• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Road to Improvement

KashCash

Reaction score
Steam
SternumSteven
PSN
SternumSteven
Fukua
I'll be updating this over time to show my progress and try documenting it from this date forward. For context's sake, I've been training with Skullgirls since Janurary on PC with a DualShock 4, and my Vita (also with a DS4 sometimes). I've gotten used to hard CPUs, and have tried to do attacks in training mode and perfect combos. I can't do showstopper/blockbuster finishers reliably though.

As of 2/5/18 - i had my first match against an IRL friend. He used a fightstick. I was kinda proud of how I was able to win, I feel like I'm better at blocking than before but I tend to get caught up in making combos first, blocking second. I can defend against mixups wellish though. Earlier I had trouble beating Double on Hard CPU, I always got caught in a huge attack the second I was knocked into the air, and I couldn't block it.

2/7/18 = Tried doing some Filia training and going into some Hard CPU training. I don't think I was as good as I normally am, but I also haven't been playing as often, so that's probably why. I also have video of my playing. It was the first time I played against a Big Band and it really didn't go well.

I also tried to re-learn some moves but I can't reliably do like Gregor Samson, Airball, etc. I forget I even have the flashy moves honestly, feel kinda bad I can't do them.

I've never recorded video before, so some settings are iffy and I know the second video had some freezing in game, I normally have 60FPS when not recording.

I haven't posted here in a long while, but I want to say that I feel more confident in playing the game. I can go toe to toe with Nightmare level CPU most of the time.

I'm still only using Filia and Fuukua, I tend to use the Gregor Samson and the Platonic Drillationship specials the most. I feel like I can really get something with this duo. Sadly I can't really get better with anyone else atm. I will also admit that the Feneir Dive is really hard for me to do still, keep getting it messed up with updo. And the Lvl 3 attack for Filia, I can almost never do.

Peacocks are always the most annoying for me to get to fight against. I'm starting to see that if I can use more of Fuukua's energy blasts, I can keep them at bay, but still. Her special always gets me destroyed.

I don't know what other characters I can try, honestly. Maybe I should try someone else because I'm too comfortable at this point.

At the same time, I know I CAN get better because I haven't been able to complete the trials yet. Like Filia's first, linking the 5 other attacks into a hairball and Feneir Dive is always the hardest part, but I can do the 5 other attacks no problem. I also feel like I need to get better at mixing up combos, I tend to have a set pattern that works well, but I can get predictable.