• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Recommend Me an Arcade Stick

Horseman

This place ain't how it used to be
Reaction score
Peacock Fukua Big Band
I want to get really into fighting games again for the first time since about 2005, so I want to buy an actual arcade stick for big kids.
Budget is pretty variable. I want a good arcade stick that will last me a long while. I'm going to say ~$100 but I can definitely go higher, and if there's a pretty nice arcade stick for less I'm good with that as well.
I'm going to be playing on PC mostly so I would rather have a 360 stick.
I'm willing to mod the buttons/stick if they aren't sanwa. I will probably mod the art at some point.
So, any suggestions?

Qanba, Hori, MadCatz.

Or mod a Paewang Revolution like I did just for the sake of having a stick that works on 360-PS3-PC

Eightarc Fusion. Had mine for a year. Triple modded for tournies, awesome parts, felt bottom, feels good overall. Only thing is the price, 200 bucks. Or get a Hori fighting edge.

Reactions: Killjoy
Qanba, Hori, MadCatz.

Or mod a Paewang Revolution like I did just for the sake of having a stick that works on 360-PS3-PC
Qanba was clean out of the q1 for 360, then they restocked and they still didn't have any 360 q1's... So I was going with the probably correct assumption that this will take a while. Same for Q2. So it's more of a matter of is the q4 worth $150 for someone buying their first arcade stick in almost a decade, and who probably won't use the extra PS3 functionality (although it's nice that it's there I suppose.)
With madcatz... the catalogue is overwhelming. After doing some research on SRK on what to buy, most of the ones they recommended aren't being built anymore and I couldn't tell if I was paying too much with their new ones.
With hori, all of their current sticks seemed overpriced relative to madcatz/qanba options. The only stick they have in their store for under $150 is out of stock <.<
I don't know about the paewang, the size of the stick seems... really small...

Eightarc Fusion. Had mine for a year. Triple modded for tournies, awesome parts, felt bottom, feels good overall. Only thing is the price, 200 bucks. Or get a Hori fighting edge.
But... $185...
How big is it of an upgrade from the Q4 that it would be worth coughing up an extra $35?

QANBA Q4RAF is what I have, and it is mostly perfect. My only tiny complaint is the small size of the select button and where it is placed. I would highly recommend it though

Ordered a Q4 since everyone seems to like it. c:
A bit outside of what I wanted to pay, but it was also more important to me to get a nice one rather than one that I would have to replace once if/when I wanted to get more serious.