• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Audio Robo-Fortune's possible theme music.

BlakeCourser

Alien dude
Reaction score
XBL
Reaper of Dusk
Cerebella Double Squigly
Last night on EightySixed/Ultimate Showstopper we had a bit of talk about her possible theme, where someone suggested a remixed dubstep/techno version of The Fish Man's Dance, possibly named Drop The Bass. (Of course it has to have a pun, it's still Fortune)

Ever since then I've been searching for something along these lines.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I think that's highly unlikely. Not because it couldn't be good/fun/etc, but because it would be so far outside of what the game currently has in terms of music in the game. I can see a remix, but not one that uses modern music conventions. Whatever they do, it'll still sound, "gamey," to fit with the rest.

Reactions: Denizen
Metal Remix of Lab Zero theme called "Lab Nyao"

i was thinking of a blend of industrial music and 1920's swing. you know the sounds of pistons and mechanical parts as the bass/ drum line with a support of light brass instruments.

Edit: okay so Samurai Jack did this with the whole Robotic Viking March where all the noises the robots made turned into the beat of the music so just think of that but with swing-ish music. Below is the video where it happens at 2:12 mark.

Last edited:
Metal Remix of Lab Zero theme called "Lab Nyao"
Why is it that whenever somebody says, "_____ remix," it never actually means that?

Metal remix = I added some midi guitar
Epic remix = I added some midi strings
Acoustic remix = I found a white girl to sing

With such high standards to live up to, I'm sure Vince and Yamane will be working overtime on her theme.

hmmmm i'm just curious what music software you use Night Phyre.
I use Reaper as my DAW. I used several Kontakt libraries on this one, and there's bit depth reduction used as a tonal element.

Looks at Reaper. OOOO~ It has download button, must be free. Downloads it says it's a trail for 60 days. full price 230 bucks, if at a discount 60. Lets hope that there is a discount coming soon. don't like pirating things.

Looks at Reaper. OOOO~ It has download button, must be free. Downloads it says it's a trail for 60 days. full price 230 bucks, if at a discount 60. Lets hope that there is a discount coming soon. don't like pirating things.

A ninja who doesn't like to pirate.

oh trust me i've torrented my fair share of stuff, but that was only when i didn't want to spend the money for a trial mode product that I was still using to make something. besides i love playing around with new midi makers and stuff like that.

A couple of things:

- the trial period is 60 days, but it doesn't lock after that. It simply tells you the trial period is up, and that you should buy it. The trial version is functionally identical to the full version.

- you can freely choose (on the honor system) between the full and discounted licenses. As a private user making less than 20k/yr from the works made in Reaper, you qualify for the discounted license.

i was thinking of a blend of industrial music and 1920's swing.

I'm not really proficient in industrial music but if someone says industrial I think KMFDM. I just love how much of their stuff can be so varied. Would be cool if you heard something similar to their style mixed with some upbeat 20s-50s swing tune

Is it just me or I kinda see what you did there?

you can freely choose (on the honor system) between the full and discounted licenses.
I like these guys. Also Reaper is a good program to boot so I don't feel like I'm being gypped out my money. thanks, man.

Das KMFDM

Yeah this is something I like, a blend of Snyth, Metal, and Bits. Now all we got to is translate it to the 20-50s swing. I feel the beginning part of Juke Joint, feels the most Robo Fortune.

But I did it anyway because I'm a dork.

I love it! Though I get a MvC 3 vibe- specifically, Magneto's name where they start spelling his name for some reason.

Well well well well, I forgot all about this one childhood show i watched. the BBC series, ROBOT WARS. and it so happens to be that they have an OST out online, and it fits just what i was looking for with Robo Kitty's theme. Anyone fancy some robotic destruction with CRAIG CHARLES?

go to 19:31 for "3,2,1, Activate!"

Reactions: ArgonBern