• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Problems performing Quarter Circle actions.

R.Shenanigans

Reaction score
So I've been having an issue with the PC version of Skullgirls recently with the quarter circle movements. I first noticed it today when trying out Beowulf and was having a lot of issues with using his specials. About 1 in every 10 attempts I've done I actually manage to perform the moves. I found this a bit fishy, I guess because fairly recently beforehand a friend of mine talked about his own issues with the quarter circle movements with Squigly. I got curious and decided to experiment on the training mode to see what was going on. My findings is that the game had a hard time detecting the diagonal movement for the quarter circle movement, even though I am rolling the stick in the QC movements, and it only detects the down and left/right directions. Its only when I go really slow is when it actually detects diagonal directions.
For reference both me and my friend were using 360 controllers and after seeing another friend of mine who did some animation work for Beowulf play Skullgirls on Nightmare with Peacock, using an arcade stick, I am wondering if tracking analog stick movement for the 360 controllers is a bit off. I'll get this out there and I really don't know about how this is all handled, but since my friend, the one who has been having the issues, has been playing fighting games far longer than I have and knows more about it than I do, I wonder if this issue can be fixed.

Can anyone give a little input in the issues I've been having? And maybe clear up a lot I know I'm probably getting wrong with describing my issues?

Two things I can suggest are turning on input display and slowing down your inputs until you feel comfortable enough with them to try going faster. That's assuming you don't have any hardware problems and I didn't miss anything obvious in your explanation (I can be dumb).

That's actually what I did to see what was going on with the quarter circle moves being unresponsive and how I know the diagonal movements aren't registering. Its that when I go at a speed that I see as fast, it just skips the diagonal direction outright and skips to the cardinal directions.