• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Public Service Announcement: Big Band NOT Coming out on April 1st for PC, unless...

guitalex2007

Reaction score
Steam
guitalex2007
PSN
guitalex2007
XBL
guitalex2010
...it also comes out on consoles by then. For some reason, there have been rumors that Big Band will be on PC regardless of the console submission process by April 1st.

Remember this?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing?c=activity

An excerpt will surely give you the answers you seek.

"We’ve read console players’ posts online and understand your unhappiness about having to wait so long to get Squigly, and so we’ve decided to delay the PC release of future characters to match that of their console iterations. By this point we’ll have the Skullgirls Encore transition behind us, and estimate this would add 4-6 weeks’ time to a character's PC release. This will also give future characters more time in beta, assuring that more balance and other bugs are fixed before their release on console, as well as make sure that their story modes are on your system of choice before they’re on YouTube."

So... stop saying he's coming out on PC April 1st. That will be all.

Reactions: earlfriend
Uh, last I heard, it was also coming to consoles on April 1?

Reactions: Goodbye18000
From the newspost on the salty update in question:
If Big Band patch gets approved, Big Band will be available on April 1st.
Ain't no patch approval for PC, it's obviously talking about consoles.

Actually I told guitalex this, because I asked Ravid about it. So YOUR info is outdated, sir. You have been served. :^)

Reactions: WarpedEcho
So I take it to mean the patch did, in fact, not get approved, then?

Maybe the patch didn't fall through, guitar could just be saying that the future is simply uncertain, but we can hope for the best!

both Ravid and Mike have casually chimed in to say that if there are significant delays on consoles it'll come out earlier on PC

Fixed that for you.

Why on EARTH would you take it to mean that? Why would you read anything extra into what I said? Do you like to cause drama and give me grey hairs?

All I said was, he ain't comin' to PC Real Game early. IF WE KNEW WHEN THE DAMN PATCH WAS COMING OUT YOU WOULD ALSO KNOW THAT.

/signout

[edit]
/signin
It's been submitted, that's all we know. It doesn't get approved in a day, you...you...person.
/signoutagain

Yeah, I kinda had a feeling this was going to happen when Ravidrath announced that they were going to throttle PC retail updates to be more in line with consoles.

So I take it to mean the patch did, in fact, not get approved, then?
It never works out the first time. That's the Lab Zero guarantee!

7JIDz.jpg

Why on EARTH would you take it to mean that? Why would you read anything extra into what I said? Do you like to cause drama and give me grey hairs?

All I said was, he ain't comin' to PC Real Game early. IF WE KNEW WHEN THE DAMN PATCH WAS COMING OUT YOU WOULD ALSO KNOW THAT.

/signout

[edit]
/signin
It's been submitted, that's all we know. It doesn't get approved in a day, you...you...person.
/signoutagain
mRbzuwP.png
Sony and Microsoft pls patch, I want to wreck people on Xbox because a lot probably don't know how to deal with Squigly and BB. . . .

Do you like to cause drama and give me grey hairs?
GOD yes.

Reactions: Muro
I blame all the attention this thread is getting on the front page for shortening the title to "Public Service Announcement: Big Band NOT Coming..." and the ensuing panic.

And what I said is what I meant. If (and only if) by chance there is mention of the patches being approved at any point with a release date of April 1st for BOTH consoles, then we can expect BB to release on April 1st on PC.

If not, then we wait. Come on, guys, waiting is what we're good for.

- We waited for Skullgirls to release on Summer 2011.
- We waited for Skullgirls to release on Winter 2011.
- We waited for Skullgirls to release on Spring 2012.
- We waited for Skullgirls to release on April 2012.
- We waited for Skullgirls to be patched for months.
- We waited for Skullgirls to be patched on 360 for four more months.
- We waited for Squigly to be released.
- We waited for Encore for PS3.
- We waited for Encore for EU PS3.
- We're still waiting for Encore for JP PS3 and 360.

What's two more weeks?

Last edited:
Actually I told guitalex this, because I asked Ravid about it. So YOUR info is outdated, sir. You have been served. :^)

Aww, dang. Thanks for the update!

I get the feeling this thread is a bomb waiting to blow up and someone is gonna set it off real soon.....

Reactions: Arcana
I blame all the attention this thread is getting on the front page for shortening the title to "Public Service Announcement: Big Band NOT Coming..." and the ensuing panic.

And what I said is what I meant. If (and only if) by chance there is mention of the patches being approved at any point with a release date of April 1st for BOTH consoles, then we can expect BB to release on April 1st on PC.

What's two more weeks?
Nope, this is the straw. The straw, I say! I'm a KI3 player now.

What's two more weeks?
You forgot how we waited a month for the pc beta to be released ;)

Reactions: Error Macro
I honestly didn't think anyone made a big deal out of that statement. I think we all just assumed that this meant we'd see BB in for EVO if console updates were stalled until... June which would be absolutely insane and probably a good point to just put BB on the PC.

I seriously don't expect them to hold off on releasing him for another 3 months if things are stalled for that long, but I guess I wouldn't care much either.

So when will my guaifu be here?
Do you like to cause drama and give me grey hairs?

/signout

[edit]
/signin
/signoutagain
Dear god Mike, so cruel...

Fixed that for you.
It's also important to note that the term "significant delays" is on SG terms, so the only way BB will come out on PC first is if he isn't approved be the end of the year 2015. :PUN:

This is all very distressing, only a few more days. Cmon xbox or psn or whoever it, you are screwing us all!

Nobody is screwing anyone else at present, they are doing the normal testing. Don't be bitter.

Nobody is screwing anyone else at present
We're just so used to that.

...that came out wrong, but I'm going to leave it there.

I'd also like to remind that there was addendum to that "Big Band is coming to PC and consoles at the same time" that if the console patch gets screwed over then PC version won't be delayed beyond a reasonable ammount.

Can we expect Robo Fortune for the March 2020 or am I being too optimistic

What's two more weeks?

i wouldn't mind if there was some logic to it. Purposely delaying him makes no sense.

It's like if you have 2 people: 1 starving, and 1 who has tons of food.
Taking away the second guys' food does nothing at all to help the starving guy.

I can understand why other people that play on the consoles will be pissed that they can't get the DLC before the PC, but all I can say is TOUGH DAMN LUCK. There isn't much that I could do about it if the console version wasn't in good shape and they had to release on PC first.

But seriously, who would go around claiming that the DLC comes out at a certain time, since we know anything that ever happens the moment it happens, so there's no need to crush people's dreams/get their hopes up and then crush their dreams by claiming a certain date unless the staff say so otherwise.

It's good for the console version and PC version to stay at the same point so that there's no questions of what version is being played in tournaments and what characters are legal to pick.

no not really... tournaments will always use console even if pc has an extra character.
The only reason we used PC for tournaments for awhile was because console was still on SDE.
If it was just Squigly, we would've used console.

There's more coming with the Big Band patch than just the character.

It's better to not have the PC players practicing against a heavily changed Fortune when that Fortune isn't the "tournament standard" Fortune.

There's more coming with the Big Band patch than just the character.

It's better to not have the PC players practicing against a heavily changed Fortune when that Fortune isn't the "tournament standard" Fortune.
But we still can/do do that on the beta

But we still can/do do that on the beta
If you WANT TO, that's fine. But if you plan to enter a tournament as Fortune player, and the tournament is on PS3, and you're on PC, and the BBand Patch is released on PC already, it's kinda shit.

Reactions: Cynical
i wouldn't mind if there was some logic to it. Purposely delaying him makes no sense.

It's like if you have 2 people: 1 starving, and 1 who has tons of food.
Taking away the second guys' food does nothing at all to help the starving guy.

But we're talking about a commercial product here. No one is at risk of dying by not being able to play Big Band's story mode for a couple extra weeks. If you are choosing not to play Big Band because he's on Beta and not on the Real Game, then you're voluntarily depriving yourself of that food.

It's actually more like 3 people sitting at a table, where 1 (PC) has been getting food earlier than the other 2 and getting the chance to hang out in the kitchen and taste samples, 1 (PS3) has finally gotten to eat the first two courses (Encore + Squigly), and 1 (360) hasn't gotten anything at all.

If you were the first person (PC) at the table, doesn't it seem a little unfair? You're sitting right in front of your fellow Skullgirls players (PS3/360). Doesn't it make sense to wait just a little extra for the other people at the table to get their food?

Cooks are tasked with preparing a meal for everyone and getting each dish out on the table at the same time, and at the right temperature. People would complain if they brought out one customer's dish and then another's 30 minutes later. I certainly would.

We have a lot of trouble keeping people informed about the state of the game's updates, DLC etc. Having Big Band's release on all platforms be as close together as possible makes our lives easier. I'm sorry if not having Big Band that much earlier is making some people's lives more difficult.

Maybe I went too far with that analogy... YOU STARTED IT, THOUGH <3

Last edited: