• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS Vita PS Vita Bugs Mega Thread

Reaction score
Robo Fortune Double
Playstation Vita Bug Report Thread.

Please post all bugs related to the playstation vita release here so the team can address them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: gluemchen
SruLFY9.jpg

On the PSVita version, which I was the first to get it, our usernames are too big and are on the wrong place. They are supposed to be below the health bars and they are needed to be small. It is not supposed to stay that way because that size will block some of the third person on your team's health bar.

I forgot to mention the character names are on a crooked place.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Does this happen in EVERY match, or only sometimes?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Does this happen in EVERY match, or only sometimes?
That happens on every online match. Also, the quotes during online needs to be fixed, like in the PC version.

meL71Uv.jpg

Take a closer look at this, and you will see the lowercase "f" on the character select screen. The top one is fine, but the bottom one has a lowercase "f" between the period and the capital "O".

Last edited:
I just want to thank the skullgirls team/porting people for making the vita version of skullgirls as this is 4 years in waiting for me personally, the game play wonderful and there are only the minor hints of slowdown , but nothing game changing to say the least.

now on to the bad things about the game,

1)Now I know you guys basically just compressed the ps4 version into the vita but the text and blurry textures make me wanna vomit , because my eyes try to focus too hard to reading things on the screen, very tough stuff.

2)Crashing, now this has randomly happen to me once from just selecting modes, I would of caught a SS, but it seem it didnt capture well.

3)I let the game stay in sleep mode for a night long inside training, and when I returned to the game the game started to run at a abysmally framerate, and the only way to stop it was to reload the training mode.

Im very passionate about the vita version survival even if it just a handful of people playing it in the end of the day, but I rather not let the game go to waste, and try to be one of the best playstation vita fighters

Sound Popping as well, games like Digimon and Injustice happen to have this,

it mostly happens when entering back from a suspended game

On the PSVita version, I found the following bugs below.

-PSN Username size and place issue
-No double snap music
-Character names on a crooked place
-Unstable sound clips when back to the game that was suspended
-Right speaker is quiet (When selecting a character for player two, the sound is quiet.)

Last edited:
Reactions: skull person
@render @Mike_Z
Cleaned up all the PS Vita related posts and condensed them into this thread and stickied it.
This thread is probably worth a watch for any future posts.

There was no double snap music in this version.
Oops, I moved your post over here so it's all in one spot.
Thanks!

Last edited:
The worst part is, I can't go on other applications until I close Skullgirls. It sucks.

The worst part is, I can't go on other applications until I close Skullgirls. It sucks.

Is that different from how it works with other game applications? (That's a serious question, btw, since I have no idea.)

A couple things to share:

- I can't get the Threads of Fate trophy to pop. I had previously finished the first 5 out 6 stories on the ps4 and then finished the rest on vita and replayed the ones I previously played on ps4 again on vita so that all 14 show 'completed'. I tried replaying some after that point but no luck. All story trophies are unlocked and all 14 characters show completed.

- along those lines I've had the game randomly stop saving during single player content. I played 8 of the story modes in one sitting and all showed completed. When I closed and reopened the game the last three no longer showed complete. Same with the tutorial - I did all of the non character lessons in one sitting except the last one (drama, after the IPS tutorial). When I closed and reopened only the first 10 or so had been saved.

- someone already mentioned the massive framerate drag after suspending and returning to the game mid fight

Thanks for the rad port guys.

Is that different from how it works with other game applications? (That's a serious question, btw, since I have no idea.)

Most games on vita you can suspend and go do other stuff - remote play, check trophies, party chat, etc. A few games apparently require more resources and have to be closed before you can open anything else.

That's the worst part, and it is not supposed to happen when you're checking your friends and doing other stuff. So yes, it is different.

A few games apparently require more resources and have to be closed before you can open anything else.

This would explain it, then. We are using everything the Vita will possibly allow to make SG run.

This would explain it, then. We are using everything the Vita will possibly allow to make SG run.
Smash for 3DS takes the memory used for running the Menu OS and steals it for the game so you can't use some features.

"Due to the high amount of RAM required to run Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, users cannot use the Internet Browser or Miiverse during gameplay, unless one uses a New Nintendo 3DS, which features more RAM than the 3DS, 3DS XL, and 2DS, and can run these applications when Smash 4 is being played. This means that only players with a New 3DS can post screenshots of the game to Miiverse in the middle of the match, but you can still upload saved screenshots to Miiverse on both the New 3DS and the normal 3DS. All other functions, however, can still be used with the regular 3DS while Smash 4 is being played."

So this sounds completely fine to me : )

Anything to make it fit and run at 60!

Reactions: earlfriend
Trophies Glitch with story mode? pretty sure it something to do with Sleep mode.

Also the game dip during Fukua Last Fight with Filla, might be the stage itself idk

Attachments

• 2016-04-12-124909.jpg
    2016-04-12-124909.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 793
  • 2016-04-12-124917.jpg
    2016-04-12-124917.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 774
  • 2016-04-12-162401.jpg
    2016-04-12-162401.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 774
  • 2016-04-12-162424.jpg
    2016-04-12-162424.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 761
We'll look into the story mode trophies issue. Thank you!

the game dip
Could you elaborate a little bit? Do you mean the game slows down? Freezes? Not sure what you mean.

We'll look into the story mode trophies issue. Thank you!

Could you elaborate a little bit? Do you mean the game slows down? Freezes? Not sure what you mean.
Game slightly dip in what I assume is the frame rate I guess and the game then looks like it running underwater, only for a couple seconds though.

it was kinda annoying because of the AI of Filla even at easy mode

I also request a "cross save " function if you can, if you cant make the trophies list separate,

not sure how much "vita resources" you be using for the game, but when you do implement a lobby function it going be difficult to invite people to start playing , if we can access the friends list or message app,and yes they could just search up the lobby, im just thinking of convenience that all.

Is it just me or is there some weird skips online? I thought it was lag but on PS4 every match runs smooth.

Reactions: ImpTenebraum444
Big Band's level 3 (long version) caused a crash that made my Vita unable to use any applications.

Trophies Glitch with story mode? pretty sure it something to do with Sleep mode.

I ran into this exact same issue too, was also suspecting sleep mode. After a certain point, loading screens wouldn't show up, and it'd just show the last image on screen until the next event was loaded.

However, I developed a worse issue.

I eventually beat every story mode by continually restarting the game and refusing to let it go to sleep. Both the game, and my trophy list agree, I've beat the story for all characters, except...

ELsffWY.jpg

Someone please kill me.

I've been trying to replay every character again one by one but it's going about as well as you'd expect. I did some research and found someone posted that they replayed them all with no luck, reset their save data, and it still didn't trigger after beating everything a 3rd time.

I want to believe, so I'm not giving up. I'm replaying everyone again. I'll post if I get it to unlock.

Oh, also, I found another bug. I'm on the physical JP release version, and for those who don't know, the JP standard is O to advance and X to return to previous (see below)

EOfCkMe.jpg

Anyways, I happen to notice that the button prompts in the Art Gallery are displaying the wrong standard for JP. The Circle button still opens and the Cross button still closes, but the UI is incorrect. Also, the START button prompt is a little on the massive side.

kyncrFc.jpg

Also, this might just be a me thing, but I played this game on both my JP Vita (NA account) and my NA PlayStationTV (JP account), and in both scenarios, the game defaulted the in-game language to, well, "default", which happens to be English.

Now, I don't have a JP system with a JP account on it, but I've covered both bases and I'm pretty sure that the game defaults to English on the JP cart. Can someone confirm this? Would be kinda shitty for JP players to be greeted to a game that doesn't actually default to Japanese.

Well, I tried playing through story mode on my PlayStation TV on a separate account and had the same issue. Went through every story mode, didn't skip any cutscenes, had no bugs, but the Threads of Fate trophy didn't trigger. Is there something more to it than just beating every character's story mode?

I'm also having some, er, issues regarding trophies.

Specifically, I am unable to acquire the trophy for completing Fukua's story mode, despite having cleared it twice. The first time resulted in the "Completed" label showing up for her on the character select screen, but without getting a trophy. I also then completed Big Band and Eliza's stories, but got neither trophies nor "Completed's" for them. Then I called it a night, and turned my PSTV off. The second time, I had played through all the stories I was missing and gotten their trophies/Completed's (including Big Band and Eliza), and decided to attempt Fukua's story again -- but still no trophy (though I did get her shadow-related one in the process). It is perhaps also worth mentioning that both times in the Fukua vs. Filia fight, there would be moments where the action would freeze briefly. It was almost like having sporadic segments of contained lag, though my suspicion is that the system is just processing a lot for that one particular fight for...whatever reason.

...I guess while I'm posting here, I might as well also mention a minor graphical issue in Big Band's story mode. In the Act 7 cinematic, Brain Drain's silhouette dealy does its "dissipation" animation once he finishes talking, but then remains on screen for the rest of the scene. Also, Painwheel disappears right as Big Band starts saying, "The difference is..." Though once she does, Brain Drain's silhouette starts giving off Painwheel-shaped "echoes" instead of himself.

For reference, I'm playing the digital copy of Skullgirls on my NA PSTV. Hope any of this is helpful! ^_^;

...I guess while I'm posting here, I might as well also mention a minor graphical issue in Big Band's story mode. In the Act 7 cinematic, Brain Drain's silhouette dealy does its "dissipation" animation once he finishes talking, but then remains on screen for the rest of the scene. Also, Painwheel disappears right as Big Band starts saying, "The difference is..." Though once she does, Brain Drain's silhouette starts giving off Painwheel-shaped "echoes" instead of himself.
I have the same problem on my Vita copy, but with mine the audio cut out during the cut scene and the game crashes to a black screen after a while.

I'm having problems with the sküllgirls trophy: the game shows every single tutorial as completed, but the trophy does not show up. I don't have problems with the other trophies though.

Hi guys, first off I'd just like to say this is my first ever post on this forum, but I've been following Skullgirls since the initial vanilla trailers :). This game has been amazing across every iteration so I'm grateful that my first ever interaction with you guys and by extent Lab Zero is an avenue toward even furthering the game's quality. But time for the actual bug:

The PSVita version has blurry textures/text that is immediately recognizeable. Maybe up the game to native resolution? (Since I've heard the game runs subnatively).

This game would be absolutely perfect if a fix is possible :PUJNA:

Hi guys, first off I'd just like to say this is my first ever post on this forum, but I've been following Skullgirls since the initial vanilla trailers :). This game has been amazing across every iteration so I'm grateful that my first ever interaction with you guys and by extent Lab Zero is an avenue toward even furthering the game's quality. But time for the actual bug:

The PSVita version has blurry textures/text that is immediately recognizeable. Maybe up the game to native resolution? (Since I've heard the game runs subnatively).

This game would be absolutely perfect if a fix is possible :PUJNA:
I can't seem to find the post but I'm pretty sure Mike said he wasn't sure if anything could be done about that.
At the very least I think he is aware of the issue.

I'm having troubles with the "Threads of Fate" trophy, I just completed all the characters' stories and could not make that trophy to pop, I tried replaying Fukua's story, since she was the last one I finished, and nothing. I also thought that I should re play the first character's story I ever completed and that was Squigly's story, but nope, the trophy for having all the stories completed did not unlock. Please, if you could do something about it, maybe release a patch, because I'm loving the game, it's just awesome (I'm a newcomer, being the Vita version my first version of the game, and until now, the only one. Can't wait to own a PS4 and play it there too), so yeah, please fix that issue.

Again, the game is excellent and I'm having a blast (and a hard time trying to be good at it, but it's part of the fun) with this game, thanks for the port, minus some issues, you guys have done an excellent job.

There are still bugs that are left behind, even in the lobby patch, such as unstable audio and voice clips, crooked character positions and the right speaker is still quiet.

unstable audio and voice clips

Can you please elaborate? Where in the game are you experiencing this? Story Mode? During battle? US/EU version, or Japanese version, and if it's the Japanese version, which voice language setting?

crooked character positions

Can you elaborate on this too? Are you talking about their portraits in battle? Or something in Story Mode?

Can you please elaborate? Where in the game are you experiencing this? Story Mode? During battle? US/EU version, or Japanese version, and if it's the Japanese version, which voice language setting?

Can you elaborate on this too? Are you talking about their portraits in battle? Or something in Story Mode?
I'm talking about the crooked positions of the character names below their portraits in game and the audio and voice clips are not playing rarely still on all modes.

Last edited:
Update: Since I have the PS4 version too (I was the guy who was complaining about not getting the Threads of fate trophy) I decided to play there, on the PS4 for a second time a character's story, I played with Squigly, and got the trophy, and I have only completed two stories, I think on the PS4. So at least I got the trophy, but still, I didn't get to unlock all the arts related to completing every story in the Vita version so I still have to complete all the stories in the PS4 version to see what those are xD

the crooked positions of the character names below their portraits in game

Can you provide a screenshot of the crooked character name positions?

Here's a screenshot of our current in-house development build. Is this how they look for you? These don't look crooked to us...
VitaScreen.jpg

the audio and voice clips are not playing rarely still on all modes.

Sorry, but we need some further clarification. Are you saying that on rare occasion some audio and voice clips don't play (i.e. playing most of the time, but SOMEtimes not playing)? Or are you saying that they are rarely playing (i.e. MOST of the time they're not playing)?
is he saying it's rare that they're not playing, or that they're rarely playing?

Can you provide a screenshot of the crooked character name positions?

Here's a screenshot of our current in-house development build. Is this how they look for you? These don't look crooked to us...

Sorry, but we need some further clarification. Are you saying that on rare occasion some audio and voice clips don't play (i.e. playing most of the time, but SOMEtimes not playing)? Or are you saying that they are rarely playing (i.e. MOST of the time they're not playing)?
is he saying it's rare that they're not playing, or that they're rarely playing?
Yes, they look crooked because the names are supposed to be between the dots at each end. As for the audio and video clips, they don't play on rare occasions.

Like a couple of other posters here in this thread, I was also affected by the "Threads of Fate" trophy bug. I re-installed my digital copy of the game recently due to the release of the latest patch that addresses this issue, so I replayed a story for one of the characters, but nothing STILL popped up after I finished story mode, even with the patch.

I tried numerous workarounds, such as deleting and re-installing the game AGAIN, downloading the most recent save from the PS Plus cloud storage, turning off and turning back on the PS TV, rebuilding the database after a memory card switch, playing a different character, performing a manual trophy sync through the server, but nothing worked.

The game is very awesome, and the development team has done tremendous work with the game, it's just unfortunate and disappointing that this remains a persistent issue for me after finishing the story mode for all characters the first time around.

If there's anything else the Lab Zero team can do, I would greatly appreciate it.