't know what I'm talking about and it's probably much MUCH harder than I think, but if it's possible and not too time-consuming or hard it'd definitely be a nice addition to consoles.
Actually, just sync it up to the BGM and paste "Rhythm Mode" onto 2nd Encore's new features and sell more copies~~

Not so much of a suggestion as it is a clarification but... is this the intended name for Fukua's sMK?
QoxQk58.jpg

Reactions: Nomad and Dime
Allow the camera to zoom out when both point characters are too far apart vertically (like the zoom out that already happens horizontally) to avoid having one character out of the screen (to some extent) when the other one jumps too high. The same effect as with Cerebella's Diamond Drop (qcf.throw).

Can the Peacock singing animation be used anywhere? It's fully animated and coloured, it's a pity to just leave it there. The Double's trap super being included gave me some hope...
Make it a powerless taunt because fuck everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.