• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Salty Bet

Dude when the last post is from almost a year ago I'm pretty sure the double post rule is almost nonexistent at that point.
But when I get some time on my hands again I can't wait to have salty going on in the background 24/7
Also teirless betting = yes can't wait for random upsets

Reactions: Jutsei
I'm not sure about Tierless betting, it was promised in the EX 4 update in November, but maybe this time it's actually here.
Already a lot of great additions to EX 5, got some Dangan Ronpa, got some FNaF, and some cool other additions.

Already a lot of great additions to EX 5, got some Dangan Ronpa, got some FNaF, and some cool other additions.
Have any Skullgirls characters been added in as part of the new rotation?

Are there any SG characters at all in Mugen? I've never seen any.

I'm pretty sure L0 has actually asked someone who was doing Valentine to stop.

Huh, I found this thread once and promptly forgot about it.

I'll start watching tomorrow when it's not so late.

We got Squigs and she's damn real, like mid S tier.

I missed Phily D:, ah well I'll see her eventually. Also Nosepass is amazing, Nosex how ever... Shame after that fight I hit a 30 lose streak.

I kinda disappointed at the NEW tier this time round. I mean we did get Squigs and Phily this update as well as updated RoF Alice (finally). But of what I've seen thus far it's been a lot of potatoes, Canadians, some potato Mexibeams, and wanna be X tiers that'll be booted to the limbo of in between S and X. And most of them being not all that memorable, aside from how often some of them have been showing up. Though some matches have been pretty hype and some characters being good chat pleasers, like Kanji and Runaway.

Though I wish I had the time and skill to make MUGEN characters, like every year or so I do like keeping up to date with the characters people create and upload to various MUGEN sites and could see some of the one's I've seen be pretty great if updated/edited slightly. Like a Neku Sakuraba, then re uploaded to mugenarchive in 2016, though if memory serves me correctly he doesn't have his Syncs' nor English dub which chat would eat up. And no Sho either though I blame lack of attack sprites (not that stop some people) would be pretty great as well. Though really I just want to do the seemingly impossible and make a decent Sonic character(s) in mugen, like it shouldn't be that hard but apparently is.

One time I put all my money against Nosex and lost. The character I'd bet on was an absolute potato, it was that girl with no legs that hovers. Curse my memory, I'd seen her twice but couldn't remember anything about how it went. Not sure it would've really helped when trying to distinguish between "bad" and "bottom of the barrel." Another character had beaten Nosex who wasn't very good, like low B or something.

The new characters with names ending in "mvc" (mainly DBZ characters but I also saw a Luffy) who have good spritework are really solid, probably a little too frame-perfect for fighting against humans but very solid and fair for AIs. Whoever made the new Persona additions is also really good. I've seen Chie, Kanji (chair is honorary sword), Marie and Adachi.

Then there's the new Ice Climbers. They have goddamn wobbling as their only combo and it goes like 16 times before it ends. They're tiny (I think it's the original sprites). They have their sliding ice projectiles. And they have their glacier super which is just solid, though they don't use it much (I wasn't paying attention to meter). Marie beat them, thankfully.

Eh I kinda misjudged this batch I just saw a bunch of garbage matches in a row. While I was typing that it started getting better and most matches I saw today where pretty great. Though I wish some of the potatoes would get out rooted like the X tiers are.

Also Hiro how is that 500k loss treating you :PUN:.

I haven't been on as much today, but still very enjoying this new batch of characters. Lots of good Undertales and refreshingly creative characters.
Really glad my boy Krushmann avoided the dreaded P-Tier.

DAMMIT GOGGLED THAT WAS A CLERICAL ERROR

I WAS SUPPOSED TO BET ON HYPER BEAST

I would've gotten another million off those odds...

Edit: Aaaand the 40k payout I was about to get failed... for everybody. It just didn't register in the system. No 40k for me.

Last edited:
I finally saw Filia show up the other day. She calls herself as an assist, which is cute.

Haven't seen Squigs yet.

Yo this P tier tourney is actually hype.

How did this Fiona have zero wins, she can't deal with pressure but she's fighting P tiers. She must've recently been added from B or something.

Last edited:
Salty Bet has returned once more, as with last year and the year before it, after EVO Bets, we have a new update!
EX9 adds 1000 + new characters, new songs, and new music to enjoy.
We're currently at roughly 904 characters, with over 80 X tier characters quarantined already.
Thankfully very few have been actually reached now, so, if you're interested, come on down
https://www.twitch.tv/saltybet

did they add in more skullgirls characters?

i once saw a filia and a squigly. just once.

did they add in more skullgirls characters?

i once saw a filia and a squigly. just once.
Apparently Skullgirls characters aren't allowed in Mugen at the request of Lab Zero.

There are some Blazblue Cross Tag characters tho, including a "Robo Weiss" April Fools character which was surprisingly really entertaining

Apparently Skullgirls characters aren't allowed in Mugen at the request of Lab Zero.
This always sounded weird to me, but I've never actually seen an official post by LZ about this.

All I've heard that's from rumors from random mugen forums from years ago.