• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune Tech and Resets Thread

I made a video with some resets I know for Robo Fortune. The BnB I use is shown at the beggining of the video.

1)

Cancel L Headdrone (RAM) into Magnet just as the head activates to make your Magnet safe on block. (Instant release)
[Because you can punish Magnet on block with falling jLight for those who don't know]
It also stuffs most (all?) [Some?! I only tested Timpani] post flash reversals thanks to the delay and tracking on the missile, because you CAN post flash reversal Magnet into Timpani and junk.

2)

cHP x Mine xx Magnet is great on the first chain to add some more damage to your combo if you want to spend more meter and you can't DHC for whatever reason.
Example would be like

cLK cMP sMK cHP x Mine xx Magnet
OTG sLK cMP cHP
jHP x H Beam
DJ jLK jMP x H Beam
\/ /\ jLP jHK x H Beam
sLP sLP s[MP] sMK sHP x H Spin xx Cannon

DMG: A lot, I don't remember close to like 9k or something.
Double cannon combos are much better but they require an assist.

3)

If you land a sHK that launches fullscreen distance (You basically need to start with your back close to the corner) you can launch a level 1 / 2 / 3 missile at the end of sHK recovery (don't spawn a head), and the cancel that into Cannon.
This gives you Cannon > Missiles Hit > Cannon at fullscreen, letting you spend 2 meters if you don't have 3, and it doesn't require an assist.
Timing is harder the heavier the character, and on some characters that have funky hitboxes (look at u, bella), some of the missiles can miss and fuck it up, and you don't want to get tech forward Cannon blocked.

1)

If you have a head, and you're at full Undizzy, you can end a combo with sHP x Mine, sHK [Undizzy Proc].
Assuming they don't have AC options to punish this, or they have no bar, (or their AC option is only enough to just poke you out of something but they can't confirm) they can't ground tech the knockdown from sHK which lets you spawn 2 heads before they get up.

If their AC option is just some port of projectile assist that doesn't lead into confirm, it's probably worth letting them hit you with that and taking the minor damage so they give up a bar.

It takes away their ground tech forward which is pretty useful.

2)

If you're below 1 meter, make sure to cancel your L Beams from a heavy button.
This gives you the meter build instantly from a heavy, and then you cancel 1F later into a beam which gives you a huge meter boost.

You can only build meter by whiffing normals below 1 bar, and you can only build meter from whiffing a normal if you're not jumping backwards, so jump back jHP x L Beam is a no go.

VSAV stuff, yay.

3)

From an DJ IOH starter, jLP jMK jHP works everywhere, but you have to land and link into cMK midscreen.
If you don't want to do that, do jLP jMK, \/ cLK cMP cMK cHP or something.
If you are a stick user using Yoma's method of DJ IOH, (that is, 9, 9 instead of 8, 8) you have to change your confirm to 9/\ JLP JHP, because JLP JMK will whiff on some characters.

With the recent chances to Band's assists, I've switched over to M Giant Step as his assist. I got this trick to work on a couple lights, and it's possible it'll work on more characters and weights.

If you land a mid-screen s.hk, you can actually call M Giant Step assist and convert off of it. It relies on you moving forward, which causes Band to move forward, which extends the already insane range of Giant Step. It's frame perfect, so I wouldn't rely on it too much, but it's there. When I say frame perfect, I don't exactly mean frame perfect. You have to start dashing starting from the very end of s.hk's recovery, which is moderately easy to do with practice, and then you have to call the Giant Step assist on the right frame. If you're one frame early, Band will attack before he's close enough. If you do it one frame late, the opponent will have ground teched. This is insanely easy to do if they don't ground tech, but it's probably safe to assume they will.

I'm not quite sure if it's easier or harder the closer you are to your opponent. Definitely doable at just about any range, though; the only variables that plays into whether or not it'll work are the opponent's weight class and hurtboxes.

That's awesome! Once you get going, you can hold down before you land to easily get another normal jump TK beam.

I played around with it at 10% speed in training mode and it looks like it's a 1 frame window to get it on standing Fukua. Pressing MP 3 frames after upforward gives you standing beam, and pressing it 5 frames after upforward is too high to hit her. But it makes it way easier to hit slightly taller characters like Beowulf, who used to be a 1 frame window with superjump TK beam.

edit: The difference is HUGE for H beam! It's very easy to get normal jump TK H beam to hit with every hit vs standing Ms Fortune AND CROUCHING BIG BAND, whereas even a frame-perfect superjump TK H beam will only hit with the first two hits. This is great.

Last edited:
Post about head IPS / Undizzy rules that you should know about if you play Robo.

When you CREATE A HEAD WITH 2HK, that head tags itself with the combo stage it's at when it spawns.
If you just do 2HK on it's own during neutral, that's a stage 2 head.
If you spawn a head during stage 3, such as sLP sMP cHP > Excellabella assist, then spawn 3 heads, those 3 heads will tag themselves as stage 3 heads.
If you do a launcher, air chain, land, launch into Excella assist (now stage 5), then spawn 3 heads, all those heads will be stage 5 heads.

Stage 2 heads don't add undizzy and don't set it off for their respective RAM / Mine / Missile attacks.
Stage 3 heads add undizzy but can't set it off.
Stage 5 heads add undizzy and set it off if it's at full.

Each head has a separate tag for it's combo stage, meaning you can have 3 heads at stage 2 / 3 / 5 or whatever respectively.
Robo floats newly spawned heads up front and uses them last, and puts old heads at the back and uses them first.

SO, some examples:

If you try and end a combo at max undizzy with a stage 5 head, it will add undizzy and also set it off letting them burst.
If you try and do an extension to your combo with sHP > Mine and that head was stage 3, it will add undizzy but not set it off if it's not full.
If you combo with sHP > Mine and that head was stage 2 and you're decently through your combo, like at stage 3 or 5, it won't add any undizzy and it won't set it off obviously if it's not full.
A stage 5 can only set off undizzy when the undizzy bar is full (duh), and a stage 3 head can't set off undizzy no matter what even if the undizzy bar is full when it's attacking.

This is most important with Stage 3/5 heads that are spawning missiles.
If you spawn Stage 3 heads and then use missiles with them, every single missile will add undizzy points and send the bar from empty to full very quickly, but they won't set off the undizzy bar once it reaches max.
If you spawn Stage 5 heads and use missiles, all the missiles again will add undizzy points per missile hit, and they will also set it off when it gets to max.
Missiles are currently bugged so that even if they are proc'ing undizzy, they don't display the undizzy effect to let the opponent know they can burst.. but all hits afterwards from any other source will.

So if you end a combo with
Assist > Missiles (Stage 5 heads) > Cannon > (Stage 5 Missiles Hits, and sets off Undizzy quietely without letting the opponent know, but they can burst if they know to hit a button) > Cannon Again
The second cannon will display the Undizzy sparks and play the noise.

You're free to do the above with Stage 2 / 3 heads without them bursting out of the Cannon > Missiles > Cannon chain.

Edit: The most obvious thing to remember is that if you spawn any heads with the common sHK > cHK ender, those ones are the bad Stage 5 ones.

Keep track of your head stages!
What a cool character.

The purpose of this special stage tracking is to prevent SoiD loops for Peacock, but it unfortunately gets in the way of some of Robo's stuff.

Last edited:
r u implyin wat i fink ur implyin
laughing my fucking ass off if ur not prepared for sg2ndencore+extend

But no, it's the JP voices + Xbox lobby addition patch, where Mike is maybe able to fix the missiles not showing the Undizzy effect bug, he's not changing this head tracking stuff.

Last edited:
Does c.HK have some sort of invincible frames? Can this help against other characters/moves?

Does c.HK have some sort of invincible frames? Can this help against other characters/moves?

What you see is the projectile of c.hk clashing with the hit of the moai head. So basically the projectiles cancel each other out.

Reactions: Raging_Zoroark
What you see is the projectile of c.hk clashing with the hit of the moai head. So basically the projectiles cancel each other out.

Interesting. The head doesn't disappear after the clash, hence why I didn't think about this possibility. I wonder if this works versus Fukua's air fireball and Beowulf's chair.

Interesting. The head doesn't disappear after the clash, hence why I didn't think about this possibility. I wonder if this works versus Fukua's air fireball and Beowulf's chair.

It nullifies both of those, and Horace.

Might as well share some tech.
L danger will beat both of beo's lvl1 supers.
Robo sweep will beat eliza sweep if not done during startup.
Head mine will allow pickup for magnet super. Be careful though, as you need to have enough time to do the magnet super.
Magnet will convert off of far burst baits.
C.mp buffer c.mk is an ok thing to do if you are you looking to counter a poke and are just out of range.
S.mk is a good normal.
You don't have to fear any super at long range when you have 3 bars since det mode has no recovery.
After a soft kd in the corner, jump and do j.hk. Manipulate your velocity and go for a high low mixup.
C.hp J.lp j.mk j.hk will work as a crossunder against heavies.
Beo, Eliza, Cerebella, and big band are all tall enough that you don't need dj ioh tech.
Magnet and det mode are good supers to cancel to. Mainly for lvl 3 missiles and dhc shenanigans.
C.mk is very good against people that whiff air moves.
It counts as a hit if j.hp hits a projectile(dunno how you can really take advantage of this).