• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pretzel's Art (?) Thread

Prisceel

Undead
Reaction score
Parasoul Filia Fukua
Hi! This is my art thread! I've bought a drawing tablet recently and I've been really wanting to get into digital art. Unfortunately, my art skills aren't very good in the first place. That's where this thread and you come in! I'm going to do a thing where I post a new drawing/doodle (usually doodle) hopefully every day. Practice makes perfect, right? I'm really looking for some constructive criticism and helpful techniques to improve my drawing skills!

I suggest you have this link ready at all times to prepare yourself: http://kidbleach.info/

Today's doodle is a quick drawing of Annie, because I figured I should post something Skullgirls related on these forums for once~
gXJfJ9K.png
Oh yeah, I'm probably taking requests or something so I always have a doodle to draw c:

Reactions: southpawper
Hi everyone! Here's today's doodle. I remembered that I had one of these bad boys laying in my shelf, so I used it for this one. This one is a bit different because I didn't do any shading or show any lines. I mean, I colored over the lines to get this whole thing but uh anyways.
2GhV0jY.png

Image is of Aeon, as requested by @Skullmageddon
I feel kind of guilty about not drawing a face or fingers...​

Don't feel bad about not drawing the face or fingers, but if those are things that you don't always feel comfortable drawing then you should force yourself to draw them when you can!

I guess the next drawing will focus on the face and fingers then!
And the shoulders
god i hate drawing shoulders

Hi everyone! (or at least the people who read this thread) Today's drawing focuses on the face only because I was super tired. Okay, not really because her bang covers a side of her face. This one is of Parasoul, as requested by a lurker. The lines are a bit cleaner this time around because I used the snap tool. I don't know what it's called in other programs, but that's what it's called in FireAlpaca. Not sure if using this tool is something I should get used to or not.

iCwZXNr.png

Reactions: southpawper
Just out of curiosity, are you trying to (in the long run) improve your skills in a professional sense or are you simply drawing for fun at this point? It doesn't matter either way, but I ask because you've requested constructive criticism and advice. It doesn't effect the criticism in any way, but it's still nice to know when it comes to analyzing a work and providing suggestions or advice :)

That being said, you should be forewarned; I generally don't give advice unless I have something bad to say about the work. It's not that I'm trying to be mean, it's just that I highly value advice that points out negatives over praise. If you aren't looking for a real critique then you should say so, otherwise I likely won't speak my mind unless I see something that I think needs improvement :P

snip
For the most part, it's mainly for fun. I do really want to get into the art industry at some point. That's way far off though so yeah, it's just for fun I guess. I don't get too much people looking at the things I draw, so any advice and constructive criticism is super duper welcome!

Swamped with work, probably no update today~

Still a bit sleepy from staying up so late, so today's drawing is just me practicing eyes. Yaaaay. Oh yeah, I found out that FireAlpaca, the program I use, has a pen stabilizer like other programs so I don't have to use the snap tool. Yaaay. I'm sleepy. Gimme coffee.
8QHqTlb.png

Hi. Today I have two little doodles. One is done with hard shading while the other is done in soft shading. I have them side by side to compare. This was another learning art experiment for me like the eye doodle above. Eventually, I'll try practicing using both hard and soft in the same drawing, but alas, I am tired.

FP1iSAn.png
4oMFVn7.png

Edit: Will I ever be able to draw two eyes on the same person? Tune in next time to... uh​

Last edited:
Today's doodle is a drawing of George. I found a different shading style which was using the line color as the only shading. It looked muuuuch better on their drawing, though. Oh well.

yNz7agQ.png

Oh yeah, he doesn't have the fire on his head cuz I wanted to keep this page from being dangerous. c:​

Reactions: Skullmageddon
Hi! I didn't upload yesterday because I was super busy with work. I wasn't even able to post a "sorry I'm busy" message. Anyways, here's today's drawing(s). Today I used the lines match the thing they're outlining thing... stuff... Anyways I'm posting two versions of the drawing. One with bright spots and one without bright spots to compare. Oh yeah, today's image is of Avery.

7uFqsKM.png
Q98se26.png

Hey! I've been caught up with a bunch of things like holidays and new years so there's been no updates. I probably can't do this daily anymore but I will remember to draw something every now and then.

Here's today's drawing. I decided to draw Parasoul again! I experimented with a brush that I've never used before. The watercolor bruuuush~
K0TPpfm.png