• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune Combo Thread

I wouldn't say valuable, and I wouldn't respond to that part of his post in the first place. Respond to the tech. Ninja, don't come looking for sympathy if you won't even accept it in the first place. Combo ender can be reoptimized if you can find a way to do hk danger into final chain xx hk danger. Finding a way to lay a mine xx magnet > combo off otg mine might yield even more damage, and give the opponent even less meter

Not sure how useful this is, but just popping in to say: any time you lay a mine in the corner during a combo, it allows you enough time to call another head and still juggle.
So you can start a combo with one head, use a mine and get another. Or if you don't care about juggling, you can get two by ending with a mine.

Just started messing with this char. How can i improve this ?

Improve it in what way?

More heads? More damage? Corner carry? Further distance from opponent after it ends?
any of those is improving to me lmao, i just started playing her

any of those is improving to me lmao, i just started playing her
Okay, if you're focusing on heads and positioning, this is what I would do since I like heads.
[av]http://puu.sh/mSCw0/4a4b24ab56.webm[/av]
If you get them in the corner, 5LP 5[MP] into 2HK will allow A-Train to grab them after.
You can get 3 heads from here.
Call A-Train sometime around the end of 5[MP] to knock them into the grab with the head launch.

After this, if you have full Undizzy, you can pick up off the A-Train and just keep comboing them forever until they burst and knock you to fullscreen.
The end result is 3 heads + fullscreen positioning and you can always laser them after you land.

Note that some very specific set ups with Alpha Counters can hit you with the burst or not and then snag you , in that case you can not end start the A-Train at full Undizzy and then get a normal pick up and ender after it finishes.

If you hit them midscreen, combo into 5HK + A-Train and it will let you get 3 heads safely.
[av]http://puu.sh/mSCyq/141d0f5e37.webm[/av]

i see, thanks skarmand! i still don't know how to use the heads well but i'll remember that stuff

for your corner route after the 2HP, try jMK jHK beam land jLK jHK beam 5MP 5HP 236HK etc

i fucked around with a similar route once i had all my heads etc

Last edited:
hell yeah i got almost 10.2k without any head and with 2/3 heads i got 10.5k

try
On lights you can do Mine, c.HK, and still catch with c.HP, so you have another head (to use somewhere if it helps, otherwise just to keep). On some people (Filia etc) the c.HK can even be made to hit. On mediums you can catch with s.MP, and on heavies only s.LP.

Fullscreen beam confirm into (almost) full combo. You can use any magnet confirm combo, though c.mp or s.mk will have to be cut to accommodate for the extra 20 undizzy from the beam.
  • Universal
  • Optional side switch
  • Fantastic for anchor clutch situations (one stray beam is all you need to confirm)
  • Works with all ground beams
The combo I used deals 8k. You can follow up with a burst bait, or, if you have the meter, you can dump another super. Magnet may be useful to corner carry if you missed your chance to side switch.

Reactions: SCOTT_WHALE
Do you have enough time to hit-confirm the beam before doing the level 3?

Do you have enough time to hit-confirm the beam before doing the level 3?

If you do the qcb immediately afterward, it's possible, but you need to be paying close attention. I use the block effect as an audio cue, but you can also use a visual cue.

It's much, much easier with HP beam, but it has travel time.

I am the OP of this thread now.
I've updated the first post with what I would love the OP's of other character combo threads to look like.

What do you guys think?

It's not a combo compendium but it's more than enough to get someone started.
The other thing is, we have pages of posts involving air dash cancels that are not helpful for anyone since she doesn't have that any more.

Would it be okay to remove the posts from the thread, or should I label every post with a red message saying these posts are out of date and do not work.

The second option is a lot of work for me but if people think it's worth it to keep those around then...

I think just having a notification in the OP directing to the first post after it was changed to the current version should be enough, I kinda like having the stuff that used to work here.

Reactions: Wenzel
Okay.
I tagged all the dead combos with a doesn't work tag and added a link in the OP which points to the first combo after the DJ change was added.

I like the OP now up to the point of the "Easy" universal midscreen, I don't think new players have an easy time linking back to a light button. Other than that, I would have said basically what Caio said

I should probably post my corner combo here at some point, huh?

Does anyone have an optimized 2 meter combo using the mine thing ?

Does anyone have an optimized 2 meter combo using the mine thing ?
mine thing? you mean the corner combo where you use Magnetic Slam into Land Mine to convert off of the super?

i mean kinda have one... but optimized, i really don't know.

mine thing? you mean the corner combo where you use Magnetic Slam into Land Mine to convert off of the super?

i mean kinda have one... but optimized, i really don't know.

Yea thats the idea , I thought there might be a route with the dp super done early then a beam super finisher that would yield insane damage

Yea thats the idea , I thought there might be a route with the dp super done early then a beam super finisher that would yield insane damage
It yields 10k, yea

*sigh* Maybe one of these millenniums I'll stop being lazy and actually record a video of my combo too instead of typing things out.

so i'm fiddling around with air throw and cilia slide assist, plus mines.
apparently air throw > djc > j.hk (holding down) > s.lp > s.mp > s.mk > (cilia hits) > mine drop > explosion > cross-up j.hk > HP air laser > s.lp into launcher works.

done on filia and currently experimenting on others. this works midscreen; due to the crossup nature of j.HK, you can have HP air laser hit and still follow up.

assist must be called on the last hit of s.MP. easiest done when not at the apex of the jump.
i am unsure if i can put up a video, but have some food for thought with optimizations. does this sound like the right way to go about?

If your testing damage optimization you shouldn't be starting from air throw.

Just start from the sLP and then take a look at the final damage of the combo and compare it to the current popular BnB's. (in the OP)

If your testing damage optimization you shouldn't be starting from air throw.

Just start from the sLP and then take a look at the final damage of the combo and compare it to the current popular BnB's. (in the OP)

sorry, i meant to say that i was going for the best damage off of an air throw, not so much a regular combo.

sorry, i meant to say that i was going for the best damage off of an air throw, not so much a regular combo.
It's easier to compare to what exists already if you don't do it off an air throw, which lets you know if it's the best damage or not.

There's no difference from an air throw starter and a regular sLP starter besides one is scaled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cattfish
UPDATE EDIT that no one will ever notice. surprise, this combo is universal! it works on every character; it likes big band a lot but can be finicky with cerebella; don't use s.lk after beam with her but use s.lp instead. therefore, use s.lk after the j.hk.

also instead of barely scratching 6.8k, you can get 7030. that's more than parasoul's max damage combo (which I think coincidentally is 6.8k?)

air throw > djc > dash > c.MP > s.MK > s.HP> cilia slide assist > qcf.MK > (explode) > j.HK > HP air beam > s.LK > s.MP > s.MK > c.HP > jc > j.MP > j.HK > djc > j.MK > j.HK > s.LP (2x) > s.MP > s.MK > s.HP > qcf.HK > super (6.5-7.0k)

Last edited:
This ender feels too obvious to be new, but I haven't seen anyone else doing it. If you have an assist that keeps the opponent standing after it hits (e.g. most projectiles), you can link it into s.HK at the end of a combo for one of those burst bait knockdown things to get 3 heads out. This loses to alpha counters, so use it against your opponent's final character or when they have no meter.

I have to say I am very happy that this thread picked up so much steam from when I originally saw it. For a while I thought my Robo stuff was optimized, but now I my stuff is at least stylish. I'll get some more damage in there eventually.

P.S. The video is totally in progress, definitely not procrastinating. Nope.

hey im having trouble catching people with mp after the 2 j mk and hp .. sometimes we both land at the same time and sometimes they land before me, what do i do

Try delaying the HP after MK. It can help to get you lower to the ground since j.MK has a load of hitstun.

Reactions: plusvybz

I thought these combos I made are pretty cool. Although they aren't very practical but I like the idea of having to dash fullscreen to continue the combo.

Also backwards hitboxes XD Want to figure out a way to use more in one combo XD

i've been working on the most optimal HCH corner combo for Robo Fortune. My best damage is 9.5k, but if anyone can create one better (10k?) feel free to challenge that. i only used one meter and the meter gain is 4/5 of a whole meter. if you used a burst bait in the corner (see: j.mk) you can probably just make up the bar anyways. this works on everyone except double: jump back for valentine, squigly, and cerebella. i really need some video recording software.
c.HP > j.HP > djc > j.MK > j.HP > HP Beam
s.[MP] > c.HP > j.HK > djc > j.MP > j.HK > HP Beam
s.LP (2x) > s.[MP] > s.HP > HK Danger!
c.LK > s.[MP] > s.MK > s.HP > HK Danger! > CCAlpha

Last edited:
i've been working on the most optimal HCH corner combo for Robo Fortune. My best damage is 9.5k, but if anyone can create one better (10k?) feel free to challenge that. i only used one meter and the meter gain is 4/5 of a whole meter. if you used a burst bait in the corner (see: j.mk) you can probably just make up the bar anyways. this works on everyone except double: jump back for valentine, squigly, and cerebella. i really need some video recording software.
c.HP > j.HP > djc > j.MK > j.HP > HP Beam
s.[MP] > c.HP > j.HK > djc > j.MP > j.HK > HP Beam
s.LP (2x) > s.[MP] > s.HP > HK Danger!
c.LK > s.[MP] > s.MK > s.HP > HK Danger! > CCAlpha

Ahhh yes more people who do j.hp after launch. I looooooove it!