• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-fortune???

Sebbb3rr0r

Annie Of The Stars!
Reaction score
Eliza Squigly Robo Fortune
So I’ve been playing a lot of robo-fortune recently and I’m getting confused on how I should play her? Is she a ranger character sorta like peacock or is is she a more aggressive character, or a mix of both. She also doesn’t do a lot of damage so I’ve wondered on how to do the most damage without giving the enemy a lot of meter. Also how do people use her heads??

Robo Fortune is a bit of a mix of both but she's more closely aligned towards a zoner while having the capability of getting close so you aren't wrong at any of those guesses, Robo Fortune does pretty average damage but because she is a zoner you usually aim to chip them down a bit with your beams or you will have to reset them about 3 times iirc more 4. (some assists may reduce how often you might have to reset)

Usually how you want to play robo will depend on what assists you use, more neutral oriented or defensive tools like a DP move or something like brass would be a more zoner oriented way to play as these will either push the opponent out of the way or it will get them off you when they manage to get close.

A more rushdown oriented version would also include a neutral oriented assist but will also include lockdown assists and maybe even resource acquisition assists such as a train or excellabella or salt grinder.

You can do both things (zone or go in) with whatever assist you want give or take. Usually your strategy is to be annoying and put your opponent in unfavorable situations by leading their approach with how you beam them. In a way you're setting a trap by limiting their approach options (this is a very open interpretation)

The heads also have dual roles, L ram is very good at helping your zoning but also very good at aiding an approach, M mine is a floor trap that can stop people from approaching you or at least delay their approach while also working like a pseudo dp up close (it doesn't always work) H missiles is very good at adding to your chip value as it's plently of chip and lock down in case you want to go in or even tag in a different character

Another use for her heads is that she can jump cancel 5HK on hit for the cost of one head which nets you very neat conversions or a semi reliable overhead that leads to combo.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: Polarisx
Robo Fortune is a bit of a mix of both but she's more closely aligned towards a zoner while having the capability of getting close so you aren't wrong at any of those guesses, Robo Fortune does pretty average damage but because she is a zoner you usually aim to chip them down a bit with your beams or you will have to reset them about 3 times iirc more 4. (some assists may reduce how often you might have to reset)

Usually how you want to play robo will depend on what assists you use, more neutral oriented or defensive tools like a DP move or something like brass would be a more zoner oriented way to play as these will either push the opponent out of the way or it will get them off you when they manage to get close.

A more rushdown oriented version would also include a neutral oriented assist but will also include lockdown assists and maybe even resource acquisition assists such as a train or excellabella or salt grinder.

You can do both things (zone or go in) with whatever assist you want give or take. Usually your strategy is to be annoying and put your opponent in unfavorable situations by leading their approach with how you beam them. In a way you're setting a trap by limiting their approach options (this is a very open interpretation)

The heads also have dual roles, L ram is very good at helping your zoning but also very good at aiding an approach, M mine is a floor trap that can stop people from approaching you or at least delay their approach while also working like a pseudo dp up close (it doesn't always work) H missiles is very good at adding to your chip value as it's plently of chip and lock down in case you want to go in or even tag in a different character

Another use for her heads is that she can jump cancel 5HK on hit for the cost of one head which nets you very neat conversions or a semi reliable overhead that leads to combo.

I hope that helps.
Thx! Thanks for replying as yes this does help. I’ll experiment with different supports and see which will suit my play style best. I also main sguigly, valentine, parousel, fukua and Eliza and i wonder if any of they’re moves could be good to be paired with robo-fortune. Also would peacock be better then robo cause I heard that in YouTube and wanted to know if I should practise more with her. Thx again

Robo can use Squigly's Drag n Bite as a neutral aid to her beams and does okay chip while also providing lockdown (and I think it helps get a combo after a throw but I don't remember)
with Valentine H Bypass works really well in converting her beams into a combo which she normally can't do on her own meterlessly (can help convert after ground throw)
Parasoul's L and H shot provide nice horizontal coverage with your beams and Napalm pillar is a decent DP assist that gets people off you (probably can't help convert for throw but maybe)
Fukua can let robo convert off beams with M shadow though it can be a little gimmicky but it can work, H drill might be the easier choice since it also adds a teensy bit of chip to your beams (I think both let you convert from throw?)
Eliza's H spiral is great up close and adds 900 chip to whatever robo is already doing. If you plan around this, you can do about 1.something k to 2k if you play your cards right and it's also an interesting lockdown tool (I don't think this one lets you convert from throw)

These are just suggestions since this is more of a common pick but experimentation is always worthwhile, you might find something different you might like more. I think the best way to pick would be to figure out what you like doing as a certain character and see what you can tack on to help you enable the thing you think is fun and rewarding to do.

Also tierlist-wise Peacock is currently one of the strongest characters in the game but I think character choice should coincide with what you're more comfortable using, Robo is still a solid pick with great utility for the rest of your team. But if you think Peacock would suit you better I'd try it.

Reactions: Sebbb3rr0r