• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Redblaze27 Art Thread

Redblaze27

Currently Drawing
Reaction score
Parasoul Ms. Fortune Fukua
Toddabella recommended me making my own art thread, but I decided to wait until I drew something Skullgirls.
That time as come:
Skullgirls:
dat_fukua_by_redblaze27-d824zcn.png

Had the silly idea and drew it.
tumblr_nd92kgSGDe1t3teeco1_1280.png

As requested by SalmonJunction of Deviantart: Everybodies favorite Skullgirls character, Ms. Fortune, slam-dunking her head through a basketball hoop.
I used the in-game image of Ms Fortune spiking her head as a reference and I knew I had the use the goofy face.
I goofed around on Gimp to make the background. I’ll probably update the background in the future when I get better at using Gimp.
tumblr_ndewzmrKIR1t3teeco1_500.png

To round out my main three Skullgirls characters, here is picture of Parasoul in all her glory.
This is actually inspired by an image from her concept art viewable within the in-game gallery as a concept doodle, but I decided to redo it on a larger scale and color it.
I really like this piece.

SNK:
tumblr_ndcomjJiF61t3teeco1_250.png

A departure from my usual type of work.

I decided to try my hand at making an image entirely digital via Gimp. I had the idea to of making a chibi Athena do the monkey so I did it.
This was not originally intended ad pixel-art, but it kind of works. I might experiment around more with this and see what I can do to make it snazzier.

Metal Slug’s Fiolina “Fio” Germi, as drawn by me.

This picture completely blew past my wildest expectations and is easily the best picture i’ve drawn, no contest. Best part is that it was all done on my PC.

Pokemon:
tumblr_ncqcxl86HU1t3teeco1_250.png

Drawn for someone important to me.
tumblr_nd9hro00KX1t3teeco1_1280.png

Requested drawing from Deviantart.

Maybe I should’ve save this one for Halloween but whatever.
Classic Gengar idle pose from Pokemon Stadium recreated!

Probably my favorite Ghost-type Pokemon.

Hunter X Hunter:
tumblr_ncpbko9wES1t3teeco1_r1_250.png

Drawn because I got into Hunter X Hunter lately, also wanted to try drawing a child

My word, I completely outdid myself myself on this picture of Leorio Paladiknight.

The base image comes from opening 2 and 3 from the 2011 Hunter X Hunter Anime, but I redid it in a much higher quality and with a blank card instead of it being his Hunter ID card. I would’ve loved to add some sort of playing card in there in its place but for now, lets pretend its his doctor business card.

Other:
tumblr_ncn18cFwK31t3teeco1_500.png

A requested doodle from Toddabella via twitter.
tumblr_nd5z7tBmEv1t3teeco1_1280.png

I drew myone of my friend's characters, Melody Emerald Cross, as to try out drawing an anthropomorphic character and it also gave me an excuse to learn a bit about Gimp. It feels weird being better at drawing his characters than my own. XD
Melody and her companions can be found here: melody-emerald-cross.deviantar…
tumblr_ndr54qQFQ81t3teeco1_1280.png

Commission by Operation-Ghostwolf of Deviantart

I really like how these two turned out. While Fiona was mostly a tracing job I had to create the lower half of cake in the image I had chosen to draw.
I should get around to watching Adventure Time someday.
tumblr_ndvtls6mBo1t3teeco1_400.png

Commission for operation-ghostwolf of Deviantart

She wanted to see a piece of Korra bending so I drew a picture of Korra bending. She didn’t specify an age so I took inspiration from her at age four.
Sorry for it being doodle quality.

Commission by cam6 of Deviantart.

I was not planning for her to be my first One Piece character I draw but she did come out pretty well. gave be an excuse to with hair effects.

Original Characters:
tumblr_nd9oqrOqvn1t3teeco1_1280.png

I bring you the 2014 prototype Shanto. It was long overdue because this is the very first image a drew after the hiatus and I stupidly scanned the image as a .jpeg and had to manually fix it pixel by pixel until I found the function on Gimp to save a few hours.

Frankly, I hate this picture. I can never seem to capture her correctly in a drawing whereas I have done with Innosence. Things that notably bug me is that her eye is too large and the hair blowing effect didn’t really work out. This probably would’ve come out better if I had used a scale reference.

Unless I get a request that intrigues me, my next drawing will be a second attempt at Shanto. I’ll give her a bio when I get a picture I am happy with.
Let me know what you think of the piece. Maybe i'm just being overly harsh on it.
tumblr_ndaru6Xxx81t3teeco1_1280.png

Here is my second attempt at Shanto. A great deal better than the previous attempt but there are a number of things I still need to improve upon.
I went basic on the details so this can serve as my new control picture of her until I make a better one.

What is she finding odd off-screen and who is she waiting upon?

Anyway, Profile:

Shanto is the latest person too inherit a mystical power, typically wielded by one person at a time which manifests itself according to the users personality. However she obtained her power from a desperate power transfusion from two individuals which resulted in her obtaining a similar "Armor of the Soul" ability to her predecessor, her strength potential drawn out, and a very limited aptitude for pyrokenisis. Alongside those abilities gifted to her, she has the ability to sense bad events, has a fighting style based around sonic speed punches and break-dancing like moves, a unique "X-factor" that allows her to become temporarily stronger the more exhausted she gets, and the ability to temporarily transcend her own limitations through force of will.

When not on alert to battle, Shanto can normally be seen in her trademark outfit of a red and white t-shirt, blue-jeans, black & white sneakers & a yellow bracelet. She enjoys cruising around on motorcycles & playing video games on her time off.
tumblr_nd7058NH7w1t3teeco1_1280.png
rose_summers_by_redblaze27-d824yzw.png

A character of mine that I never did a proper piece for. Came out much better than I had hoped it would.

This piece was ultimately a test for me to combine multiple reference pictures into a single image. She really didn’t come out looking like the character too much (nor did her outfit for that matter, but I added/changed stuff there) but I still like this piece. If I had to add a background to this picture, she’d probably be laying on a piano.

A profile for her will come with a more normal image.

Let me know what you guys think.
I'm always looking to improve my skills.

Last edited:
tumblr_neaqrrw0NN1t3teeco1_r1_1280.png